Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-04-2005   #1
ArmyWife82
Rookie

Angry A little late

Well, My husband is Army, but I am originally from Batown, and I am a DEVOTED Texans fan........but with moving and not having cable hooked up yet and other issues, I have missed all of preseason. Noticed I didn't miss much...But what happened to Sharper? I have been real impressed with him and to not see hi mon the roster is kinda sad. Whatever happened to loyality to a team? I am guessing he left for a bigger paycheck?
ArmyWife82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005   #2
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

no, he was released.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005   #3
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Sharper didn't want to negotiate an extension, and based on some comments he's made it doesn't sound like he really wanted to be here anyway.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005   #4
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

the joys of salery caps
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005   #5
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Add to the above comments that he criticized the coaching staff after a loss last year barking about a lack of leadership and desire ....
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005   #6
ArmyWife82
Rookie

Well that is sad.....I really thought he did a good job in the field....too bad he wasnt as nice off....
ArmyWife82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005   #7
touttail
All Pro

Army Wife,
Sharper was my main man too! I had 4 of his jerseys and an autographed ball!

I'm live in Baytown. Best of luck to you and hubby during his military service.

Bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-04-2005   #8
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90635 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

the texans intended to resign sharper as they did with players like davis this year. they wanted to "re-up" his contract before he was due to ensure he would be a long term part of the team...(his contract was done after this season.)

the negotiations stalled so the texans gave sharper the option to "seek a trade" in an effort to let him determine his value in the league.he was not willing to be what the texans considered "reasonable" in his contract demands.

one thing led to another and both sides became increasingly distant until sharper was finally cut.

the long short of it was:

sharper was going to leave the team...did you want to deal with that now or in a year?

and

the texans probably felt greenwood was a better option available this year vs a potential replacement next year.
( a probable determining factor).

some of this is ofcourse speculation on my part ,but its what i gathered from the ordeal.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read