Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2010   #1101
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Is Kubiak fired yet?
Old 11-05-2010   #1102
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I even picked up Derrick Ward in fantasy football before the Monday night game because I assumed, since the Colts couldn't stop the run, that the Texans would keep running it with Foster and Ward. I guess I'm smarter than Kubiak.
Old 11-05-2010   #1103
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 43723 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Ever considered that we probably are just on the cusp, and that it's probably Kubiak preventing us from getting over it?

Yes, I have. Which sux.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
Old 11-05-2010   #1104
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Ever considered that we probably are just on the cusp, and that it's probably Kubiak preventing us from getting over it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Yes, I have. Which sux.

Wow.

That Kubiak may have taken a team with enough talent to go the distance and turned it into dookie.....

Yes. I could see that.
Old 11-05-2010   #1105
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Do we stay glued to Kubiak because he was our "first?"
I think 5 years is enough to see if Kubiak can do what we want him to.

Some people think 5 years is way too long to still be in doubt.

We are in year 5 now, nothings going to change that. Kubiak is here now, nothings going to change that either.

If we don't have a strong showing in the post season, I have no problem letting him go... in fact, I'll be wanting him gone.

Right now, things are looking as if you guys were right, & we should have parted ways last year.

But the season isn't over yet.
Old 11-05-2010   #1106
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Lots of people didn't know how to have sex before they lost their virginity. Doesn't mean you stay with that person for ever. Doesn't mean that person is the best person for you. Doesn't even mean that person will be your best lover.

Kubiak has improved the team...no dispute from me on that...

But that doesn't mean he is the coach to take us to that next level. Every year it's looking less likely that he will get us to the level that we want to be at.
Never said any different.
Old 11-05-2010   #1107
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Football careers are SHORT, compared to ANY of the other professional
sports. Why handcuff these players to a mediocre coach for their
entire career? Don't they deserve an opportunity to win before their
careers are ended? FIVE SEASONS is more than HALF of a football player's
career IF HE'S LUCKY.
How many players have been ruined because of too many, too frequent coaching changes in Detroit, Arizona, Tampa Bay, St. Louis, New Orleans, etc... How many players have been ruined in San Francisco the last 12 years??

I know some of those franchises have had success recently, but in their history, I think they have been in constant mediocrity because they changed coaches too frequently, never allowing anyone to build a winning tradition.

I think any coach could have taken this team to a strong post season this season. But I'm not so confident any coach could keep it going. I think Kubiak can.

I may be wrong, we'll find out.
Old 11-05-2010   #1108
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think any coach could have taken this team to a strong post season this season. But I'm not so confident any coach could keep it going. I think Kubiak can.

I may be wrong, we'll find out.
What can Kubiak keep going? Mediocrity? Because he surely hasn't gotten us to the playoffs.
Old 11-05-2010   #1109
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
What can Kubiak keep going? Mediocrity? Because he surely hasn't gotten us to the playoffs.
9 games to go.
Old 11-05-2010   #1110
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
9 games to go.
Kubiak, using the past as an indicator of the future, is a 5-4 coach.

Is that a *winning* record?

The answer to that question may be the one we a disagree on.
Old 11-05-2010   #1111
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 11-05-2010   #1112
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
^^^^^
Kubiak's 2010 Season
Old 11-05-2010   #1113
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Kubiak, using the past as an indicator of the future, is a 5-4 coach.

Is that a *winning* record?

The answer to that question may be the one we a disagree on.
Coincidence....

purely coincidence.
Old 11-05-2010   #1114
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Some guys can argue until Tuesday or Wednesday. Some other guys can argue until Friday or Saturday.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Old 11-05-2010   #1115
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56771 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I heard an interesting stat on the radio this morning. Only three current coaches in the NFL that have two or more years experience have losing records: Norv Turner, Marvin Lewis, and Gary Kubiak. Only one of them have never been the playoffs.
Mangini, Chan Gailey both under .500. Cable and Singeltary too (the two years includes their interim time).
Old 11-05-2010   #1116
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Right now, things are looking as if you guys were right, & we should have parted ways last year.

But the season isn't over yet.
Personally, I'm not in the group that wanted him gone last year.

I thought Kubiak had this team on the right track. I thought that this would be the off-season that we would see a noticeable difference in how this team plays.

I was wrong. The talent has gotten better, but they still play weak. They are still making the same mistakes. They still look over matched too often.

I hope Kubiak does well this season, but if he doesn't I definitely want him gone. It's just getting tiresome.
Old 11-05-2010   #1117
Lucky

Rep Power: 100513 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How many players have been ruined because of too many, too frequent coaching changes in Detroit, Arizona, Tampa Bay, St. Louis, New Orleans, etc...
It's not the coaching changes, but the coaching selections (and the team management) that have set these franchises back.
Old 11-05-2010   #1118
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Personally, I'm not in the group that wanted him gone last year.

I thought Kubiak had this team on the right track. I thought that this would be the off-season that we would see a noticeable difference in how this team plays.

I was wrong. The talent has gotten better, but they still play weak. They are still making the same mistakes. They still look over matched too often.

I hope Kubiak does well this season, but if he doesn't I definitely want him gone. It's just getting tiresome.
I was all Kubiak-Kool-Aid until the MNF game against the Titans last year.
From that point forward, I began to closely and objectively scrutinize
everything he's done with this team.

I saw a lot of things that
looked like progress (2 non-losing seasons, and a 9-7 record; the
best passing attack in the NFL; two NFL DROY's; 3 Probowlers in one
draft (2006.)

However, I started to notice WHO we would lose to. It was ALWAYS
playoff-bound teams who looked to beat the snot out of anybody in
their way (8-22 against winning teams; 8-18 against the AFC South.)

WE were NEVER such a team. This trend continued through
the rest of 2009, and to my disappointment, has been the ENTIRE STORY
for the 2010 season.

Kubiak should spare us all, and resign at the end of the year. It's 2010,
and I'm STILL hearing him utter the phrase: "It's really hard to win in this
league." He's even got his PLAYERS SAYING IT.

Leader of men? That's not Kubiak.
Old 11-05-2010   #1119
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
so last time the soapers got what they wanted and richard smith was fired and now the defense is worse off....the same soapers now want Kubiak gone for what a chance(thats it a chance) to aim for Cowher when more than likely get a dennis green type...

Kubiak has improved this team every year he has been here and you want to get rid of him...the logic of some on this board escapes me.
Are you that much of a dumbass?? Really?? These Kubiak haters are the know all, be all of football... Bow down before the one you serve. Asshat!
Old 11-05-2010   #1120
Lucky

Rep Power: 100513 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
so last time the soapers got what they wanted and richard smith was fired and now the defense is worse off....
Remorse over the Richard Smith firing? Really? Wow.

Remorse over the Frank Bush promotion I would understand.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read