Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 11-19-2010   #1
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Wolf6151 all Offense Mock Draft.

1. Derek Sherrod-OT, the Duane Brown-LT experiment comes to an end, he's good at run blocking but mediocre at best in pass blocking and a LT's main job, and the reason they make more money than anyone else on the O-line, is because of their pass blocking ability to protect the QB's blind side. We can move Brown to LG or to RT, thus improving 2 positions with one pick and O-line is the biggest weakness on the offensive side of the ball.

2. Kristofer O'Dowd-C, Myers is a Kubiak guy and doing a decent job this year but he's still undersized and an upgrade is never a bad thing.

3. John Moffitt-OG, this might require a little luck, he could go at the end of the 2nd or top of the 3rd round but I think the Texans will pick in the 12-14 range so he's a realistic possibility. I really thought that Caldwell would own the RG spot my now, so it's disappointing that he's still rotating with Brisiel. If he doesn't start right away then he's at least a massive upgrade to our depth.

* The O-line is our only major weakness on offense and these guys should be starters by midseason thus upgrading our quality and depth.

4. Terrance Tolliver-WR, I had high hopes for Jacoby Jones this year and he started off well but has since been dropping balls and will be a FA at the end of the year that's not worth a high priced contract. Tolliver has decent speed and is 6'05" and in the mid rounds will be much cheaper than Jones.

5. Clint Boling-OT/OG, I originally had Steve Schilling-OG here but we'll most likely lose Rashad Butler to FA and will need another backup OT. Boling can also play OG and should be a good utility O-lineman improving our depth making Studdard and Brisiel expendable.

6. Andy Dalton-QB, Leinart will be gone at the end of the year and Dan O stinks. Dalton has size and will give us someone to put on the practice squad for insurance.

7. Mario Fannin-RB, over the last couple years we've learned the importance of having a decent RB on the practice squad. Fannin has good size and average speed but he can also catch passes which should work well for screens and outlet plays.

I know it's heavy on the O-line but that's our biggest weakness on offense and we need better quality starters at several positions and better depth. Sorry no CSU players and no TE's.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010   #2
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 18298 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wolf6151 all Offense Mock Draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post

I know it's heavy on the O-line but that's our biggest weakness on offense and we need better quality starters at several positions and better depth. Sorry no CSU players and no TE's.

The offensive line is something this franchise has always put off, which is why we're in the position we're in. Just imagine Schaub and the WRs given a quality offensive line like Philly, now that's insane!

I like for us to get bigger on the offensive line and pick up a taller WR to help us in the red zone in case the running attack fails us.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read