Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2010   #1301
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72917 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
These players ought to be playin' for FREE, I tell ya', by the good graces of this great man to spend his precious time coaching them, it is without excuses or reason why they simply don't live up to this coaching genius and giant among .500 head coaches.

The pretzel logic being displayed for a 35-37 coach is admirable, but ultimately myopic (in the nicest sense of myopia, of course).

I don't know how much validity Jason La Canfora has on NFL Network, but his update about the Texans last night was interesting, if for nothing else than the continuous hum of one chin as it pertains to our football team. He said that McNair gave Kubiak the "vote of confidence", but his fate would be determined by making the playoffs or not. And he specifically mentioned that Cowher is interested in the Houston HC position. Where there's smoke? Btw, has Wade Phillips of the 3-4 D ever worked with Cowher? It's too much to ask, but you know what...I'm in the asking mood right now...
Hey you get me HC Cowher and DC Phillips and I will renew right now!
Old 11-11-2010   #1302
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I don't know how much validity Jason La Canfora has on NFL Network, but his update about the Texans last night was interesting, if for nothing else than the continuous hum of one chin as it pertains to our football team. He said that McNair gave Kubiak the "vote of confidence", but his fate would be determined by making the playoffs or not. And he specifically mentioned that Cowher is interested in the Houston HC position. Where there's smoke? Btw, has Wade Phillips of the 3-4 D ever worked with Cowher? It's too much to ask, but you know what...I'm in the asking mood right now...
Even though I personally think that Cowher is over-hyped around these parts about his coaching ability (And the fact that he's been out of coaching for 4 years now) I wouldn't mind seeing him paired with Wade Phillips as a DC for this team.
Old 11-11-2010   #1303
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 313912 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Shoot, I'll start picking up cans off the street to recycle for cash to buy that ticket!
Old 11-11-2010   #1304
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I'd be walkin around chubbed up until next season began
Old 11-11-2010   #1305
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 239970 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Cowboys

Giants

Colts

Chargers

Are we saying it is completely inexcuseable to have lost any of those games?

Is it one game in particular that you think we shouldn't have lost?
I am. Well, to be specific, the way they lost. Losing to the Cowboys is flat inexcusable. Sorry, that's just the way it is. They didn't show up at all for the Giants game, which is inexcusable. They had the Colts figured out and they brain-farted the game away.

The Chargers game I'm not too down on, except for the fact that they only showed up for half a game (again). If the Texans had lost to the Colts or Giants like that, then I'd probably still be in wait and see mode. But I've waited, and I've seen.

Since we're on the subject, the wins against WAS and KC leave a lot to be desired as well. When you only show up to play half a game, you should be damn thankful for beating a team that showed up to play a full game.

And how can people ***** about Mario Williams not fulfilling his potential, when we all see what the offense is capable of, but only for about half a game each week?
Old 11-11-2010   #1306
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
You would prefer Matt Millen?
What does this topic have to do with Millen?

But if you want to go there I want Belichik

They both have about the same relevance to this topic.

Neither one of them are going to be working for the Texans.
Old 11-11-2010   #1307
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
"Yes.. In the Colts game .Gary Kubiak told Matt to throw pic six and fumble the ball in the red zone. He shouldnt have called those plays...if he would have been a better coach he would have told Matt that interceptions were bad and to have them returned for TDs really bad.

The Chargers loss was due to the fact Kubiak didnt tell Arian to watch the Calvin Johnson highlights from week one otherwise he would have known to not let ball hit ground. Jacoby should have known that the ball is supposed to be caught in the endzone..I mean cmon you got to coach that up. Andre is so great... Andre is so great..oooops....Andre you dont want to kick the ball with your knee..hey dont they have drills for that? Kubiak should have known his best player wouldnt catch the ball. His qb should never try to get the ball to his best player."

Thank you -Captain Hindsight
I know right. Kubiak should have known that the Colts sucked against the run when they first played the Texans in Week 1 and were going to for sure stop it on MNF. We must pass it there. So what if Arian Foster is still gaining seven yards a carry on them (in the first half, mind you), we have to still pass.
Old 11-11-2010   #1308
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Cowboys

Giants

Colts

Chargers

Are we saying it is completely inexcuseable to have lost any of those games?

Is it one game in particular that you think we shouldn't have lost?
Absolutely. The loss to Dallas was inexcusable. The Texans weren't even in town for that game much less on the field. Classic example of Gary's team coming out flat and unfocused following a big win. Happens all the time (to us).

The Giants loss was more about effort and overall piss-poor play than the "L" that results. New York has two very good teams and to lose a game to either of them is understandable. To not bother to show up against them in your own stadium is shameful.

We know how to beat the Colts and we demonstrated that "the plan" worked. Then we threw it out the window and hit them with some sneaky Gary-ball and lost anyway. Still, Colts at home is tough and you're not going to win them all so I can accept this.

San Diego? We gave that game away.

This team should be 6-2 right now and on top of the division. If Gary was head coach material he'd have them there.
Old 11-11-2010   #1309
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80044 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post

Thank you -Captain Hindsight
Time to call in these guys:

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
Old 11-12-2010   #1310
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

ok. You win. Don't wanna watch this shit anymore. U get my avatar soapers. Fire Kubiak

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
Old 11-12-2010   #1311
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I'd be walkin around chubbed up until next season began
You should see a doctor if that happens.
Old 11-12-2010   #1312
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88375 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Thought this was relevant from The Sports Guy.

The Unemployment Line (-3.5) over GARY KUBIAK
Houston plays five of its next seven on the road: at Jacksonville, at the Jets, home for Tennessee, at Philly, home for Baltimore, at Tennessee, at Denver. Brutal stretch. Do you think Bill Cowher will coach the 2011 Texans and Jon Gruden will coach the 2011 Cowboys, or vice versa? Should they flip a coin before the Super Bowl to choose?

LINK
Old 11-12-2010   #1313
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 239970 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
ok. You win. Don't wanna watch this shit anymore. U get my avatar soapers. Fire Kubiak
*golf clap*
Old 11-14-2010   #1314
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Time to move on from Kubiak

He freakin sucks.
Old 11-14-2010   #1315
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 61599 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Time to move on from Kubiak

Time to merge thread
Old 11-14-2010   #1316
eriadoc
Texan-American

Maybe he has a contract incentive where he gets extra cash for every leftover timeout at the end of the season. He's saving the timeouts for later.
Old 11-14-2010   #1317
gwallaia

Rep Power: 69621 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

We have a poorly coached, uninspiring and underachieving team. I can see no scenario where Kubiak remains the head coach.

At the very least, I expect a written personal apology from Bob MccNair for all the money I spend for season tickets on this group of players and coaches who obviously do not care about winning games.

We are among the "Them"
Old 11-14-2010   #1318
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default if mcnair...

if mcnair fires kubiak during the season is there anyone on the staff to give the job to?
Old 11-14-2010   #1319
eriadoc
Texan-American

Default Re: if mcnair...

Nope. Everyone on staff has been hand-picked by Kubiak. But the way things have been going, he'd probably promote Frank Bush.
Old 11-14-2010   #1320
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: if mcnair...

Mmmm, Chick Harris?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read