Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2010   #1041
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
How many more years of this must we endure? There are many
Mike Tomlins and Todd Haleys waiting for an opportunity. Hell,
just look at Tampa Bay. We're wasting time when we know
what we've got just ain't good enough.
So now you're telling me that Todd Haley is a good coach? That Raheem Morris(?) is a good coach?

This is based on what, have they won Super Bowls like Tomlin that buys them some cred? The Mike Tomlin good coach that took a Super Bowl team to 9-7 & behind the Texans in tie breakers?

You've seen Kubiak put this team together from scratch... You may not like it, but I don't see how you can deny a consistent 8-8 is better than what we were before he got here. Like I said, I can understand you not liking that, but what has Raheem Morris & Tod Haley done that makes them "good coaches" or even worthy of the opportunity they were given?

Obviously you are using something other than past history, because neither has any.

Obviously you are using something other than current W-L record, because ours is right there with theirs. Don't tell me stats all of a sudden mean something now.

Don't you even want to wait & see how TB does against Atl & NO before you start singing Raheem Morris praises?

Todd Haley??

Really?

Wow........
Old 11-04-2010   #1042
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23727 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
You know who else has a team full of young, under-developed talent? The Patriots. And they're 6-1.
But they have a proven head coach that has taken them to the Super Bowl - more than once.

Ours has proven that he can take this team to .500. That does not get you to the playoffs much less the Super Bowl.

If we end up at .500 again - he needs to go. At 9-7 he still needs to go. If we end up at the bottom of the AFC South - he needs to go.

I have been a supporter, but Monday night's game did me in.
Old 11-04-2010   #1043
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
But they have a proven head coach that has taken them to the Super Bowl - more than once.

Ours has proven that he can take this team to .500. That does not get you to the playoffs much less the Super Bowl.

If we end up at .500 again - he needs to go. At 9-7 he still needs to go. If we end up at the bottom of the AFC South - he needs to go.

I have been a supporter, but Monday night's game did me in.

Ditto. For the first time ever, I'm flying the pink soap now. He's arguably not the full reason for mediocrity, but his position is the one held accountable.

I'm convinced he could drive the Steelers to 8-8.
Old 11-04-2010   #1044
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard an interesting stat on the radio this morning. Only three current coaches in the NFL that have two or more years experience have losing records: Norv Turner, Marvin Lewis, and Gary Kubiak. Only one of them have never been the playoffs.
Old 11-04-2010   #1045
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
So now you're telling me that Todd Haley is a good coach? That Raheem Morris(?) is a good coach?

This is based on what, have they won Super Bowls like Tomlin that buys them some cred? The Mike Tomlin good coach that took a Super Bowl team to 9-7 & behind the Texans in tie breakers?

You've seen Kubiak put this team together from scratch... You may not like it, but I don't see how you can deny a consistent 8-8 is better than what we were before he got here. Like I said, I can understand you not liking that, but what has Raheem Morris & Tod Haley done that makes them "good coaches" or even worthy of the opportunity they were given?

Obviously you are using something other than past history, because neither has any.

Obviously you are using something other than current W-L record, because ours is right there with theirs. Don't tell me stats all of a sudden mean something now.

Don't you even want to wait & see how TB does against Atl & NO before you start singing Raheem Morris praises?

Todd Haley??

Really?

Wow........
I'm tellin you all those coaches have accomplished more in THEIR first
two seasons, than Kubiak has in FIVE. Add Mike Smith to that list.
Old 11-04-2010   #1046
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

This debate is tiredless and pointless.
Old 11-04-2010   #1047
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
But it will keep going and going and going. People have to prove how smart they are.
Old 11-04-2010   #1048
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is a thread where people come to vent. When Kubiak stops giving
us reasons, then the thread will die.
Old 11-04-2010   #1049
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
All this arguing, while fun, is extremely redundant. Basically everybody is on the same page that if Kubes doesn't perform well for the rest of the season then he is out the door. Even his strongest supporters are getting on board with this idea. All we can do now is cheer our team on and hope that somehow we manage to reach the playoffs. Go Texans!

That's how I feel!

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Old 11-04-2010   #1050
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 7912 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Then don't read it.

Problem solved.
Old 11-04-2010   #1051
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
This is a thread where people come to vent. When Kubiak stops giving
us reasons, then the thread will die.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTexan View Post
Then don't read it.

Problem solved.
Exactly. I really don't understand why people have the need to even come in here and comment if they can't stand the thread so much. So what if it pops up on the newest posts. Just see it and go onto the next thread you are interested in.

Sure, the arguments may be tiresome, and I admit I get a bit tired of it too. But I can't blame people for wanting a place to come vent their frustrations. It is depressing being 9 years in and still looking for our first playoff appearance. It is frustrating to every year get your hopes up and think this is the year and that maybe finally Kubiak has put it all together and the constant mental lapses, poor clock management, strange substitutions, and head scratching game planning will be over with and we will look like a professional organization, but then the same things continue to happen. It is like being stuck in Groundhog Day living the same day over and over and over again.

Old 11-04-2010   #1052
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Exactly. I really don't understand why people have the need to even come in here and comment if they can't stand the thread so much. So what if it pops up on the newest posts. Just see it and go onto the next thread you are interested in.

Sure, the arguments may be tiresome, and I admit I get a bit tired of it too. But I can't blame people for wanting a place to come vent their frustrations. It is depressing being 9 years in and still looking for our first playoff appearance. It is frustrating to every year get your hopes up and think this is the year and that maybe finally Kubiak has put it all together and the constant mental lapses, poor clock management, strange substitutions, and head scratching game planning will be over with and we will look like a professional organization, but then the same things continue to happen. It is like being stuck in Groundhog Day living the same day over and over and over again.

Because there are 15 others where people whine like little girls.
Old 11-04-2010   #1053
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Well, I agree with that but this seems like the more suitable thread for the people to "whine like little girls." After all, it is labeled "The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread" and what do you know? People in this thread are talking about how they don't like Kubiak!

Should the constant "whining" be limited mostly to this thread? Sure, I can go with that.

Old 11-04-2010   #1054
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Well, I agree with that but this seems like the more suitable thread for the people to "whine like little girls." After all, it is labeled "The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread" and what do you know? People in this thread are talking about how they don't like Kubiak!

Should the constant "whining" be limited mostly to this thread? Sure, I can go with that.
There are how many threads dedicated to Kubiak? Even threads that don't start off that way wind up that way... It's tired and it's boring.

I get that people want to vent and that's groovy. I vented. I wasn't any happier with this past week's performance than anyone else. That poor performance is on both coaches and players alike, I get that...

But's it Thursday... time to move on and think about San Diego coming here.
Old 11-04-2010   #1055
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223599 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So, if they wore dresses, would you pay closer attention? LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Old 11-04-2010   #1056
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
So, if they wore dresses, would you pay closer attention? LOL
Would they have hairy legs?
Old 11-04-2010   #1057
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Are they french?
Old 11-04-2010   #1058
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 27501 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
I shaved my legs
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
Old 11-04-2010   #1059
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I've given it some thought in the past day or two and I think I'm more in the "BURN KUBIAK AT THE STAKE" crowd. In fact I think I might start that thread. A loss at home against San Diego will fill my ranks with supporters and fellow advocates of human sacrifice to stop the losing and miserable football.
Old 11-04-2010   #1060
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223599 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
I shaved my legs
We really didn't what to know that!

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read