Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2010   #1421
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Fire Everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
I wouldn't call it a pipe dream. He's already said the Houston job interests him...and that was last year.
Yeah, that's like OrlandoPace or Earnest Givens saying they'd like to play in Houston.
Old 11-14-2010   #1422
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I've finally decided that you are related to someone with the Texans. No reasonable, unbiased person would be THIS committed to defending the team's honor.
This is the kind of stuff that's not going to be allowed. The reason it's still up is to serve as an example. Post about the subject matter, the weather, your favorite color...but not other posters.
Old 11-14-2010   #1423
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52329 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
This is the kind of stuff that's not going to be allowed. The reason it's still up is to serve as an example. Post about the subject matter, the weather, your favorite color...but not other posters.
And if I WAS affiliated with Houston in any official capacity, I wouldn't be living in this crappy city/state! I'd be in Texas, where I've wanted to be for a long, long time.

......annnnnnyway, time to go watch my Suns find a way to lose to my most hated franchise in sports.
Old 11-14-2010   #1424
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Yeah, that's like OrlandoPace or Earnest Givens saying they'd like to play in Houston.
Didn't Earnest Givens play in Houston??? I'm sure he'd like to turn back the clock and play just about anywhere.
Old 11-14-2010   #1425
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
I hope Bob McNair hands the reigns of the team to his son Cal. That guy can't be worse can he? McNair is a cheap mofo and I hope he sees that the fans in this town are pissed off beyond belief so that he can open the warchest he has made off the loyal fans in this town and hire a proven winner like Cowher.
I vowed to stop spitting sunshine around here (I'll be at HT.com) but it never bothered me that anyone negatively criticized this team. I'm not blind, I see what's going on.

But I personally don't like taking shots at people we don't know. "McNair is cheap" the evidence points to the contrary. & that's fine, if that is your opinion, but why he got to be a moo?

All the things said about TJ, Greenwood, Babin, Buchannon....

I just don't get it, we don't know these people.
Old 11-14-2010   #1426
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
Really he isn't cheap? Name me the big money free agents, proven NFL wining coaches and front office personnel Bob has hired or signed........

The answer is NONE.
If you have followed the Texans from the beginning, you'd know we spent an enormous amount of money on sone poorly coached FAs, which led to the cap-hell Kubiak inherited.

I don't think we looked good cap wise until 2008.
Old 11-14-2010   #1427
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Why blame Kubiak for everything

Kubiak is a football Coach and has been around the game for a very long time..the Texans owner however has not. I have to believe that the owner is more of the problem than Kubiak is. I could only wish we had a owner like Jerry Jones or Bud Adams because they don't mind trying things to make their teams better. Jerry gave Pacman Jones, Tank Williams and T.O another chance to help make his team better and he didn't care what anyone thought. It might not have worked out but he tried. Now Bud Adams is giving Randy Moss another "bad Character" guy another chance to help make his team better. It might not work out but at least they tried. Everything from Music selection at Reliant stadium to the way they handled the tailgating "problem" is not done right IMO. I hate the music they play at Reliant....I can ignore the Clay Walker country azz songs because its not all about me but lets be a little more versatile. This team is always going to have bad Karma because the Front office appears to be a little uppity and very conservative. I just really had to take time again and look at the teams that win and the teams that always struggle and the thing that stand out the most is not the coaches but the ownership. I don't know that we will ever have the kind of fun in Reliant stadium that they have in Pittsburgh, NE, or even Dallas.
Old 11-14-2010   #1428
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Didn't Earnest Givens play in Houston??? I'm sure he'd like to turn back the clock and play just about anywhere.
Who was the WR that we were trying to get, that eventually went to Tennessee?
Old 11-14-2010   #1429
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why blame Kubiak for everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubecool454 View Post
Kubiak is a football Coach and has been around the game for a very long time..the Texans owner however has not. I have to believe that the owner is more of the problem than Kubiak is. I could only wish we had a owner like Jerry Jones or Bud Adams because they don't mind trying things to make their teams better. Jerry gave Pacman Jones, Tank Williams and T.O another chance to help make his team better and he didn't care what anyone thought. It might not have worked out but he tried. Now Bud Adams is giving Randy Moss another "bad Character" guy another chance to help make his team better. It might now work out but at least they tried.

If Jones or Adams was the owner "your coach Kubiak" would've been fired a long time ago..... and WTF has Kubiak ever done as a head coach? I mean seriously....list the things that he's done which make him worth keeping around... I don't understand the "Kubiak is a football Coach and has been around the game for a very long time" argument. HE HAS ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING.
Old 11-14-2010   #1430
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 937 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Kubiak is a football Coach and has been around the game for a very long time..the Texans owner however has not. I have to believe that the owner is more of the problem than Kubiak is. I could only wish we had a owner like Jerry Jones or Bud Adams because they don't mind trying things to make their teams better. Jerry gave Pacman Jones, Tank Williams and T.O another chance to help make his team better and he didn't care what anyone thought. It might not have worked out but he tried. Now Bud Adams is giving Randy Moss another "bad Character" guy another chance to help make his team better. It might now work out but at least they tried.
One of the worst posts in quite some time. Congrats!
Old 11-14-2010   #1431
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

We are among the "Them"
Old 11-14-2010   #1432
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys really think Kubiak hasn't gone to the owner about picking up certain players. He can't just go get any player...they have to be ok-ed buy his boss.
Old 11-14-2010   #1433
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75474 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Because its all on him.
Old 11-14-2010   #1434
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Because its all on him.
LMAO!!!

Well played Sir, well played.
Old 11-14-2010   #1435
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonhurricane View Post
One of the worst posts in quite some time. Congrats!
Your opinion but it can't be all on the coach....why can't we go out and get better players instead of hoping that guys like jacoby Jones comes around and that Joel Dreessen holds onto it this time and that Okoye will be that badass tackle that we want when he gets old enough? The best thing that could happen to Kubiak is that he gets released and they pay out his contract. Please trade andre johnson too so he can get with a winning team...hate to see him end up like Dan Marino.
Old 11-14-2010   #1436
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I stopped reading your post after you included Bud Adams name of an owner you would want to have.

The guy who left the city of Houston and took the Oilers away!?
How many championships has his organization won over the MANY years!?
Zero.

Bob wants to be a winner and he is trying but he is just a business man that stepped up and brought Houston a team. That does not mean he is going to know how to run an NFL organization but he is not cheap, he is not in it for money, or anything else you want to come up with.
Old 11-14-2010   #1437
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Dear God in Heaven . . .

I think I'll choose to just answer the question in the title . .

"Why blame Kubiak for everything?"

Because it makes us feel better.
Old 11-14-2010   #1438
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Your opinion but it can't be all on the coach....why can't we go out and get better players instead of hoping that guys like jacoby Jones comes around and that Joel Dreessen holds onto it this time and that Okoye will be that badass tackle that we want when he gets old enough? The best thing that could happen to Kubiak is that he gets released and they pay out his contract. Please trade andre johnson too so he can get with a winning team...hate to see him end up like Dan Marino.
Umm, Kubiak is the one whose keeping Okoye out there, and the one who keeps Jacoby and Dreesen around (don't have a problem with Dreesen...he's good depth and a solid player dispite what happened today, don't need to throw the baby out with the bath water and hurt your depth just because a guy had one bad afternoon).

You're right though.....the best thing that could happen is if Kubiak gets released and they pay out his contract and the positives have NOTHING to do with what Stupiak does elsewhere. It'll be a great move, because it'll help THIS TEAM in the long run. I could really care less what Kubiak does elsewhere.
Old 11-14-2010   #1439
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6021 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Don't forget the
Old 11-14-2010   #1440
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post

If Jones or Adams was the owner "your coach Kubiak" would've been fired a long time ago..... and WTF has Kubiak ever done as a head coach? I mean seriously....list the things that he's done which make him worth keeping around... I don't understand the "Kubiak is a football Coach and has been around the game for a very long time" argument. HE HAS ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING.
Kubiak if employed by Bud or Jerry might have had freedom to pursue better "bad" character guys...if there is such a thing.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read