Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 11-25-2010   #241
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
Miller if he plays. Another guy you could grab off the ww this week is Jimmy Graham. Don't be surprised if he blows up for NO with Shockey out.
Think this week is a good week to pick him up and start him? Miller is questionable. Was terrible last week too.
Old 11-25-2010   #242
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Weekly Sit/Start Discussion Thread

Yes, he has won the trust of both Brees and Payton. They've been hyping this kid since the preseason as a big time playmaker and he is now beginning to emerge as a favorable target for Brees. Get him now before he becomes the next Tamme.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010   #243
Ckw

Well as many of you know, I was the fortunate individual that traded FOR Frank Gore last week at the trade deadline only to have him get injured for the season in his first game on my team. Terrible.

But I quickly went out and signed his replacement, Brian Westbrook, and need help with who to start.

We start two RBs, two WRs, and a flex.

My must starts are Arian Foster, Jamaal Charles, and Calvin Johnson. Guys fighting for a starting spot are Brian Westbrook, Wes Welker, Maurice Morris, and Marques Colston.

So the positions I need help at are flex and 1 WR. I can either go WR at both positions and put Welker and Colston out there. Or I can split it and start either Welker or Colston at WR and put a RB at flex.

What would you do? Thanks!!! Rep to all you that give suggestions.
Old 12-01-2010   #244
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Well as many of you know, I was the fortunate individual that traded FOR Frank Gore last week at the trade deadline only to have him get injured for the season in his first game on my team. Terrible.

But I quickly went out and signed his replacement, Brian Westbrook, and need help with who to start.

We start two RBs, two WRs, and a flex.

My must starts are Arian Foster, Jamaal Charles, and Calvin Johnson. Guys fighting for a starting spot are Brian Westbrook, Wes Welker, Maurice Morris, and Marques Colston.

So the positions I need help at are flex and 1 WR. I can either go WR at both positions and put Welker and Colston out there. Or I can split it and start either Welker or Colston at WR and put a RB at flex.

What would you do? Thanks!!! Rep to all you that give suggestions.
I think you have to look at the match ups.

Morris going against Chicago- not a good option
Colston going against Cinci- Must start
Welker going against the Jets- doesn't feel good
Westbrook going against the Pack- iffy, but could be the type of player that causes GB problems.

I think I would go with Colston and Westbrook...

GL in whatever you decide.
Old 12-02-2010   #245
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
I think you have to look at the match ups.

Morris going against Chicago- not a good option
Colston going against Cinci- Must start
Welker going against the Jets- doesn't feel good
Westbrook going against the Pack- iffy, but could be the type of player that causes GB problems.

I think I would go with Colston and Westbrook...

GL in whatever you decide.
Thanks! That is what I was leaning towards. I still may sit Westbrook and start Welker since Revis will likely be on Branch but can't make up my mind.

What does everyone else think?

And JB, I'd rep you if I could but must spread.
Old 12-02-2010   #246
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks! That is what I was leaning towards. I still may sit Westbrook and start Welker since Revis will likely be on Branch but can't make up my mind.

After thinking about it, Welker is probably a better play than Westbrook.

GB does not give up much to RB's
Old 12-02-2010   #247
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Is this PPR? I would go with Welker, gut instinct.

Non PPR. Should I flex: Jonathan Stewart @ SEA or Brandon Jackson vs. SF

Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010   #248
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Is this PPR? I would go with Welker, gut instinct.

Non PPR. Should I flex: Jonathan Stewart @ SEA or Brandon Jackson vs. SF

The league I am in is not PPR.

For you, I'd lean Jackson but maybe Stewart is finally going to start playing decent ball. He'd look pretty good last week. Tough decision.
Old 12-03-2010   #249
stevn8r
Zombie

Section: 117 Row F 18-19
Rep Power: 196 stevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to stevn8r

10 person
non ppr
fitzgerald vs STL
Woodhead vs JETS (billacek may want to shove cutting him in jets face)
Dez bryant vs Colts
Darren McFadden vs SD
Santana Moss vs NYG

Need to pick 2
Old 12-07-2010   #250
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 49148 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

pick 3
Steve Smith ATL
Brandon Lloyd @ARI
Malcom Floyd KAN
Braylon Edwards MIA
Santonio Holmes MIA
Steve Johnson CLE

Thanks

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010   #251
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 50432 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
pick 3
Steve Smith ATL
Brandon Lloyd @ARI
Malcom Floyd KAN
Braylon Edwards MIA
Santonio Holmes MIA
Steve Johnson CLE

Thanks
Lloyd
Holmes
Johnson
Old 12-08-2010   #252
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 49148 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
Lloyd
Holmes
Johnson
Thanks,

yea I'm thinking Lloyd and Johnson for sure, back and forth on Malcom Floyd and Holmes.

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010   #253
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 50432 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
Thanks,

yea I'm thinking Lloyd and Johnson for sure, back and forth on Malcom Floyd and Holmes.
Floyd is a good receiver and Rivers has been tossing the ball around all season so I couldn't fault going with Floyd. But he's coming back from an injury and he hasn't exactly been lighting it up since he got back. Meanwhile Holmes has 4 TD's in the last 4 games. Holmes is probably the safe bet but sometimes it's best to just go with your gut.
Old 12-08-2010   #254
Ckw

Pick 5 (two RBs, two WRs, and a flex)

Arian Foster
Jamaal Charles
LeGarrette Blount
Brian Westbrook
Anthony Dixon
Calvin Johnson
Wes Welker
Marquise Colston
Michael Crabtree
Brandon Marshall

The obvious starts, IMO, are Foster, Charles, and Megatron. Having trouble selecting my #2 WR and flex.

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-08-2010   #255
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Pick 5 (two RBs, two WRs, and a flex)

Arian Foster
Jamaal Charles
LeGarrette Blount
Brian Westbrook
Anthony Dixon
Calvin Johnson
Wes Welker
Marquise Colston
Michael Crabtree
Brandon Marshall

The obvious starts, IMO, are Foster, Charles, and Megatron. Having trouble selecting my #2 WR and flex.

Thanks in advance!
I would go with those 3, Welker & Colston
Old 12-08-2010   #256
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
I would go with those 3, Welker & Colston
Can't argue with this but I would give serious consideration to Blount @WSH. Sounds like a good problem to have.
Old 12-08-2010   #257
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
Can't argue with this but I would give serious consideration to Blount @WSH. Sounds like a good problem to have.
I read somewhere (PFW maybe? or PFT?) that Blount's role was going to be reduced and he won't be getting the reps.
Old 12-09-2010   #258
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
I read somewhere (PFW maybe? or PFT?) that Blount's role was going to be reduced and he won't be getting the reps.
From Rotoworld

Quote:
According to the St. Petersburg Times' Stephen F. Holder, the Bucs coaches are "puzzled" by LeGarrette Blount's occasional lack of success in short-yardage situations.

Holder writes that problem is not due to an "inability to power through defenders but rather from indecision at the line of scrimmage." Coach Raheem Morris said Earnest Graham might get a look on short-yardage plays. "We may have to look into a different direction in those situations but while we're still working with (Blount) at the same time," Morris said. This could certainly hurt the rookie's scoring upside going forward.
That really doesn't worry me too much, especially the way it's worded.

Here are some different sites thoughts:

http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/blog...fantasy-292810

Quote:
Blount's alma mater, Oregon, is one win away from the National Championship. This week, the rookie rusher could bring his owners one step closer to their own trophy destiny. Similar in style and substance as Christian Okoye Tecmo Super Bowl '91, the bulldozing back totaled only the third 80-plus yard game against the Falcons this season, rushing for 103 yards on 20 carries. Despite the youngster's extraordinary peformance, Raheem Morris was displeased with Blount's execution in critical short-yardage situations. So upset was the head coach, he suggested Earnest Graham(notes) could overtake such duties. When he chooses to remove the clogs and focuses running full-steam downhill, Blount is almost impossible to stop. His combination of size and speed is devastating. Washington will soon know. Over the 'Skins' past eight games, they've conceded five 100-yard rushing games and nine TDs to RBs. Don't worry about Graham's possible expanded role. In a must-win game for Tampa, expect the rhino to spike the competition.

Fearless Forecast: 19 carries, 96 rushing yards, 1 touchdown, 15 fantasy points
http://www.footballdocs.com/fantasy-...start-sit.html

Quote:
LeGarrette Blount, RB, TB - The Redskins looked like a bunch of little kids out there playing against grown men last week. The Giants had their way with the Redskins, and they just pounded the ball on the ground at will. Blount has some very nice power, and he would love nothing more than to help his team bounce back this week against a floundering Washington team. Start Blount in most formats.
http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fan...arrette-blount

Quote:
Blount looking at great matchup: The Redskins run defense has crumbled in the last two games, a perfect opportunity for Tampa Bay RB LeGarrette Blount to have a big game Week 14 in Washington. Washington is coming off a loss to the Giants in which they allowed 103 yards and two touchdowns to Brandon Jacobs on eight carries and 97 yards and two more scores to Admad Bradshaw on 25 touches. The Redskins have allowed the opposing team's running backs to rack up at least 100 yards in five straight games and the Vikings and Giants scored six total touchdowns against them the last two weeks
Old 12-10-2010   #259
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89251 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

J. Stew vs. ATL or Felix Jones vs. the Eagles?
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010   #260
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
J. Stew vs. ATL or Felix Jones vs. the Eagles?
That's a tough one, I would probably go with Jones but neither is particularly attractive this week.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read