Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 11-12-2010   #201
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man
Default Re: Weekly Sit/Start Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man View Post
Since this week is basically over; question for next week.

Who should I start:
Schaub vs. Jacksonville or Matt Ryan vs. Baltimore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
Schaub. Jacksonville's secondary is horrible and I expect our passing offense to rebound this week. Additionally, Arian Foster has proven himself to be a stud in every facet of the game. He could easily turn a short screen into a long TD.

Looks like Schaub has his work cut out for him now, since Ryan decided to make the Raven's pass defense look like our pass defense.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #202
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I started Ryan with Rivers on a bye, I was worried about this game agains the Ravens, man was I pleasantly suprised by that performance.
Old 11-12-2010   #203
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 46441 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Should I trade away my depth at RB to get back what I lost in Boldin?

One of the guys in my league is super rich at WR (Nicks, AJ, Lloyd, Tampa Mike, R. Moss) and hurting at RB. His team has done well but is fighting it out for a playoff spot with three other teams.

Should I try and trade away my RB depth in Hillis for one of those guys? Fwiw I have both Foster and CJ3 handcuffed with Ward and Ringer.
I would, I have faith in both your handcuffs to be reliable fantasy starters should the need arise. Make sure you get a good WR if you give up Hillis though.
Old 11-12-2010   #204
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
I would, I have faith in both your handcuffs to be reliable fantasy starters should the need arise. Make sure you get a good WR if you give up Hillis though.
He's offered me AJ for Hillis straight up. That would give me some studly receivers but I will lose crucial depth at rb and the ability to play the matchups.

Stick with some combination of Floyd or Evans at WR3, or pull the trigger and get AJ?
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #205
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 46441 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He's offered me AJ for Hillis straight up. That would give me some studly receivers but I will lose crucial depth at rb and the ability to play the matchups.

Stick with some combination of Floyd or Evans at WR3, or pull the trigger and get AJ?
As much as I hate trading away a stud RB, I think this would give you the best chance to win your league. It's definitely a risky move though, good luck!
Old 11-12-2010   #206
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 15877 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected
Question Re: Weekly Sit/Start Discussion Thread

IDK if this has been asked yet so, with QB Rivers on a bye week, should I start Garrad against the Texans?
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #207
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
IDK if this has been asked yet so, with QB Rivers on a bye week, should I start Garrad against the Texans?
I've got Garrard starting for Rivers in 2 of my 3 leagues. As much as I hate to say it, I think he is going to shred our secondary pretty good.
Old 11-12-2010   #208
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
As much as I hate trading away a stud RB, I think this would give you the best chance to win your league. It's definitely a risky move though, good luck!
Took the deal, but tweaked it a bit. He gave me AJ + Beanie Wells and I gave him Hillis + Lee Evans. I felt great about it because it gave me some minimum depth at RB and a proven stud receiver.

Of course, I took the deal about an hour before I heard the latest news from Minnesota. Percy Harvin unexpectedly is now doubtful for Sunday! Fuuuuudge.

With the loss of Evans, I now have no other option at receiver due to Floyd and Jacoby Ford being on bye. I've jumped out to a big lead on my opponent thanks to Roddy White killing it for me and Michael Turner sucking for him, but he has some solid matchups remaining....namely, Garrard, Mike Thomas, and Lewis against our cheesecloth defense. And to make matters worse, I am starting Favre for Rodgers. Favre without Harvin or Rice? Ruh roh.
Old 11-12-2010   #209
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan4ever View Post
idk if this has been asked yet so, with qb rivers on a bye week, should i start garrad against the texans?
I cannot imagine a better WW option exists. Garrard is a must start.
Old 11-14-2010   #210
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Dez Bryant or Lee Evans?
Old 11-14-2010   #211
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Dez Bryant or Lee Evans?
Dez. Lee Evans is a feast/famine player. The Giants should destroy the Cowboys but Kitna will find Dez and throw him the ball.
Old 11-14-2010   #212
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Dez. Lee Evans is a feast/famine player. The Giants should destroy the Cowboys but Kitna will find Dez and throw him the ball.
Dez is kinda boom or bust as well but is starting to produce consistently. I worry about that Giants D pass rush bothering Kitna back there, that's the only reason it's not a no-brainer to me.
Old 11-14-2010   #213
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Right now I've got Moreno and Hillis starting over Best and T. Jones (KC). Keep it that way?

Also, I have Holmes, M. Williams (TB, and has been studly lately), and Wayne starting but I have this Randy Moss guy lurking in the shadows. Keep it?
Old 11-14-2010   #214
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Right now I've got Moreno and Hillis starting over Best and T. Jones (KC). Keep it that way?

Also, I have Holmes, M. Williams (TB, and has been studly lately), and Wayne starting but I have this Randy Moss guy lurking in the shadows. Keep it?
If you put Moss in I would only do it over Holmes, keep the other two fo sho. I'd probably keep the RB's the way you have them, without knowing their matchups. Who are they playing?
Old 11-14-2010   #215
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If you put Moss in I would only do it over Holmes, keep the other two fo sho. I'd probably keep the RB's the way you have them, without knowing their matchups. Who are they playing?
Hillis vs NYJ
Moreno vs KC
Best vs BUF
Jones vs DEN

I think I'll wait on Moss for a week to see what he does.
Old 11-14-2010   #216
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Hillis vs NYJ
Moreno vs KC
Best vs BUF
Jones vs DEN

I'd go Moreno, and then Hillis/Jones is a toss up. I am just not sure how they have been performing though, I have been kind of laser focus on my team only.
Old 11-14-2010   #217
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
I'd go Moreno, and then Hillis/Jones is a toss up. I am just not sure how they have been performing though, I have been kind of laser focus on my team only.
Jones has been up and down but Hillis has been monstrous the last few games. Going with the "Don't sit your studs" rule.
Old 11-14-2010   #218
Ckw

Should I start Brandon Marshall or Mike Wallace?

Wallace has been very good since Big Ben has been back, but Marshall has the most upside. Marshall could get me 20 or he could get me 3.

Thoughts?
Old 11-14-2010   #219
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Should I start Brandon Marshall or Mike Wallace?

Wallace has been very good since Big Ben has been back, but Marshall has the most upside. Marshall could get me 20 or he could get me 3.

Thoughts?
Pennington tightened up the Silly Bandz in his shoulder and is making the start today. I'd probably stick with Wallace since I doubt the pats are going to harry Big Ben as much as the Titans are going to terrorize Penningtonstein.
Old 11-14-2010   #220
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Hillis vs NYJ
Moreno vs KC
Best vs BUF
Jones vs DEN

I would have a hard time benching Hillis, even against the Jets.

Denver and Buffalo rank 31 and 32 against the run respectively so there is a lot of upside there. I also have a feeling Moreno gets it done today (hopefully). Lots of good options for you, I would probably go with Jones and Hillis.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read