Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 11-04-2010   #121
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trade advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Hes offering:
Carson Palmer
Jamal Charles
Donald Driver

Hes wanting:
Eli Manning
Ray Rice
Mike Wallace

Manning and Palmer have been statisticlaly pretty equivelent, although palmer has been slightly better

Rice has been a big disappointment, and Charles has been better, however he has not scored very often

Wallace has performed better than Driver, but he doesn't start most weeks for me
I would do that trade. Everything seems pretty equal but Charles has a way easier schedule than Rice.

You do know that Driver is hurt right now though right? Shouldn't matter if you don't plan on starting him though...
Old 11-04-2010   #122
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Donald driver is hurt right now, and likely will be out for more than a week. I just dropped him on one of my teams in favor of Nate Washington
Old 11-04-2010   #123
Ckw

Quote:
Hes offering:
Carson Palmer
Jamal Charles
Donald Driver

Hes wanting:
Eli Manning
Ray Rice
Mike Wallace

Manning and Palmer have been statisticlaly pretty equivelent, although palmer has been slightly better

Rice has been a big disappointment, and Charles has been better, however he has not scored very often

Wallace has performed better than Driver, but he doesn't start most weeks for me
Who are your WRs?

Also even though he is having a down year, his upside is still there and he is the main goal line back even with McGahee so at first glance, you are giving up too much. If you want Palmer, then I guess make the trade but I might keep Eli if I were you. Seems to me the only thing you are getting in this deal is Charles and with the touchdowns or lack thereof for Charles, it doesn't seem like you are really getting better unless you really like Palmer.
Old 11-05-2010   #124
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I guy in my league has Kitna and no other QB (well sorta) and is looking for a trade. He has some good WR's, and decent RB's although some are injured or underperforming. I was thinking about offerring him:

Matt Ryan
Lee Evans or Dez Bryant

for me to recieve either:
Reggie Wayne or TO

Any advice?

Evans and Bryant may see another start or they may not if everyone stays healthy, to date I have only started each one once I think. And I am in better shape. Spiller is junk but I don't think he'll bite on that. He's set at TE right now so Moeaki is not much good to him. And TE's are thin, so having a back up stashed on the bench is good. Only reason I am nervous about giving up Ryan is in case something happens to Rivers. Also Rivers has a bye next week. I could offer Ryan and Evans or Bryant for Kitna and Wayne. Kitna would cover the bye week (I need to see who the play next week) and just be mediocre insurance on the bench.

----------------------------
Here's my current team:

QBPhilip Rivers, SD QB
RB Adrian Peterson, Min RB
RB LeSean McCoy, Phi RB
RB/WR LeGarrette Blount, TB RB
WR Calvin Johnson, Det WR P
WR Marques Colston, NO WR P
TE Tony Gonzalez, Atl TE
D/ST Redskins D/ST, Was D/ST
K Sebastian Janikowski, Oak K

Bench C.J. Spiller, Buf RB
Bench Lee Evans, Buf WR
Bench Dez Bryant, Dal WR
Bench Matt Ryan, Atl QB
Bench Tony Moeaki, KC TE
Bench Anthony Armstrong, Was WR
Bench Ricky Williams, Mia RB

Here's his current team:

QB Jon Kitna, Dal QB
RB LaDainian Tomlinson, NYJ RB
RB Peyton Hillis, Cle RB
RB/WR Greg Jennings, GB WR
WR Reggie Wayne, Ind WR
WR Terrell Owens, Cin WR
TE Jeremy Shockey, NO TE
D/ST Saints D/ST, NO D/ST
K Robbie Gould, Chi K

Bench Ronnie Brown, Mia RB
Bench Pierre Thomas, NO RB Q
Bench Randy Moss, Ten WR
Bench Mike Tolbert, SD RB
Bench Titans D/ST, Ten D/ST
Bench Marcedes Lewis, Jac TE
Bench Vince Young, Ten QB Q
Old 11-05-2010   #125
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

I would target Wayne. I have TO in 2/3 leagues and he has been great but for some reason I just don't trust him to keep it up. Might just be an irrational fear, but my gut tells me something has to give. He also has a pretty tough schedule coming up with two games vs the Steelers and one vs the Jets.

Just my 2cents

If he doesn't go for the Wayne trade I would still be ok shipping off Ryan and Evans for TO. I might be a little more hesitant to get rid of Dez though.
Old 11-05-2010   #126
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
I would target Wayne. I have TO in 2/3 leagues and he has been great but for some reason I just don't trust him to keep it up. Might just be an irrational fear, but my gut tells me something has to give. He also has a pretty tough schedule coming up with two games vs the Steelers and one vs the Jets.

Just my 2cents

If he doesn't go for the Wayne trade I would still be ok shipping off Ryan and Evans for TO. I might be a little more hesitant to get rid of Dez though.
yeah, I feel the same about TO, he has been lighting it up but I have the same gut feeling as you.

If is ship off Ryan right away as opposed to dragging it out some, I am going to be in a tight spot next week @ QB with Rivers on a bye. He'll turn around and drop either Young or Kitna, neither one excite me but if it gets me Wayne then it might be worth it.
Old 11-05-2010   #127
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
yeah, I feel the same about TO, he has been lighting it up but I have the same gut feeling as you.

If is ship off Ryan right away as opposed to dragging it out some, I am going to be in a tight spot next week @ QB with Rivers on a bye. He'll turn around and drop either Young or Kitna, neither one excite me but if it gets me Wayne then it might be worth it.
Anybody out there on the waiver wire? Just glancing at my league...

Cutler vs BUF
Favre vs Ari
Stafford vs NYJ (ugly matchup but he had a monster game last week)
Kitna vs GB
Old 11-05-2010   #128
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Anybody out there on the waiver wire? Just glancing at my league...

Cutler vs BUF
Favre vs Ari
Stafford vs NYJ (ugly matchup but he had a monster game last week)
Kitna vs GB
Fitzpatrick
Mcnabb
Bradford
Shaun Hill
Henne
Favre
Derek Anderson
Old 11-05-2010   #129
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Fitzpatrick
Mcnabb
Bradford
Shaun Hill
Henne
Favre
Derek Anderson
Go grab Fitzpatrick right now IMO. 12 TD's in his last 6 games, I'm surprised he's a free agent.
Old 11-05-2010   #130
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Go grab Fitzpatrick right now IMO. 12 TD's in his last 6 games, I'm surprised he's a free agent.
He just got dropped, on waviers until Sat morning.
Old 11-05-2010   #131
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

So you think I should propose the trade? And just get by without Rivers next week?
Old 11-05-2010   #132
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
He just got dropped, on waviers until Sat morning.
Hmmm, you might not have many other options.

Mcnabb - bye
Bradford - bye
Hill - not playing
Henne - hasn't been great and bad matchup
Favre - hasn't been great, hurt, no Moss, no Rice, possibly no Harvin, but great matchup
Anderson - no way
Old 11-05-2010   #133
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
So you think I should propose the trade? And just get by without Rivers next week?
Hard to say man. I will say that if I really wanted to make a trade I wouldn't let a bye week stop me.
Old 11-05-2010   #134
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Hard to say man. I will say that if I really wanted to make a trade I wouldn't let a bye week stop me.
Well, I feel my team is good enough to go deep in the playoffs as is, the guys I am offerring up are either insurance or will hardly start if at all. So my thought was if I can land Wayne, my team will be even better.

At the same time, I don't mind standing pat.
Old 11-05-2010   #135
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Well, I feel my team is good enough to go deep in the playoffs as is, the guys I am offerring up are either insurance or will hardly start if at all. So my thought was if I can land Wayne, my team will be even better.

At the same time, I don't mind standing pat.
I definitely like the trade just not sure if you should wait or not. If you think you can get by without Rivers for a week then do it now. If it might cost you a loss that could cost you a playoff spot then you should probably wait.
Old 11-05-2010   #136
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
I definitely like the trade just not sure if you should wait or not. If you think you can get by without Rivers for a week then do it now. If it might cost you a loss that could cost you a playoff spot then you should probably wait.
Yeah, that's the issue. I am currently the 3rd seed, with the top 6 making it in but it is tight, 6 seed is 4-4 and I am 5-3. I think even if I lose next week, I'd be good. I might just wait until after Sunday's games.
Old 11-08-2010   #137
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

Originally I asked for Brandon Lloyd, he countered with Miles Austin.

I am offering Cedric Benson

My lineup
Rivers, Matt Ryan
Roddy White, Hakeem Nicks, Santonio Holmes, Mike Thomas, Kevin Walter
Adrian Peterson, Cedric Benson, Mike Tolbert, Fred Jackson
Jacob Tamme, Kellen Winslow
Bironas
Chi-Town D

Standard scoring, Pickups limited to 17, I have made 16, so 1 left.

In first place right now

Benson has been frustrating this season
Old 11-08-2010   #138
Ckw

Quote:
Hes offering:
Carson Palmer
Jamal Charles
Donald Driver

Hes wanting:
Eli Manning
Ray Rice
Mike Wallace

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarren14 View Post
Originally I asked for Brandon Lloyd, he countered with Miles Austin.

I am offering Cedric Benson

My lineup
Rivers, Matt Ryan
Roddy White, Hakeem Nicks, Santonio Holmes, Mike Thomas, Kevin Walter
Adrian Peterson, Cedric Benson, Mike Tolbert, Fred Jackson
Jacob Tamme, Kellen Winslow
Bironas
Chi-Town D

Standard scoring, Pickups limited to 17, I have made 16, so 1 left.

In first place right now

Benson has been frustrating this season
Why?!?!? You have three starting quality WRs and would only have 1 decent RB depending on what happens with Matthews.

No way would I make that trade. There is a reason you are in first place. No need to shake things up now.
Old 11-08-2010   #139
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Probably should sit tight, but I am itching to make a move for some reason.

I am 6-1-1 in a non PPR league. TD = 6 except QB = 4.

My TE Finley went down and luckily got Jacob Tamme to fill in the past 2 weeks.

I also lucked out and got Brandon Jackson when he was on waivers early in the season. So my starting lineup looks like this. Starter in bold.

QB: Cutler / Henne
WR: Marshall / White / Malcom Floyd / Vincent Jackson
RB: Adrian Peterson / Ronnie Brown / Marion Barber / Chester Taylor
W/R/T Flex: Brandon Jackson
TE: Jacob Tamme / Gresham
K: Neil Rackers
DEF: New England

I am looking to pick up Shonn Greene on the cheap. He has 60 FP this season and MIGHT get a bigger workload if Tomlinson breaks down later in the season. So its kind of a play for the future. So far Marshall only has 65 points. And with Vincent Jackson coming back I might be able to slide him in that spot since Marshall has been underperforming big time. I also have been considering asking him for Ricky Williams to handcuff to Ronnie Brown, and Antonio Gates, swap for Tamme and a star player.

Any ideas suggestions?

Edit: Should I focus on trying to get a better QB instead?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #140
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Why?!?!? You have three starting quality WRs and would only have 1 decent RB depending on what happens with Matthews.

No way would I make that trade. There is a reason you are in first place. No need to shake things up now.
Yeah, that's what I decided once I finished typing. I just get antsy and want to make something happen. lol

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read