Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2010   #1
BMTTEXANSFAN
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 BMTTEXANSFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedBMTTEXANSFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedBMTTEXANSFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedBMTTEXANSFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedBMTTEXANSFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedBMTTEXANSFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedBMTTEXANSFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedBMTTEXANSFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedBMTTEXANSFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedBMTTEXANSFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedBMTTEXANSFAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default PSL question...is it worth it???

I looked around the forum briefly for an answer, but didn't across anything. So my question is:

Is it worth buying a PSL from a current owner for first level/field level seating so I can buy season tickets on that level, which ever seats the PSL's are for, for the 2011 season or is it a possiblity (being on the 2011 waiting list) that one could purchase season tickets on the first level? Does anyone know if season tickets are even available for that level without being a PSL holder?

Thanks in advance for the help all you seasoned veterans!!!!
Old 12-01-2010   #2
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: PSL question...is it worth it???

Season tickets are not available on that level unless you are a PSL owner. If you desire to go to the games and sit close, you should look into buying a PSL. I purchased mine from an individual, I think you can get the best deals that way. Watch the message boards, shop around, see what the going rate is for your section.

My guess is you will find plenty of PSL's for sale. Good luck, only you can decide if it is worth it to you. I have never regretted purchasing mine.
Old 12-01-2010   #3
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: PSL question...is it worth it???

Actually, the best deal would be from the Texans - you avoid the $250 transfer fee and I think market is selling for over face value.

The only problem is I think lower level PSL's RARELY revert back to the Texans.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010   #4
BMTTEXANSFAN
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 BMTTEXANSFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedBMTTEXANSFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedBMTTEXANSFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedBMTTEXANSFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedBMTTEXANSFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedBMTTEXANSFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedBMTTEXANSFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedBMTTEXANSFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedBMTTEXANSFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedBMTTEXANSFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedBMTTEXANSFAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Okay so it looks like I need to keep an eye out for a PSL on the lower level. I had a feeling that was going to be the answer. I better start saving up some CHA-CHING!!!!
Old 12-01-2010   #5
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Keep an eye on the forums, here and at the official board. Sometimes you can find someone willing to sell the seats for the season, but they want to keep the psl. Be patient and keep looking. The right deal will fall into your lap.
Old 12-01-2010   #6
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I found a pretty decent deal on mine on Houston's craigslist, might want to check there too.
Old 12-01-2010   #7
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37218 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

The best time to buy PSL's is from February thru May. That is when everybody is trying to get rid of them before they have to actually pay for tickets that season.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-01-2010   #8
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17947 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

While we are asking questions about PSL's! Will psl owners have to renew contracts and pay money again in 2012 (ten years after the original contract) in lower level.

I forgot who I was talking to and they said prices of psl's were getting cheaper because we were nearing the 10 year aniversary and everyone would have to pay again to renew the psl's. I thought that Club 1 and 2 were the only ones with contracts.

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010   #9
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: PSL question...is it worth it???

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG TORO View Post
While we are asking questions about PSL's! Will psl owners have to renew contracts and pay money again in 2012 (ten years after the original contract) in lower level.

I forgot who I was talking to and they said prices of psl's were getting cheaper because we were nearing the 10 year aniversary and everyone would have to pay again to renew the psl's. I thought that Club 1 and 2 were the only ones with contracts.
I believe (been years since I read the contract) the PSL lasts for the length of the stadium lease as long as you pay every year - and that is 35 years from 2002?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010   #10
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Keep an eye on the forums, here and at the official board. Sometimes you can find someone willing to sell the seats for the season, but they want to keep the psl. Be patient and keep looking. The right deal will fall into your lap.
I am in this boat now. I will be selling a number of my game tickets year.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read