Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 11-23-2010   #1
Ckw

Default Fantasy Football Trade Advice

Well, it looks like the old thread got deleted so here it is again. Shouldn't last long as the deadline in many leagues is tomorrow.

Just got offered Steven Jackson and Matt Schaub for Kyle Orton and Ahmad Bradshaw.

I am worried about Bradshaw. He has been fumbling the ball a lot and isn't going to continue getting goal line carries at the current rate. Philip Rivers is my QB so I can spare Orton.

I'd start:
Rivers
Foster
Jackson
Jamaal Charles
Calvin Johnson
Mike Wallace
Zach Miller
Sebastian Janikowski
Packers D

Thoughts?
Old 11-23-2010   #2
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fantasy Football Trade Advice

Do it!
Old 11-23-2010   #3
Ckw

Ok things have just changed.

Just got proposed Frank Gore, Matt Schaub, and Marques Colston for Ahmad Bradshaw, Kyle Orton, and Mike Wallace.

THIS is tough. I get a pretty big upgrade at RB with Gore as I would have two top 5 RBs with Gore and Foster but I lose a top 10 WR in Wallace. I would still have Calvin Johnson.

Please help!
Old 11-23-2010   #4
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

That does make it more interesting. Do you have any other WR's on your bench that are worth starting? Or maybe some one available on the wire?
Old 11-23-2010   #5
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
That does make it more interesting. Do you have any other WR's on your bench that are worth starting? Or maybe some one available on the wire?
On my bench are Wes Welker, Michael Crabtree, Brandon Marshall, and the waiver wire includes guys like Lance Moore, Lee Evans, Danny Amendola, Nate Burleson, Anthony Armstrong, and Patrick Crayton. Steve Johnson is of course taken as well as any other big names.

FWIW, Colston is just heating up. Brees is getting his mojo back and is targeting Colston more and more. In fact, he is 11th in targets just after AJ.
Old 11-23-2010   #6
Ckw

16 views and only JB has replied? Rep to you, JB.
Old 11-23-2010   #7
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Do the trade!! I am in 1st in all three of my money leagues and would love that trade!!
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-23-2010   #8
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanfan2002114 View Post
Do the trade!! I am in 1st in all three of my money leagues and would love that trade!!
You think Gore is enough of an upgrade to lose Bradshaw and Wallace?
Old 11-23-2010   #9
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
16 views and only JB has replied? Rep to you, JB.
Thanks. Do it! Gore is a big upgrade imo. Schaub can get hot at times if something happens to Rivers. And like you said, Colston is starting to be a bit more productive.
Old 11-23-2010   #10
Ckw

Which would you recommend? Gore, Colston, & Schaub for Bradshaw, Wallace, & Orton or Steven Jackson & Schaub for Bradshaw & Orton?
Old 11-23-2010   #11
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't do it. Always thought Gore was overrated.

Maybe you guys are seeing something that I'm not.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010   #12
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You think Gore is enough of an upgrade to lose Bradshaw and Wallace?
Its funny you ask that question. I was just sitting here thinking about it and I don't. I went and looked at Gore's stats and 4 of his last 6 games are on the road. In his first 4 games on the road he only went over 100 yards once and that was to a crappy carolina team. His 4 games on the road are against AZ, GB, SD and STL. Plus he is now dealing with some foot problems.

Wallace has been on a tear the last three games with 16 rec 362 yrds and 4 td's. With games against Buf, Cin, Car and Cle, I would take Wallace to have nice days against those teams.
Old 11-23-2010   #13
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Which would you recommend? Gore, Colston, & Schaub for Bradshaw, Wallace, & Orton or Steven Jackson & Schaub for Bradshaw & Orton?
Thats the trade I would do.
Old 11-23-2010   #14
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
I would go with the first. I think Gore has better matchups ahead than Jackson, and ditto with Colston over Wallace.
Old 11-23-2010   #15
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

If you can still get Schaub and Jackson, then I'd take that one. I'd stay away from Gore.
Old 11-23-2010   #16
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
I would go with the first. I think Gore has better matchups ahead than Jackson, and ditto with Colston over Wallace.
That is wrong. In the next 4 games Jackson faces DEN, AZ, NO and KC which is #31,28,13,12 in rushing def and give up on average 487 yards per game total or almost 122 per team.

Gore has to face AZ, GB, SEA and SD which is 28,18,13, and #3 in rushing def and a total of 438 yrds per game total or 109 yards per team.

The only reason why I did the next 4 games was because that is what your going to need to get into the playoffs and probably your 1st round.
Old 11-23-2010   #17
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Quote:
I'd stay away from Colston too. He's my WR2 and has been junk-punching me all year. Brees likes to spread the ball around too much.
Old 11-23-2010   #18
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanfan2002114 View Post
That is wrong. In the next 4 games Jackson faces DEN, AZ, NO and KC which is #31,28,13,12 in rushing def and give up on average 487 yards per game total or almost 122 per team.

Gore has to face AZ, GB, SEA and SD which is 28,18,13, and #3 in rushing def and a total of 438 yrds per game total or 109 yards per team.

The only reason why I did the next 4 games was because that is what your going to need to get into the playoffs and probably your 1st round.
He is probably going to make playoffs anyway. And the Gore faces STL & AZ,

Jackson faces SF & Sea.

I would rather have Gore.
Old 11-23-2010   #19
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
He is probably going to make playoffs anyway. And the Gore faces STL & AZ,

Jackson faces SF & Sea.

I would rather have Gore.
StL gives up 101.8 rushing yrds per game only 4 rushing TD's this year where SF gives up 106.8 rushing yrds per game and 6 TD's.

I don't know to many leagues that play their championship week the final week of the season due to players sitting and not playing because their team is already in the playoffs, but I could be wrong.

Just my opinion.

Also he has to give up Wallace to get Gore. Go with the first trade and get Jackson and keep Wallace.
Old 11-23-2010   #20
Ckw

You guys are making this VERY hard.

To the poster with Colston on his team, I know he struggled early on, but Brees has been targeting him a ton as of late.

Jackson has been very disappointing. Still consistently gets at least 10 points a game but is he that much of an upgrade over Bradshaw if an upgrade at all? Tough!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read