Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 11-07-2010   #181
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Weekly Sit/Start Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
LOL.

You're ASSuming Foster gets the ball enough in order to produce.

The smart play is to trade those guys, such as Foster, but not sure if those leagues have had a trade deadline pass already or not.
to start Texans players. They're better used as trade bait.

Like I said, stick to real football analysis. This is possibly the worst fantasy advice I've read this year.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #182
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 32527 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post

Like I said, stick to real football analysis. This is possibly the worst fantasy advice I've read this year.
Actuallly, right now GP's advice looks pretty good. Dump while you have a chance to get anything for them.
Old 11-08-2010   #183
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Since this week is basically over; question for next week.

Who should I start:
Schaub vs. Jacksonville or Matt Ryan vs. Baltimore
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #184
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
Rivers or Eli? If Rivers were playing against another 32nd rank team in passing defense I'd start him in a heart beat, but that's my problem, that 32nd rank team is my Texans. Should I start Rivers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
That's a no brainer. Start Rivers.

He's been lighting it up. I have him as well, this is a juicy matchup. You can't play with your heart in FF, especially being a Texans fan...lol

Look at this way, he if he blows and Houton wins, it's a good day. If we get dominated at least you can say to yourself that your FF team did well. Best case, he puts up good numbers but Schaub out duels him.
I hope you started Rivers per my suggestion. He got me a ton of points. I would gladly trade them all for a Texans victory however.
Old 11-08-2010   #185
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Actuallly, right now GP's advice looks pretty good. Dump while you have a chance to get anything for them.

Foster got 31 points yesterday! Yes, trade him NOW!

Old 11-08-2010   #186
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 32527 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post

Foster got 31 points yesterday! Yes, trade him NOW!

Funny how you didn't make the smarmy comment before yesterday's game. After the Colts game, it didn't look like Foster was going to get much work. Hindsight is normally better, and certainly easier, but whatever.
Old 11-08-2010   #187
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man View Post
Since this week is basically over; question for next week.

Who should I start:
Schaub vs. Jacksonville or Matt Ryan vs. Baltimore
Schaub. Jacksonville's secondary is horrible and I expect our passing offense to rebound this week. Additionally, Arian Foster has proven himself to be a stud in every facet of the game. He could easily turn a short screen into a long TD.
Old 11-08-2010   #188
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Quote:
Funny how you didn't make the smarmy comment before yesterday's game. After the Colts game, it didn't look like Foster was going to get much work. Hindsight is normally better, and certainly easier, but whatever.
Well, if you came away from that game thinking Foster would suddenly become an afterthought in the Texans offensive game plan, that folly is on you. It was one game, a game in which the Texans trailed, and every time he touched the ball he made things happen. You are guilty of letting your fan frustration affect your fantasy football analysis. So what if he got fewer touches than he should have against the Colts? He still got 24 touches and 27 fantasy points! And you're advising people to trade him?!?!?! That is crazy talk.

He leads the NFL in yards from scrimmage and rush+rec TDs, he's the top-rated player in most yahoo leagues, and he shows no signs of slowing down. There are only two guys I'd trade him for, and even then I doubt I'd make that trade as both Peterson and Chris Johnson have brand name value that makes them slightly overvalued for trade purposes. Simply put, you'd have to give more than Foster to get one of them in return, when they should all be equally valued.

When you have a breakout stud that you drafted for great value, you hold him tight and make others overpay. The last thing you do is trade him away. Think Priest Holmes....
Old 11-08-2010   #189
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I hope you started Rivers per my suggestion. He got me a ton of points. I would gladly trade them all for a Texans victory however.
I hope you all picked up Ajirotutu like I suggested. I was one of the few people on this board who wasn't unfamiliar with his name and expected him to blow up against our porous pass defense. If I'd had the roster space, I would've done it myself but I can't afford to drop Malcom Floyd for a one-week play.
Old 11-10-2010   #190
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Who should I start?

Eli Manning against the Cowboys, or Mike Vick against the Redskins?
Old 11-10-2010   #191
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Heh, that's a nice WDIS problem to have this week. I'd lean towards Vick as he's the more dangerous dual threat and he has a full arsenal of weapons at his disposal now that DeSean Jackson is back. Regardless, you can't go wrong with either choice.
Old 11-10-2010   #192
MeLoveTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 1781 MeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
Heh, that's a nice WDIS problem to have this week. I'd lean towards Vick as he's the more dangerous dual threat and he has a full arsenal of weapons at his disposal now that DeSean Jackson is back. Regardless, you can't go wrong with either choice.
Peyton or Vick?! I have Wayne and Tamme so I could handcuff TD's by starting Peyton, but I am worried about starting 3 colts.
MeLoveTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010   #193
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 46441 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Texans View Post
Who should I start?

Eli Manning against the Cowboys, or Mike Vick against the Redskins?
Is it 4 or 6 points for passing TD's?

Manning has thrown 12 TD's in his last 4 games so he's kind of hard to bench right now. But if you're only getting 4 points per TD then Vick might be better due to his rushing abilities.

Like Mailman said though, you really can't go wrong with either of those two.
Old 11-10-2010   #194
Ckw

Quote:
I would have gladly made the smarmy comment before the Chargers game. Foster got me 22 points in the Colts game. Still definitely worth a #1 RB spot.
Old 11-10-2010   #195
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 46441 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeLoveTexans View Post
Peyton or Vick?! I have Wayne and Tamme so I could handcuff TD's by starting Peyton, but I am worried about starting 3 colts.
Sounds like another situation where you can't really go wrong. Peyton is the safer play but Vick has more upside IMO. Just depends how much risk/reward you want to chance.
Old 11-10-2010   #196
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
I would have gladly made the smarmy comment before the Chargers game. Foster got me 22 points in the Colts game. Still definitely worth a #1 RB spot.
Arian's weekly point totals in one of my Yahoo leagues.

If anybody is going to trade Foster, please trade him to me. I would be more than willing to take him off your hands.
Old 11-10-2010   #197
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeLoveTexans View Post
I agree with dc. It depends on your league scoring.

Assuming your trade deadline is approaching, you might consider shopping Vick around to improve your team's weakness.
Old 11-11-2010   #198
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Pick up Mike Sims-Walker regardless of who your receivers are. Just picked him up and started him over Dwayne Bowe (I also have Reggie Wayne and Anquan Boldin) who has like 5 touchdowns in the last 4 games. You know Sims Walker is going to have a monster day against our horrible defense.

Pick up Garrard too if you don't have a solid QB to start. Garrard threw 4 TDs against Dallas before the bye and now he gets to play our defense.

Last edited by TexansSeminole; 11-11-2010 at 12:43 PM.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010   #199
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Yep, play all your Jaguars. The Texans D is a boon to fantasy owners everywhere. Always start your vs. Houstons.

Coincidentally, the Texans (and Jacksonville) were a major consideration in a blockbuster deal that I just pulled off in my ppr/return league. I gave up Ahmad Bradshaw + Anquan Boldin + Shiancoe and in return I got Chris Johnson. He is absolutely going to go bonkers down the stretch with Moss there and tasty matchups against the Texans twice, Jacksoville once, and Indy once.

I now have the best damn RB duo in fantasy land in Foster and CJ3, not to mention Aaron Rodgers, Roddy White, and Percy Harvin.
Old 11-11-2010   #200
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Should I trade away my depth at RB to get back what I lost in Boldin?

One of the guys in my league is super rich at WR (Nicks, AJ, Lloyd, Tampa Mike, R. Moss) and hurting at RB. His team has done well but is fighting it out for a playoff spot with three other teams.

Should I try and trade away my RB depth in Hillis for one of those guys? Fwiw I have both Foster and CJ3 handcuffed with Ward and Ringer.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read