Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2010   #1201
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I think a lot of us think one of the biggest problems with this team is the Jekyll and Hyde act. Which team will show up? The one that smoked Indy, or the one that layed down after the Giants punched them in the face? Thats the exact opposite of consistency, and keeping a team consistent is what the HC is supposed to do. I am not talking about playing well and coming out flat for the occasional game. This team has been playing up and down for years.
The only difference between the Wk1 Colts game & the Giants game, is that we were able to run the ball on the Colts, not so much on the Giants. The passing game has been consistently poor all year long. The passing game showed up late in the Skins game, late in the KC game. I think it showed up 2nd Qtr or so against San Diego..... other than that, it ain't been there. Consistently.
Old 11-08-2010   #1202
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Which "soapers" are calling for Kubiak to be fired now? I believe most people want him fired after the season if things continue to spiral downward. Which is expected considering our schedule and how we've been playing.

Personally, I don't think he'll be fired either way due to his recent extension. There might be a few heads roll, but I doubt it's his.
Right... you're right. The soapers are saying it won't get any better over the next 8 games.

I & I think the other sunshiners are saying it should. We still think this is a good team, don't know why we're in a shambles... but we've believe we'll get out of this funk soon.... we think soon, because we're running out of time.
Old 11-08-2010   #1203
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Right... you're right. The soapers are saying it won't get any better over the next 8 games.

I & I think the other sunshiners are saying it should. We still think this is a good team, don't know why we're in a shambles... but we've believe we'll get out of this funk soon.... we think soon, because we're running out of time.
2-0 start

2-4 since

8 teams capable of SMASHING the Texans left on the schedule

Coaching is holding this team back, and it deserves a better option
at head coach.
Old 11-08-2010   #1204
MeLoveTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 1781 MeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
2-0 start

2-4 since

at head coach.
Correction 6 teams. we play 2 twice
Old 11-08-2010   #1205
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Later today, we will work on the tape studay, video, etc... But, for now, I simply had to resolve the state of my relationship with one of my all-time favorite coaches. Here you go:

Divorce is sad, depressing, and sometimes unavoidable. I argue with Barrett all the time about commitment. I happen to believe that, committment, in itself is a moral good. Committing to things and people despite the difficulty they present builds character and honors life, I believe. Many sports fans see their fandom as an escape from reality. I do not. Certainly, I see it as entertainment. However, I am very passionate about football, in particular, and I look for symmetry between football and life. I love it when a player, team, a play, or a season tells me something about life. For instance, I love it when effort is rewarded. Or, when sacrifice pays dividend, I am moved. I even revel in the immense disappointment tied to a season of almost. All of that speaks to the human condition and to the things I grapple with in my life. I have enjoyed the humanity displayed by Gary Kubiak. I have rooted for him, believed in him in the difficult moments, and suffered through the disappointments, not afraid to hope again the next week and the next season, risking further crushing disappointment.

Well, half way through our fifth season together, I am afraid I must acknowledge it is time to part ways. There are simply too many irreconcilable differences. I just can’t do this anymore. We are at a point now that our splitting is no longer an “if”, it is a “when”. The longer this relationship lingers on, the more pain and anguish all parties will suffer as a result. I wish Gary well… I really do. I will always root for him.

READ THE REST HERE
I can't believe what I just read. Dale ole buddy has finally seen enough. Man, I didn't think it was possible. That's when you know things are bad when even Dale finally throws in the towel.
Old 11-08-2010   #1206
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't think it's going to get better, but I hate to judge the....coachiot too soon.

I'm a half-bar of soap.

Old 11-08-2010   #1207
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I can't believe what I just read. Dale ole buddy has finally seen enough. Man, I didn't think it was possible. That's when you know things are bad when even Dale finally throws in the towel.
Tell me about it.
Old 11-08-2010   #1208
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I & I think the other sunshiners are saying...
The Sunshine Club has dwindled to a small group. Quite possibly, you & you.

P.S. And Marcus.

P.P.S. Maybe.
Old 11-08-2010   #1209
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post

P.S. And Marcus.

P.P.S. Maybe.
You used a PowerPoint Slideshow for that?

Old 11-08-2010   #1210
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I think my frustration pendulum is swung over where it is starting to be funny. t I couldn't help but laugh

I had a mental image of the bolder part

Quote:
Along the way, someone will get hurt and he'll be replaced on the roster with the next anonymous, nondescript, shitty player with ties to the Denver Broncos or Purdue University. The Texans will head into their final two games needing one win to get to .500 or go 9-7 and miss the playoffs, and they'll finish out at home with a win against Jacksonville.

Why?Because Kubiak is 4-0 in meaningless season finales as Texans head coach. It's been enough to keep him employed, but last I checked the fans don't pay big money for a post-game ceremony of Kubiak raising his W-2 over his head like the Lombardi Trophy.

No one is getting any satisfaction. Texans fans have never been able to feel good about this team for more than a week or two at a time. It has to stop. No more post-game press conferences of "It's on me. We gotta go fix it. We gotta get that corrected." It's time for Bob McNair to have a press conference where he talks about fixing things, and then goes and fixes them.

McNair doesn't need any film, he just needs a game program. Propaganda doesn't cover up the numbers. The Texans are 4-4; Gary Kubiak is 35-37. It's not going to change, because Kubiak won't change. He's a .500 coach. The Texans are a .500 franchise.

That shouldn't be good enough. It can't be good enough.

So yeah, the Texans played the Chargers yesterday. They lost. Big deal. See you at 8-8.

Quote:
Every home game Sunday, the Houston Texans put out a free publication called the Tailgate Times that gets handed to ticket holders and media members as they pull into their respective Reliant Stadium parking lots. It's essentially a four-page piece of upbeat Texans propaganda, a printed trailer if you will to the main-feature myopia of the game program.

Perhaps the headline (right next to a picture of tight end Owen Daniels in a three-point stance) of yesterday's Tailgate Times should have told us everything we needed to know about how Sunday was going to go:

"Owen Daniels Back better than ever"

About 45 minutes later, in the press box, we were handed the list of inactive players for the game yesterday afternoon. Chief among them on the Texans side of the page:

"81 TE Owen Daniels"

Back. Better than ever. And inactive. It was all downhill from there.

it is not funny but it is at this moment to me

Quote:
The view the Texans' secondary had all day
http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairba...ton_texans.php
Old 11-08-2010   #1211
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

P.S. And Marcus.

P.P.S. Maybe.

Well, our blog is split: I'm writing about divorcing Kubiak while Barrett wrote a story about things "looking up". He's delirious, though.
Old 11-08-2010   #1212
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
2-0 start

2-4 since

at head coach.
I'm just not seeing that. JJ in the endzone.... didn't make a catch that was a gift to him.

Arian Foster's touchdown gets called back....

If those plays stand, we win the game. We had a lead going into the 4th Qtr, & bad luck struck.

I wouldn't blame the coaches any more than I'm blaming the players, that's just the way that goes.

Colts..... there is no guarantee that running the ball more would have been a win, check their game against the Dolphins last year. 45 minutes to 15, Miami still lost.

Philadelphia beat the Colts only handing the ball off to McCoy 16 times. I know it's different with Vick, but it's not like they threw in 10 designed runs for him. Vick ain't Schaub, but the Eagles went in thinking they can beat the Colts, dropping Vick back to throw the ball.

Is Andy Reid not a viable head coach?

This team has been in position to win, they haven't capitalized (executed) yeah, the coach has something to do with that as well.... but not so much that it is holding us back.
Old 11-08-2010   #1213
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:

P.S. And Marcus.

P.P.S. Maybe.
It does feel awful lonely here.

But that usually happens when it gets close to Xmas time.... I think it's cause they don't want to buy me a gift....

Old 11-08-2010   #1214
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I'm just not seeing that. JJ in the endzone.... didn't make a catch that was a gift to him.

If those plays stand, we win the game. We had a lead going into the 4th Qtr, & bad luck struck.

I wouldn't blame the coaches any more than I'm blaming the players, that's just the way that goes.

Colts..... there is no guarantee that running the ball more would have been a win, check their game against the Dolphins last year. 45 minutes to 15, Miami still lost.

Philadelphia beat the Colts only handing the ball off to McCoy 16 times. I know it's different with Vick, but it's not like they threw in 10 designed runs for him. Vick ain't Schaub, but the Eagles went in thinking they can beat the Colts, dropping Vick back to throw the ball.

This team has been in position to win, they haven't capitalized (executed) yeah, the coach has something to do with that as well.... but not so much that it is holding us back.
Schaub ain't half the playmaker Vick is. You see that 60+ yard bomb
he threw to Jackson to get them out of their own endzone? Vick
routinely makes plays like that, Schaub doesn't. If they sit back passively
on Vick, he's 20 yards upfield. If Mathis and Freeney crash down on
Vick, he's 20 yards upfield.

Holla at me when Schaub is that kind of playmaker. The Eagles won, because
Reid knows he has a hell of a playmaker and gave him the ball all game long.
Kubiak took the ball out of Foster's hands on key redzone possessions and
short-yardage situations in the second half. When did Reid pull Vick out,
and shove Kolb in there for "a couple reps?"

The phrase is "Schaub ain't Vick." The Texans will find that out in a few
weeks.
Old 11-08-2010   #1215
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I don't exactly know about a "gift", it was tipped

(about the only time I will defend jones on that one)..would have been a really good catch

Foster's "TD" .. I don't like the NFL rule one bit but a few players have been burned on it this season and I guess a rule is a rule
Old 11-08-2010   #1216
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:

Sorry. The coach has everything to do with it. EVERYTHING! Either his preparation of the team is lacking or he and Rick Smith did not select the right players. It rests on him.
Old 11-08-2010   #1217
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

The fact that the guy has been unable to get the defense right for a full season in 4.5 seasons is enough to fire him IMO. The Head Coach is the Head Coach, not the coach of only one side. It's the head coaches job to have the offense, the defense, and the special teams all playing well. If he can't do that in five years, the gig is up.

That's the first thing I look at.

2006:
Total Defense: 24th
Points per game: 26th

2007:
Total: 24th

2008:
Total: 22th

2009:
Total: 14th

2010 (through 8 games):
Total: 32nd
Points 30th

Last year we were in the middle of the pack, outside of that we have been among the worst.
Old 11-09-2010   #1218
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Schaub ain't half the playmaker Vick is. You see that 60+ yard bomb
he threw to Jackson to get them out of their own endzone? Vick
routinely makes plays like that, Schaub doesn't. If they sit back passively
on Vick, he's 20 yards upfield. If Mathis and Freeney crash down on
Vick, he's 20 yards upfield.

Holla at me when Schaub is that kind of playmaker. The Eagles won, because
Reid knows he has a hell of a playmaker and gave him the ball all game long.
Kubiak took the ball out of Foster's hands on key redzone possessions and
short-yardage situations in the second half. When did Reid pull Vick out,
and shove Kolb in there for "a couple reps?"

The phrase is "Schaub ain't Vick." The Texans will find that out in a few
weeks.
Pulling Vick & sticking Kold in is equivalent to asking Schaub & AJ to make a play?

What?
Old 11-09-2010   #1219
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 126226 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

*touches nose then points to TK repeatedly*

You're getting warm TK! Dangit, you're getting closer!!
Old 11-09-2010   #1220
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 9556 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Pulling Vick & sticking Kold in is equivalent to asking Schaub & AJ to make a play?

What?
He's referring to Arian Foster being pulled out to rest a few reps in place of Derrick Ward or a series of pass plays. Andy Reid didn't pull Vick from the game in place of Kolb to let Vick get some rest. Reid used Vick to his advantage whereas Kubiak uses Foster in a way that makes some of us tilt are head and say "wtf just happened".
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read