Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 11-12-2010   #21
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Half-way There Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I loved the Dickerson pick, but he is not getting the reps. An injured AJ, a lost KW, a tease in JJ and a small DA does not bode well for the position.
Yeah, I hear that. But that is this year, which we can do nothing about. AJ should be healthy next year, which should help KW a lot. Jacoby is looking like a lost cause, I admit that, and DA should not be looked at as more than a 5th receiver. In fact, I would not be surprised to see him gone when his contract runs out.

Still, I am not opposed to grabbing a receiver if the right one falls.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #22
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Dickerson was a beast during pre-season, understudy prot'ege of Andre Johnson & dude can't see the field. disconserting to me, not on Dorin as much as coaching staff unwilling to assume risking his development or lofty team expectations, yeah right

when it comes to adding another WR, I hope they target a player like I already mentioned, Vincent Brown, San Diego St. 6-0 195 who can seperate underneath & be our new "possession" WR replacing both Anderson & Jacoby. If they want to upgrade need & get a true #2 option then probably 3rd rd. they could get Bose State WR Austin Pettis, 6-3 205. both would be viable options to improve receiving corps.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #23
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Austin is being projected into the 2nd round now?

If he is there, I'd easily take him. Position of need and the dude is a physical freak at the position. I don't see him as a guy not giving a damn on the field though...But even if that is the case, I think he is much more active than Mario...He is a big, quick and nimble guy...Would love that pick in that round...Heck, I'd take him in the first...

I like all the other picks, but I would love for us to take Ricky Stanzi somewhere in the mid to late rounds...depending on where he is graded...

I think he could be a good back-up or future starter with the right seasoning....
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #24
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

If he is there, I'd easily take him. Position of need and the dude is a physical freak at the position. I don't see him as a guy not giving a damn on the field though...But even if that is the case, I think he is much more active than Mario...He is a big, quick and nimble guy...Would love that pick in that round...Heck, I'd take him in the first...

I like all the other picks, but I would love for us to take Ricky Stanzi somewhere in the mid to late rounds...depending on where he is graded...

I think he could be a good back-up or future starter with the right seasoning....
What is your evaluation Of Stanzi versus Nathan Enderle and what rounds do you see for each?
Old 11-12-2010   #25
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
What is your evaluation Of Stanzi versus Nathan Enderle and what rounds do you see for each?
Honestly, I think I'd like Enderle more, but I see him going earlier than Stanzi.

I honestly think that after the season and the combine stuff he could possibly be a first or second round pick.

I love his game...He reminds me of a bigger Chase Daniels...I love how he throws balls and gives his receivers a chance to make plays on them...I also love his placement...

I think Stanzi could possibly move up a bit as well, but I don't see him going earlier than the third round....I think it's possible he could be there in the fourth or fifth though...just depends on how things shake out...

I'm not a big draft guru like some of you guys, but I do like to evaluate players...Not sure about my round placement though...just how I see it...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #26
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

Depends who you talk to. In my opinion, he is not worth the risk in the 1st round. He is only even worth a look in the 2nd because the Texans need D help so much.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #27
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

DT's are the most difficult positions to project. This is also a position with some novalty to Texans (lack any history of impact players) they may be more willing now to circumvent pratical ethics & procdure to aquire a physical specimen inside the tackle box. To me at least he passes the eye test but like Haynsworth could be wildly inconsistant. I guess it will all depend how he interviews & works out for teams in private meetings none of which we'll be allowed access to.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #28
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
DT's are the most difficult positions to project. This is also a position with some novalty to Texans (lack any history of impact players) they may be more willing now to circumvent pratical ethics & procdure to aquire a physical specimen inside the tackle box. To me at least he passes the eye test but like Haynsworth could be wildly inconsistant. I guess it will all depend how he interviews & works out for teams in private meetings none of which we'll be allowed access to.
I think Hainesworth is a good comparison.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read