Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2010   #1461
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
When I wake up in the morning, Kubiak and Bush better be gone.
You're setting yourself up for disappointment on Monday morning?
Old 11-15-2010   #1462
Lucky

Rep Power: 218553 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
You're setting yourself up for disappointment on Monday morning?
We're not getting free coffee. Wait...they stopped doing that.
Old 11-15-2010   #1463
c10x
Veteran

Rep Power: 360 c10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
My thoughts on Rex Ryan have absolutely nothing to do with Kubiak.

They barely beat the Browns, they barely beat the Lions, they got shut out by the Packers, and they barely beat the Broncos. They're not world beaters.

Of course, wins are wins. They're 7-2, and we're not.
The Lions are not the same Lions they've been in years past. The D Line is much improved.

The Browns have Rob Ryan as their DC. That defense is the real deal.

The Broncos hung 49 on a team we had to have an amazing 4th quarter comeback against.

Rex Ryan teams, and Rob Ryan teams play very hard, physical, and intimidating football the way its meant to be played. Personally, thats what I want out of a team.
Old 11-15-2010   #1464
c10x
Veteran

Rep Power: 360 c10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You are aware thats not gonna happen right?

Also, we're 4-6. Not 1-7. This season is by no means over.
Old 11-15-2010   #1465
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by c10x View Post

LOL, do you watch this team play? The season is over. And we're 4-5 by the way. And of course he is aware that Kubiak and Smith won't be gone in the morning. Sarcasm meter needed.
Old 11-15-2010   #1466
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by c10x View Post

LOL, how prescient.
Old 11-15-2010   #1467
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1893 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

By the way, I'm not advocating for a mid-season firing (I would say I'm neutral to the idea), but I just thought I'd point out how that is working out for the Cowboys. So for all of you who have thought, said, or posted about how firing a coach halfway means sacrificing the season, stop and think about the Cowboys and Jason Garrett for a second.

edit: and yes, I know it's not the same situation. Yes, I realize Garrett was already part of the staff. etc.
Old 11-15-2010   #1468
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30026 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Why is he the next Panthers coach? That job was enticing to him when his wife was still living (RIP) and his daughters were still living at home. Not to mention the rebuilding process for Carolina. He comes to Houston and we have the talent in place already...we just have a shitty head coach and coordinators. We hire Cowher as the HC and Wade Phillips as the DC. Not sure what OC's are out there that would be good for us.

Like I said, read up on some history. You fail to mention that Bud got all of the renovations he wanted to the Dome just a few years earlier. He then proceeded to get jealous of other new stadiums and wanted to build his own new one. Why would the City of Houston pay to build a new stadium when they just put in millions towards renovations on the current one (that the city is still paying off I believe). How much sense does that make? Yeah.
I didn't mean to jump in on your discussions, but I do find it odd for a 19 yr old to tell someone to read up on something about the oilers,lmao. It was a personal pissing contest to say the least. Sure bud got renovations to a old,dated stadium, but anyone who went to the old dome knew it was crap. Now, bud could've played it different, but Lanier took it personal. The Rockets,then Oilers should've gotten a stadium before the astros, but it happened the other way around. If they had built the stadium they have now, it wouldve saved someone 600m. I can say its neither here or there and there is enough fault on both sides.

Back to the cowher thing, they do have a good chance of getting him and he is the only person worth firing kubiak over at the moment. The team would still have to go through the interviw process, but they have alot of elements he would like. The texans really need to clean up their play to be really good imo. They have yet to have a + to differential sonce coming into the league. If they can get to 0, they would probably make the playoffs every year.
Old 11-15-2010   #1469
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
I didn't mean to jump in on your discussions, but I do find it odd for a 19 yr old to tell someone to read up on something about the oilers,lmao. It was a personal pissing contest to say the least. Sure bud got renovations to a old,dated stadium, but anyone who went to the old dome knew it was crap. Now, bud could've played it different, but Lanier took it personal. The Rockets,then Oilers should've gotten a stadium before the astros, but it happened the other way around. If they had built the stadium they have now, it wouldve saved someone 600m. I can say its neither here or there and there is enough fault on both sides.
What does my age matter? That's always the easy excuse. I've read enough about what happened from members here who remember it and looked up some stuff myself. The Dome sucked, but Bud got all the renovations he wanted just a couple of years before demanding a new stadium. Now what city would build a new stadium after just renovating a old one that they are still paying for today? What kind of sense does that make? And Bud didn't even contact the Rockets about the dual stadium thing.
Old 11-15-2010   #1470
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30026 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What does my age matter? That's always the easy excuse. I've read enough about what happened from members here who remember it and looked up some stuff myself. The Dome sucked, but Bud got all the renovations he wanted just a couple of years before demanding a new stadium. Now what city would build a new stadium after just renovating a old one that they are still paying for today? What kind of sense does that make? And Bud didn't even contact the Rockets about the dual stadium thing.
It does matter because you weren't watching the news and listening the dialogue going back and forth between the mayor and adams. Bud thought about moving to jacksonville and the city re-upped the old ass dome. That was putting a band-aid on a severed leg. After the band-aid wore off, bud started looking again and the mayor took it personal and called his bluff. Tennessee came with a deal,lanier said go to hell, and bud left. If not for the bumbling mess in La, houston sould stil be teamless. Soon as Bud left, the city found money to build the scrub astros a stadium before the rockets. When it was reported les might leave for virginia, the toyota center came about with the help of the harris county stadium thing. Point is, I'm not saying your age doesn't lend to a perspective, but thats like me telling people about how average I thought Dr J was. He was average to me because when I started watching him from 1981 till he retired, he looked average to me. His best days were in the cba and early nba, but for a soon to be 40 yr old, he looked average in those years. So yeah, age does matter somewhat.
Old 11-15-2010   #1471
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
It does matter because you weren't watching the news and listening the dialogue going back and forth between the mayor and adams. Bud thought about moving to jacksonville and the city re-upped the old ass dome. That was putting a band-aid on a severed leg. After the band-aid wore off, bud started looking again and the mayor took it personal and called his bluff. Tennessee came with a deal,lanier said go to hell, and bud left. If not for the bumbling mess in La, houston sould stil be teamless. Soon as Bud left, the city found money to build the scrub astros a stadium before the rockets. When it was reported les might leave for virginia, the toyota center came about with the help of the harris county stadium thing. Point is, I'm not saying your age doesn't lend to a perspective, but thats like me telling people about how average I thought Dr J was. He was average to me because when I started watching him from 1981 till he retired, he looked average to me. His best days were in the cba and early nba, but for a soon to be 40 yr old, he looked average in those years. So yeah, age does matter somewhat.
The money was obviously found because the city didn't want to lose anymore of its teams. And the Toyota Center wasn't built under Lanier's watch (a new basketball arena failed). I see the three teams as different circumstances. From stories from my dad and people on this forum, I won't blame the City of Houston for the Oilers leaving. Just Bud's old greedy self.
Old 11-15-2010   #1472
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The first things I checked are this site and the Chronicle. Nope, they are still with us.

For now.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Old 11-15-2010   #1473
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Quote:
The money was obviously found because the city didn't want to lose anymore of its teams. And the Toyota Center wasn't built under Lanier's watch (a new basketball arena failed). I see the three teams as different circumstances. From stories from my dad and people on this forum, I won't blame the City of Houston for the Oilers leaving. Just Bud's old greedy self.

They formed the harris county sports authority soon after the oilers left.

http://www.houstonsports.org/about/history/

Now maybe if this venture was formed prior to the oilers leaving, then maybe something couldve been done, but it was formed when they were in the process of leaving. I won't de-rail this anymore, but you can read up on it and then go archive some of the houston chronicle during that time.
Old 11-15-2010   #1474
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Don't do it, GuerillaBlack. Gotta keep hope alive!
That's what I've been saying, keep hope alive.
Old 11-15-2010   #1475
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Hope is always alive for the man dying of thirst, until he's actually dead. I really don't think anyone that posts reguarly on this board is actually going to "switch" and all of a sudden be a fan of another team.

We all have hope, it's just for some of us hope is a warm stale beer we've drank one to many times.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Old 11-15-2010   #1476
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Hope is always alive for the man dying of thirst, until he's actually dead.
Hope is a dangerous thing.
Old 11-15-2010   #1477
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1185 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Dear Bob -

Please clean house as shown above.

Thanks,

Drewmar74
Old 09-25-2011   #1478
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I am surprised this bad boy has not been fired up yet.

I dont think he should be axed after this weak, but it was not a well coached game by Kubes.
Old 09-25-2011   #1479
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I am surprised this bad boy has not been fired up yet.

I dont think he should be axed after this weak, but it was not a well coached game by Kubes.
He coached his ass off in the first half.... Payton did not.

Payton won the second half... I don't know what the heck Kubiak was doing in the second half.
Old 09-25-2011   #1480
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He coached his ass off in the first half.... Payton did not.

Payton won the second half... I don't know what the heck Kubiak was doing in the second half.
kubes qb folded in the second half, duh. would you take schaub over brees? thats where the battle was won today
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read