Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2010   #1401
cdollaz
Veteran

Rep Power: 1265 cdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

I personally do not fault McNair for anything at this point. If Kubiak is still here next year, I will start blaming him as part of the problem.
Old 11-14-2010   #1402
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53531 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys really wanna ***** about our coaching staff? The Niners have a so-called disciplinarian as their coach, and they've had 3 TDs AND an interception wiped off b/c of penalties.
Old 11-14-2010   #1403
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
You guys really wanna ***** about our coaching staff? The Niners have a so-called disciplinarian as their coach, and they've had 3 TDs AND an interception wiped off b/c of penalties.
Just because I don't want you to spit on me doesn't mean it's ok to take a dump on me.

Both would be unacceptable.
Old 11-14-2010   #1404
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
McNair hired thse people to run this franchise? Right

Therefore he's responsible for the success/failure of this franchise.

And you're right it's my choice to buy or not buy his product.

The end is near for me if things dont change this season. Or major changes in leadership of this franchise aren't made this offseason. Lockout or no lockout.

Even though it wont matter. There will be a thousand fans waiting to buy my PSL's and season tickets.

Unfortunately Uncle BoB is aware this too.
I hear ya, i guess my thing is i just don't see/think mcnair is chiefly motivated by how much money he's bringing in..dude was a billionaire before all this. I think its at least 45/50 that the guy genuinely cares about this city & its feelings towards football. The fact that it's a cash cow & its making money hand over fist im sure doesn't hurt either though.
Old 11-14-2010   #1405
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So?
Old 11-14-2010   #1406
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You guys really wanna ***** about our coaching staff?
That's what this 70+ page thread is for, right?

Are you gonna be drinkin' da Kool-Aid by yourself, now that TK's done?
Old 11-14-2010   #1407
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If Kubiak ends up fired AND Whisenhunt gets canned, I would love to have him.
Only if Leinart sticks around.
Old 11-14-2010   #1408
c10x
Veteran

Rep Power: 360 c10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Those Ryan guys seem to know a thing or two about defense, at least.
They do.

I think they just get football. I think they get how to relate to players, and they get what it takes to develop a winning and dominating culture.

I remember wanting Rex Ryan before he went to the Jets, then seeing how they turned that team around. I can't help but feeling like I know I want Rob Ryan, and before I know it, someone is gonna get him and if its not us I'm gonna regret it. Unfortunately, how I feel about it doesn't matter... only McNair.
Old 11-14-2010   #1409
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6021 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
That's what this 70+ page thread is for, right?

Are you gonna be drinkin' da Kool-Aid by yourself, now that TK's done?
Whoa. TK is done? I'm going to find the
Old 11-14-2010   #1410
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by c10x View Post
They do.

I think they just get football. I think they get how to relate to players, and they get what it takes to develop a winning and dominating culture.

I remember wanting Rex Ryan before he went to the Jets, then seeing how they turned that team around. I can't help but feeling like I know I want Rob Ryan, and before I know it, someone is gonna get him and if its not us I'm gonna regret it. Unfortunately, how I feel about it doesn't matter... only McNair.
Turned them around? Didn't he take a 9-7 team to ... 9-7?
Old 11-14-2010   #1411
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 172049 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
TO be perfectly honest investing 700 million dollars into a perpetual money machine doesn't mean that you can't then run said money machine pinching every penny possible. I'm not saying he is or isn't cheap. I'm just saying that I keep seeing his purchase of the Texans thrown out as evidence that he isn't cheap and that doesn't prove a thing.

Been trying to get that point across forever.

Must spread the rep.
Old 11-14-2010   #1412
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53531 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
LOL. Seriously, and only got into the playoffs because the Colts and Bengals laid down for them.

Rex Ryan is a pompous, arrogant, blowhard, piece of fat shit. I wouldn't want him to be my coach and teach my players to be chatty, cocky ****s.
Old 11-14-2010   #1413
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Quote:
LOL. Seriously, and only got into the playoffs because the Colts and Bengals laid down for them.

Rex Ryan is a pompous, arrogant, blowhard, piece of fat shit. I wouldn't want him to be my coach and teach my players to be chatty, cocky ****s.
And what's his record now? Hate on him all you want, but at least his team isn't total ass. Plus, it's not like teams laid down for them in the playoffs. They made it to the AFC Championship Game, something we won't sniff with Kubiak as our HC.
Old 11-14-2010   #1414
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
And what's his record now? Hate on him all you want, but at least his team isn't total ass. Plus, it's not like teams laid down for them in the playoffs. They made it to the AFC Championship Game, something we won't sniff with Kubiak as our HC.
My thoughts on Rex Ryan have absolutely nothing to do with Kubiak.

They barely beat the Browns, they barely beat the Lions, they got shut out by the Packers, and they barely beat the Broncos. They're not world beaters.

Of course, wins are wins. They're 7-2, and we're not.
Old 11-14-2010   #1415
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's because Singletary is a clown.

I mean, you do KNOW, don't you, that it's possible for a head coach to be too intense or too disconnected. Somewhere in the middle there's a good head coach who knows how to shift--up or down--according to what the situation demands.

Singletary is climbing a huge mountain in overdrive. Kubiak is climbing the same mountain in reverse. Both guys are jackasses who are gonna' burn up the transmission.

I've finally decided that you are related to someone with the Texans. No reasonable, unbiased person would be THIS committed to defending the team's honor.

I predicted, three weeks in advance, that the Chargers game and Jags game would end up being the two games whereby the outcome reveals the future. I was right. Although I didn't see the game, I read the posts: Schaub allegedly cried postgame, lots of goofy Rosencopter moments lost us the game, etc. etc.

I think this season ended today. Three straight losses. But you go ahead and lecture us, bro. Your horse isn't going to win, place, or show. It's grazing the grass near the edge of the track.
Old 11-14-2010   #1416
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

They barely beat the Browns, they barely beat the Lions, they got shut out by the Packers, and they barely beat the Broncos. They're not world beaters.

Barely winning is awesome.

Know why?

Because it's WINNING.

I want no part of 7-2 if it means we barely beat some of those 7 teams. No, give me 4-5 every day of the week. Barely winning sucks.

Do you see how foolish that sounds?
Old 11-14-2010   #1417
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
That's because Singletary is a clown.

I mean, you do KNOW, don't you, that it's possible for a head coach to be too intense or too disconnected. Somewhere in the middle there's a good head coach who knows how to shift--up or down--according to what the situation demands.

Singletary is climbing a huge mountain in overdrive. Kubiak is climbing the same mountain in reverse. Both guys are jackasses who are gonna' burn up the transmission.

I've finally decided that you are related to someone with the Texans. No reasonable, unbiased person would be THIS committed to defending the team's honor.

I predicted, three weeks in advance, that the Chargers game and Jags game would end up being the two games whereby the outcome reveals the future. I was right. Although I didn't see the game, I read the posts: Schaub allegedly cried postgame, lots of goofy Rosencopter moments lost us the game, etc. etc.

I think this season ended today. Three straight losses. But you go ahead and lecture us, bro. Your horse isn't going to win, place, or show. It's grazing the grass near the edge of the track.
Agreed on the happy medium. Can't be too crazy one way or the other.

And no, I'm not related to anyone on the team. Wish I was. My financial situation would probably be a lot better.

I thought we'd beat the Chargers and Jaguars, and save for a dropped pass by our best player that turned into an interception and a tipped ball off a hail mary that found the offensive player's arms, it might have happened.

Season is done though, most likely. We can easily go on a tear if we wanted to just as easily as we can lose all the games. Such is the life of a Texans fan.
Old 11-14-2010   #1418
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Barely winning is awesome.

Know why?

Because it's WINNING.

I want no part of 7-2 if it means we barely beat some of those 7 teams. No, give me 4-5 every day of the week. Barely winning sucks.

Do you see how foolish that sounds?

You clearly missed the last sentence of my post that this response was made for.
Old 11-14-2010   #1419
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

So, none of that other stuff of "barely" beating those teams matter because they are winning. The Texans are losing.
Old 11-14-2010   #1420
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
So, none of that other stuff of "barely" beating those teams matter because they are winning. The Texans are losing.
Agreed. My point is though, that the Jets are not world-beaters, and are probably the most overrated team in football, so let's not act like Rex Ryan is Christ + 200lb.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read