Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 10-31-2010   #161
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Weekly Sit/Start Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
I'd probably play Ricky there, but Dez Bryant has a great matchup and he's starting to prove himself as a solid WR3 starter.
I decided to put Colston back in the line up. so I got:

CJ
Colston
Ricky (flex)

still starting Blount and AP.
Old 10-31-2010   #162
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

well I had a nice day. 146 pts and counting, still got Colston left to play. Blount had a great day, as did a lot of my "studs".
Old 11-01-2010   #163
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

For the record, I HATE Randel El. That little p word cost me my whole game.
Old 11-01-2010   #164
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
well I had a nice day. 146 pts and counting, still got Colston left to play. Blount had a great day, as did a lot of my "studs".
Who else did you start? Jamaal Charles and Calvin Johnson both had great days for me. I am up 94-55 on my opponent. Should be interesting though as I have Arian Foster and he has Matt Schaub. If Schaub has the game of his life and Foster doesn't do much, it could be competitive. But I highly doubt that.

Wish I had started Blount. I did swap out Welker/Wallace for Beanie Wells which turned out to be a decent move. Overall good day for me yesterday, and I am the leader in points this week.
Old 11-01-2010   #165
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Who else did you start? Jamaal Charles and Calvin Johnson both had great days for me. I am up 94-55 on my opponent. Should be interesting though as I have Arian Foster and he has Matt Schaub. If Schaub has the game of his life and Foster doesn't do much, it could be competitive. But I highly doubt that.

Wish I had started Blount. I did swap out Welker/Wallace for Beanie Wells which turned out to be a decent move. Overall good day for me yesterday, and I am the leader in points this week.
Ended up with 165 pts, far more than anyone in my league, I am excited about the rest of the season as I finally may have got another quality RB in Blount.

I started:
Rivers
Peterson
Blount
Ricky Williams
Colston
CJ
Moeaki
Redskins D
Sebastian J.

on the bench:
LeSean McCoy
Anthony Armstrong
Dez Bryant
Matt Ryan
Tony Gonzales
CJ Spiller
Lee Evans
Old 11-05-2010   #166
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Weekly Sit/Start Discussion Thread

Witten or Miller? Miller has had a steller year, until last week when he was pretty much shut out (and Witten got 15 on the bench).

Welker's ass is going to the bench. I'm tired of Brady (my QB) trying to find as many ways as possible to score without throwing the ball.

Pick TWO (one must be a wr):

Woodhead
Beanie Wells
Ricky Williams
Bryant
Manningham

NOT a ppr league. These guys have been so freaking inconsistent they either get 2 points or 20.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010   #167
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

My advice:

Sit ALL Texans players. For the rest of the season.

Because you can't possibly calculate which DAY out of the remaining 9 Sundays you can get points out of any of them.

Just don't do start a Texans player. You've been warned. Heed my advice and be happy, or ignore it and be eternally angry with the outcome.
Old 11-05-2010   #168
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Weekly Sit/Start Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
My advice:

Because you can't possibly calculate which DAY out of the remaining 9 Sundays you can get points out of any of them.

Just don't do start a Texans player. You've been warned. Heed my advice and be happy, or ignore it and be eternally angry with the outcome.
Not Foster - he's gotten my wife good points each week, awesome points other weeks.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010   #169
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51561 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Not Foster - he's gotten my wife good points each week, awesome points other weeks.
That Andre Johnson guy is pretty good too...
Old 11-05-2010   #170
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

What FA D/ST should I pick up? I need a bye week fill in.

I thinking Raiders or Lion. Believe it or not....lol
Old 11-05-2010   #171
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
What FA D/ST should I pick up? I need a bye week fill in.

I thinking Raiders or Lion. Believe it or not....lol
Lions all the way. They will get you points this week against the Jets. I expect Suh to wreck Sanchez's Sunday. The Raiders will probably be without Nmadi.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010   #172
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
My advice:

Um, Arian Foster is the #1 ranked player overall in my yahoo money league. I think I'll keep starting him from here on out.

Terrible, terrible fantasy advice. Stick to real football analysis.
Old 11-05-2010   #173
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Quote:
Witten or Miller? Miller has had a steller year, until last week when he was pretty much shut out (and Witten got 15 on the bench).
Witten. Green Bay will jump ahead of the Cowboys and force them to throw the ball a lot, meaning that Kitna should lean heavily on Witten.

Quote:
Welker's ass is going to the bench. I'm tired of Brady (my QB) trying to find as many ways as possible to score without throwing the ball.

Woodhead
Beanie Wells
Ricky Williams
Bryant
Manningham

NOT a ppr league. These guys have been so freaking inconsistent they either get 2 points or 20.
If you get return yardage, you have to go with Bryant at one position and Wells the other. I think I'd start Dez anyway. Have you considered dropping someone to pick up Ajirotutu against the Texans?
Old 11-07-2010   #174
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Rivers or Eli? If Rivers were playing against another 32nd rank team in passing defense I'd start him in a heart beat, but that's my problem, that 32nd rank team is my Texans. Should I start Rivers?
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #175
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Woodhead
Beanie Wells
Ricky Williams
Bryant
Manningham

Bryant and Woodhead

Woodhead has been a consistent 10 = scorer lately.

Bryant because he gets more PT than Manningham and he also returns punts.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #176
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
Rivers or Eli? If Rivers were playing against another 32nd rank team in passing defense I'd start him in a heart beat, but that's my problem, that 32nd rank team is my Texans. Should I start Rivers?
Depends on if you want to win your game.

Start Rivers.

I hate feeling this way.

But Bushs' defense is what it is.
Old 11-07-2010   #177
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Depends on if you want to win your game.
Start Rivers.

I hate feeling this way.

But Bushs' defense is what it is.
That's my conundrum...I would like to win both. lol
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #178
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

It's going to be a high scoring game.

Here's to the Texans out scoring them and picking up a much needed win.
Old 11-07-2010   #179
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
Um, Arian Foster is the #1 ranked player overall in my yahoo money league. I think I'll keep starting him from here on out.

Terrible, terrible fantasy advice. Stick to real football analysis.
LOL.

You're ASSuming Foster gets the ball enough in order to produce.

The smart play is to trade those guys, such as Foster, but not sure if those leagues have had a trade deadline pass already or not.

Foster could net someone a couple of players, or one really good one.

I just think the Texans are about to crater big time. The offense is broken, due to new o-coord, and its killing the whole offense. It's a risk to start Texans players. They're better used as trade bait.
Old 11-07-2010   #180
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
That's a no brainer. Start Rivers.

He's been lighting it up. I have him as well, this is a juicy matchup. You can't play with your heart in FF, especially being a Texans fan...lol

Look at this way, he if he blows and Houton wins, it's a good day. If we get dominated at least you can say to yourself that your FF team did well. Best case, he puts up good numbers but Schaub out duels him.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read