Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2010   #1361
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29405 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fire Everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Did you even READ what I posted? Look, I'm not saying McNair is a good owner, he's proven otherwise I think. But he isn't cheap. He sank a lot of money into purchasing (bribeing) his way in the fold with the other owners and put some of his own money into the stadium. He isn't ****ing cheap.

He may not be a good owner, but he certainly isn't cheap. If you want to blame a lack of signing free agents, blame Rick Smith and Kubiak for for that, not McNair.
McNair didn't bribe anybody.

LA was awarded the expansion team, but had to come up with nearly a billion dollars. They had a deadline. They scrambled, couldn't come up with the money and blew the deadline. The NFL called McNair and told him he was next up. He basically said, "Is that all?"

And he wrote a check. And we have a team.
Old 11-14-2010   #1362
cdollaz
Veteran

Rep Power: 5456 cdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
Really he isn't cheap? Name me the big money free agents, proven NFL wining coaches and front office personnel Bob has hired or signed........

The answer is NONE.
Ahman Green???? It didn't work out, but it cost him a lot of money.

He doesn't usually overpay, but to say he is cheap is wrong.

His biggest fault may end up being that he is too loyal.
Old 11-14-2010   #1363
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1893 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
But if he is, he is coming to Houston. Bet on it.
Really? When did Cowher tell you this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
LMAO! I know, right?
Old 11-14-2010   #1364
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29405 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonhed View Post
Really? When did Cowher tell you this?
Fair enough. He didn't. I was just assuming based on several things over the last year or so. I still can't get over the fact that, the VERY DAY Kubiak signed his extension, he released a statement saying he wouldn't come back to coaching. And, that was around the same time that John Fox was questionable in Carolina.
Old 11-14-2010   #1365
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kubiak doesn't play to win, he plays to keep it close and have a chance to win...

in the 4th quarter. Hear me out. i first noticed this last year when I compared Kubiak's style a track coach who tells his runners if you get in the lead and start pulling away , slow up until the other guy catches up. In the same way if you get behind run hard until you catch up. I did not realize how far this attitude in buried in Kubiak's pysche. You see it game by game, they don't do anything to lose the game early. We always start slow. Then if we have an opponent we can dominate we come back strong to get close again. It happens too often to be a coincidence.

Kubiak this philosophy MIGHT have been OK at the very beggining when taking over a 2-14 team but not now. I personally don't like this style EVER. If you can bury a team early do it and then you don't have to go to the 4th quarter in what basically is a coin toss. Guess what if you BURY a team early you have a better than coin toss chance of winning.

If the Texans are close to .500 say 4-4 we play this way. Last year at the end of the season we were well below .500 so he needs to change to try and get to .500. Ever wonder why once we got good enough to compete we seem to be right around .500.

Kubiak has said it many times we had a chance to win in the 4th quarter. That is all I ask. The only problem with this is guess what the other team has a chance also. COIN TOSS!!!! I wonder what the odds are in a coin toss.

I would guess the Texans final record will be close. This is still the coaching staffs goal is to keep it close and try to win it in the 4th. With this philosophy this team will be , guess what a .500 team.
Old 11-14-2010   #1366
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Look at the bright side...

In order for Kubiak to be fired, the Texans must continue to lose and lose embarrassingly. Looking at it that way, this game couldn't have gone any better.
Old 11-14-2010   #1367
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
yeah, a guy who sank 700 million into an nfl franchis is cheap.....good luck convincing anyone with that.

Funny & ironic really b/c we're down here complaining about an owner who's hands off yet right up in Dallas in the same state, their fans are complaining about an owner who's too hands on...The reality of it is texans don't know what the hell they want.
I want them to hire an experienced football guy to run this organization.

Yes Uncle BoB invested 700 mil nine years ago. That investment is now worth atleast 1.1 bil. Not a bad return on his $$$$. Off the backs of the GREAT FANS of the HOUSTON TEXANS.

BTW if you're a RELIANT customer you can thank your higher bill to the 300 mill stadium naming rights over 10 yrs that Uncle BoB used to help buy this franchise. With the taxpayers also contributing $$$$. All Uncle BoB had to put up front was operating $$$$ basically. Hence no top tier FA's or top tier executives.

Bottom line is the Great Fans of the Houston Texans deserve better than the consIstently medicore to crappy product that has been put on the field for the last 9 yrs.
Old 11-14-2010   #1368
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Look at the bright side...

Old 11-14-2010   #1369
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 108483 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

The only bright side today is that I'll be watching The Walking Dead soon.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Old 11-14-2010   #1370
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak doesn't play to win, he plays to keep it close and have a chance to win...

Wish we could score 83 points like the Badgers did yesterday then I don't think it would matter how bad our defense is...
Old 11-14-2010   #1371
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak doesn't play to win, he plays to keep it close and have a chance to win...

A perfect season to Kubiak would be .500. Just my observation.
Old 11-14-2010   #1372
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20085 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak, I respect you as a decent human being, but you must go.
Old 11-14-2010   #1373
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249976 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
The only bright side today is that I'll be watching The Walking Dead soon.
Kubiak has another TV show now?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Old 11-14-2010   #1374
qman_tx
Veteran

Rep Power: 79 qman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respected

NO PLAYOFFS, Kubiak will not be here.....
Old 11-14-2010   #1375
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Are you confusing him with Capers?

Capers was open about that being his M.O.
Old 11-14-2010   #1376
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14869 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't see a bright side, honestly I hope the team wins every game from here on out. Whether that keeps Kubiak's job or not, I'd just like to have a playoff team every once in awhile.
Old 11-14-2010   #1377
gafftop
Hall of Fame

I don't think you understand ; Kubiak doesn't want to blow a team out he wants the chance to win it in a coin toss in the 4th. Of course he would like to win all those close games but it doesn't work like that. You win some, Redskins, Chiefs, and you lose some Chargers , Jags. You never win a blow out because you don't want to do that, but you may get blown out because if the other team is better you probably will never win with this philosophy, but you can easily be blown out. Just think about it.
Old 11-14-2010   #1378
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96241 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I want them to hire an experienced football guy to run this organization.

Yes Uncle BoB invested 700 mil nine years ago. That investment is now worth atleast 1.1 bil. Not a bad return on his $$$$. Off the backs of the GREAT FANS of the HOUSTON TEXANS.

BTW if you're a RELIANT customer you can thank your higher bill to the 300 mill stadium naming rights over 10 yrs that Uncle BoB used to help buy this franchise. With the taxpayers also contributing $$$$. All Uncle BoB had to put up front was operating $$$$ basically. Hence no top tier FA's or top tier executives.

Bottom line is the Great Fans of the Houston Texans deserve better than the consIstently medicore to crappy product that has been put on the field for the last 9 yrs.

We already had that remember? it was the Charlie Casserly & Dom Capers era. How'd that work out for us? Again, how exactly is any of this McNair's fault? He's done the the experienced GM & HC & he's done the upcoming GM & HC. What the hell else is the man supposed to do? It's not his job to make open field tackles or so some competency covering a WR.
Old 11-14-2010   #1379
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Default This team plays for a "chance" to win

in the 4th quarter. Hear me out. i first noticed this last year when I compared Kubiak's style to a track coach who tells his runners if you get in the lead and start pulling away , slow up until the other guy catches up. In the same way if you get behind run hard until you catch up. I did not realize how far this attitude in buried in Kubiak's pysche. You see it game by game, they don't do anything to lose the game early. We always start slow. Then if we have an opponent we can dominate we come back strong to get close again. It happens too often to be a coincidence.

Kubiak this philosophy MIGHT have been OK at the very beggining when taking over a 2-14 team but not now. I personally don't like this style EVER. If you can bury a team early do it and then you don't have to go to the 4th quarter in what basically is a coin toss. Guess what if you BURY a team early you have a better than coin toss chance of winning.

If the Texans are close to .500 say 4-4 we play this way. Last year at the end of the season we were well below .500 so he needs to change to try and get to .500. Ever wonder why once we got good enough to compete we seem to be right around .500.

Kubiak has said it many times we had a chance to win in the 4th quarter. That is all I ask. The only problem with this is guess what the other team has a chance also. COIN TOSS!!!! I wonder what the odds are in a coin toss.

I would guess the Texans final record will be close. This is still the coaching staffs goal is to keep it close and try to win it in the 4th. With this philosophy this team will be , guess what a .500 team.

Last edited by gafftop; 11-14-2010 at 05:06 PM.
Old 11-14-2010   #1380
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: if mcnair...

no more thoughts?
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read