Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 11-14-2010   #221
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Weekly Sit/Start Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Should I start Brandon Marshall or Mike Wallace?

Wallace has been very good since Big Ben has been back, but Marshall has the most upside. Marshall could get me 20 or he could get me 3.

Thoughts?
Wallace IMO.
Old 11-14-2010   #222
Ckw

Thanks both of you. I am going to start Wallace along with Calvin Johnson.
Old 11-14-2010   #223
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Jones has been up and down but Hillis has been monstrous the last few games. Going with the "Don't sit your studs" rule.
Good call, I didn't realize he was lighting it up.
Old 11-14-2010   #224
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Is anybody starting Miles Austin today? This is who I'm going with instead in 2 leagues.

AJ
Lloyd
Amendola (pt per 20 return yards, .5 ppr)

Owens
Edwards
Harvin
Old 11-15-2010   #225
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it's safe to say that Mike Wallace and Dez Bryant are, in most instances, must starts from here on out.

I hope their owners started them yesterday.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #226
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
I think it's safe to say that Mike Wallace and Dez Bryant are, in most instances, must starts from here on out.

I started Dez. You along with a couple others suggested the same thing and I was leaning that way. I tried to rep ya, but gotta spread it around first.....
Old 11-15-2010   #227
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post

Thanks to the advice around here, I got the benefit of Wallace's stellar game.

Agreed that he is now a must start.
Old 11-16-2010   #228
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104197 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Sanchez vs. Texans or Rodgers vs. Min?

Also, Crabtree or Felix Jones?
The1ApplePie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010   #229
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 77701 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post

Sanchez if we are assuming the rule of Texans. And I'd start Jones just due to his game being vs the Lions.
Should I sit Mike Williams (@SF) for Randy Moss (vs WAS)? I also have Wayne (@NE) and Holmes (vs HOU) but I figured those guys are locks to start.
Old 11-19-2010   #230
Ckw

Zach Miller who looks like he will play but how well after the injury is the question or Aaron Hernandez? I just can't decide and you guys gave great advice last week.
Old 11-19-2010   #231
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Zach Miller who looks like he will play but how well after the injury is the question or Aaron Hernandez? I just can't decide and you guys gave great advice last week.
I drafted the Krog then realized Aaron would get majority of targets so swapped TE's. But Brady likes to spread it around, like Brees, to the point your player might not even see any targets so dropped him too. go with a simple offense that gives its TE decent looks every week even if they are only average, go after consistancy & avoid hit & miss.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #232
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 77701 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's a question:

Are the Texans bad enough defensively to render Mark Sanchez a good start over Flacco?
Old 11-21-2010   #233
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post

I own Rodgers and never bench him, but that's a tough one. The Texans D just keeps on giving to fantasy owners. The fan in me says start Rodgers, but if you want to hedge your real world with your fantasy world (or vice versa), start Sanchez.

And Felix Jones all the way.
Old 11-21-2010   #234
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Quote:
Miller if he plays. Another guy you could grab off the ww this week is Jimmy Graham. Don't be surprised if he blows up for NO with Shockey out.
Old 11-21-2010   #235
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Here's a question:

Are the Texans bad enough defensively to render Mark Sanchez a good start over Flacco?
Uh hell yeah.
Old 11-21-2010   #236
b0ng
Ooops

Looks like itès time to put in a waiver claim for Rusty Smith lol.
Old 11-24-2010   #237
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Favre @ WAS or Cutler vs PHI? Currently I have Favre starting, as the Eagles D can get after the QB. I think Cutler has a higher boom potential, but Favre vs. the worst D in the league ahead of the Texans is the safe play.

Also Vincent Jackson @ IND or Brandon Marshall @ OAK? Right now I have Jackson starting due to the injury concern on Marshall, and their QB issues. Jackson has one of the best QB's and Gates/Floyd/Crayton all having injury issues.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010   #238
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Favre @ WAS or Cutler vs PHI? Currently I have Favre starting, as the Eagles D can get after the QB. I think Cutler has a higher boom potential, but Favre vs. the worst D in the league ahead of the Texans is the safe play.
Take Favre and hope he doesn't implode.

Quote:
Also Vincent Jackson @ IND or Brandon Marshall @ OAK? Right now I have Jackson starting due to the injury concern on Marshall, and their QB issues. Jackson has one of the best QB's and Gates/Floyd/Crayton all having injury issues.
Jackson seems fine for a start here as Marshall and the Dolphins passing game in general has been a pretty big let down.

My question:

Mark Sanchez vs CIN
or
Joe Flacco vs TB

I'm thinking Sanchez here but it's not by much.
Old 11-25-2010   #239
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Flacco and Sanchez are close, but I'd go with Flacco. He's either thrown multiple TDs or eclipsed 300 yds for the last five weeks and I expect that trend to continue against Tampa.

Or maybe I just hate Mark Sanchez and those ****wad Jets.
Old 11-25-2010   #240
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I drafted the Krog then realized Aaron would get majority of targets so swapped TE's. But Brady likes to spread it around, like Brees, to the point your player might not even see any targets so dropped him too. go with a simple offense that gives its TE decent looks every week even if they are only average, go after consistancy & avoid hit & miss.
Any suggestions of a good TE with a simple offense?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read