Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-31-2005   #1
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 140741 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Armstrong

with all the receiver talk going around, how has armstrong looked this offseason/preseason? he's by far the player i'm most interested in seeing given the chance to break into a starting role.

i'd written out a whole arguement for why i'm pulling for him, but i guess it'd be better to see if there's anything to argue against
Old 08-31-2005   #2
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413120 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

He hasn't practiced or played much because of injury.
Old 08-31-2005   #3
KingRat
Rookie

He's come up big for us, hope he sticks!
Old 08-31-2005   #4
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 140741 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i havent heard anything about an injury other than he was injured ... any details you can give me on the specifics & severity?
Old 08-31-2005   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he sticks because of what he has provided in the past but if one of these young guys start really show something he could be on the bubble just because we haven't seen much of him this offseason.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005   #6
TexHorns
Veteran

personally I hate seeing balls dropped. Ive seen some good catches and bad drops the last two years. I think that we need to be more reliable in that area so to have Armstrong, IMO, will be a great asset to our team. we need at least one wr that can make those flying acrobatic catches.
TexHorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005   #7
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

armstrong has great hands.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-01-2005   #8
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree Armstrong has very good hands but he has been hurt (shoulder) for the majority of training camp and pre-season . He has 1 catch for 8 yards . With the play from some of the other recievers there will be some difficult decisions to be made on the last cuts .
If he is healthy I'd like to see him and Sloan Thomas both see extended time VS Tampa Bay as it will likely come down to the two of them for the final reciever spot if the Texans keep 6 WR's . A.J. , Bradford (although i wish they would cut him ) Gaffeny , Mathis and Swinton are probably the top 5 and i just cant see Capers keeping 7 recievers .... although it would be nice if both make the final roster .
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005   #9
Diehardtexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion
I agree Armstrong has very good hands but he has been hurt (shoulder) for the majority of training camp and pre-season . He has 1 catch for 8 yards . With the play from some of the other recievers there will be some difficult decisions to be made on the last cuts .
If he is healthy I'd like to see him and Sloan Thomas both see extended time VS Tampa Bay as it will likely come down to the two of them for the final reciever spot if the Texans keep 6 WR's . A.J. , Bradford (although i wish they would cut him ) Gaffeny , Mathis and Swinton are probably the top 5 and i just cant see Capers keeping 7 recievers .... although it would be nice if both make the final roster .
One will go the practice squad.
Diehardtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005   #10
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehardtexan
One will go the practice squad.
IF he clears wavers ..... which in this case is a pretty big gamble .
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005   #11
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

IMO he will not clear, I say send Hollings to practice squad & keep 7 WR. We have enough backs & in case of injury, Wells can switch back. I understand a tight end has been tried at full back too. I really like our receivers. Hated to see Starling go.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005   #12
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meloy
I say send Hollings to practice squad
Sorry but he's not eligible for the Practice Squad.
Exascor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005   #13
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413120 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Any player who has been on an active roster for 9 or more games is not eligible for the practice squad. So Armstrong and Hollings are not eligible. Starling is with just 8 active games as is Sloan Thomas.
Old 09-02-2005   #14
Rwilco
Rookie

Any chance Armstrong could clear waivers? We want him back in Regina!
Rwilco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005   #15
TexHorns
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meloy
IMO he will not clear, I say send Hollings to practice squad & keep 7 WR. We have enough backs & in case of injury, Wells can switch back. I understand a tight end has been tried at full back too. I really like our receivers. Hated to see Starling go.
You got to be kidding! If Hollings isn't cut then the guys in office have some major mental issues.
TexHorns is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read