Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-08-2010   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans random thought of the day

I figured why not.. ..

my good thought.... Foster is a freaking beast. I have no idea how he has that good of vision and able to make so many people miss in that split second.

my frustrated thought

I have seen comments about Rex Ryan and how his mentality (good or bad) has infected the team and how they play

and looking at SheTexan's thread

my random thought (and I am NOT saying Kubiak needs to be like Ryan) is here are the Jets and they are going to fine Sanchez (in practice) every time he has bad body language

and I see a picture and read an article where it is from the top of the chain to the bottom...everyone is saying "it is my fault"
.. just seems like Texans have come to expect have bad things happen to them and it does.. I like the jets approach on what they are doing.

I want to see some freaking fire on the TV on sunday .. Green Bay was pumped up last night.. I hardly see the Texans get pumped up but for just a few times. (and not a D-rob pump up thing where they forget that the next play is coming)
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans random thought of the day

Have the Texans ever spread everything out wide when it is 4th and 1 or something close to that?

All I can remember is that we seem to just bunch into the "jumbo lite" formation and get stuffed on short yardage.
Old 11-13-2010   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

was googling around and even though I don't agree with it totally .. I thought it was funny
(from 2006)
Old 11-13-2010   #4
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Sometimes bird poo tastes like candy.
--Texans Defense
Old 11-13-2010   #5
JPPT1974
List is Life

Rep Power: 864 JPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't even want to know what bird boo tastes like! Yuck!
Old 11-13-2010   #6
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPPT1974 View Post
Don't even want to know what bird boo tastes like! Yuck!
Like shit. C'mon now... it's poo but some-times... just some-times you get a sweet nougaty center.
Old 11-13-2010   #7
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Like shit. C'mon now... it's poo but some-times... just some-times you get a sweet nougaty center.

must spread rep...
Old 11-13-2010   #8
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 119538 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sometimes I actually wonder what it would be like to be a fan of a team like New England or Pittsburgh.

It was a thought, and random.
Old 11-13-2010   #9
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2511 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

As good as Schaub can be he doesnt make me feel confident when we need a big drive from him.

When watching a Manning or Brady you think "They're going to score."

With Schaub i never get that feeling.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010   #10
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Sometimes I actually wonder what it would be like to be a fan of a team like New England or Pittsburgh.

It was a thought, and random.
being a young whippersnapper, you don't remember when New England & even Pittsburgh were some of the worst team in the league, but it goes in cycles my friend.

remember not that long ago the Ram's were the best team in football.

Not that long ago that Buffalo went to 4 straight Super Bowls
Old 11-13-2010   #11
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 119538 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
being a young whippersnapper, you don't remember when New England & even Pittsburgh were some of the worst team in the league, but it goes in cycles my friend.

remember not that long ago the Ram's were the best team in football.

Not that long ago that Buffalo went to 4 straight Super Bowls
But....but.....I do!! I'll give proof. Pittsburgh in the ealier days were known as a team you would beat, but would beat you up in the process. Mean bastards who couldn't win a game in a nutshell.

New England, IIRC they sucked. Even in '78 they didn't seem legit, Houston whipped them in the first round. Actually they seemed the same in '85 (or '86 vs Chicago). We who know Pittsburgh and even Dallas and New England were losers means we also know Aerosmith before the drug years.. WHEW!

All I mean to say is I'm of age....lol. You are right, it comes in cycles.
Old 11-13-2010   #12
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Ok. Have another drink and enjoy tonite. We can be miserable tomorrow
Old 11-13-2010   #13
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Ok. Have another drink and enjoy tonite. We can be miserable tomorrow
You are the man, JB. I will finish with my chicken fried steak, then I'm out.
Old 11-13-2010   #14
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
You are the man, JB. I will finish with my chicken fried steak, then I'm out.

Have a good one man! Send me some of that CFS!
Old 11-13-2010   #15
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Have the Texans ever spread everything out wide when it is 4th and 1 or something close to that?

All I can remember is that we seem to just bunch into the "jumbo lite" formation and get stuffed on short yardage.
Sounds just like the Red Zone.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010   #16
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Guys, it could always be worse. We could be like the Cowboys this week. At the beginning of the week, they were a 10 point dog against the Giants. Today they are 15 point dogs.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010   #17
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Guys, it could always be worse. We could be like the Cowboys this week. At the beginning of the week, they were a 10 point dog against the Giants. Today they are 15 point dogs.
I'm sure that some figure the Cowboys are better than the Texans 'cause they fired their coach midway thru the season so at least they recognize the problem...
Old 11-14-2010   #18
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 28657 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

My thought for the day...

We're less confident of a win at .500, than in before with a losing record.

Come on H-Town!
Old 11-14-2010   #19
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Not a thought but I cool experience was running into Connor Barwin tonight at a bar.
Old 11-14-2010   #20
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2317 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

What can be starts with believing...it starts now Texans.

drink up the koolaid....I call it liquid faith.

Im using this in every thread today...,I believe it I feel it.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read