Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2010   #1021
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
it's kinda funny re-reading some of my posts in this thread, i get drunk and argue just to argue ... making a lick of sense rarely coming into play lol.
I can certainly relate. Somebody named Mojo might agree. All kidding aside, I hate when that happens.
Old 11-03-2010   #1022
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 53313 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Roger that.
Awesome!!

Rep.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
Old 11-03-2010   #1023
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 208960 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Two things.

One. I'm sick and tired of Kubiak and his damned excuses and poor play from such a talented team.

Two. The season isn't over with yet.

I'm wrestling with those two items because they both are true. A few more loses though, and you can throw item two out the window.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Old 11-03-2010   #1024
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 18204 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Two things.

One. I'm sick and tired of Kubiak and his damned excuses and poor play from such a talented team.

Two. The season isn't over with yet.

I'm wrestling with those two items because they both are true. A few more loses though, and you can throw item two out the window.
"In each of us two natures are at war ... The good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, but one of them must conquer. In our own hands lies the power to chose. What we want most to be, we are." -- Dr. Henry Jekyll
Old 11-03-2010   #1025
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 14294 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

Isn't this the time of the year for the typical 4-5 game losing streak?
Old 11-03-2010   #1026
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 53313 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyTExan View Post

Lol....followed by the 4-5 game winning streak in meaningless games at the end of the year to save everyones job.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
Old 11-03-2010   #1027
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 208960 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyTExan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Lol....followed by the 4-5 game winning streak in meaningless games at the end of the year to save everyones job.
If this happens again this year I'm gonna go crazy.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Old 11-03-2010   #1028
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
If this happens again this year I'm gonna go crazy.

Yes sir! You and me both and probably most of this board sans those that have rose glasses on as of now already.

I have never been in the fire him now club. But, if that happens again this year, I'll be a new member to the soap club. I'm giving him until the end of the year. Tick - tock Kubiak, tick - tock.

Old 11-03-2010   #1029
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 75563 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonhed View Post
Does anyone know why I can't change my avatar to something custom? I only have the preset options and nowhere to select my own. Help! I'm trying to join the pink soapers.

Oh also I can't change my signature apparently.
If ya get a handle on that issue Wagonhed let me know. Been trying to do it since everything went green with no luck whatsoever. Try it at least once a week to no avail.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
Old 11-03-2010   #1030
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
well yeah.. if you get technical with it

just frustration with this defense
I'm with you. Important game, they came out of the half, & allowed Indy to march 70 yards for a touchdown.

No more touchdowns after that, but two 5+ minute drives for field goals killed us.
Old 11-03-2010   #1031
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post

Just smile, and don't argue with him. He's trying to cope with the foolishness
we see on the field the best he can.
I'm just looking for accuracy. I'm griping about the same problem we've had for 8 weeks, a piss-poor passing game, which I would think should be more alarming to more people.

Sure, we put up 400 yards in several games, & we're top 5 or whatever, but every one of those games we aired it out because we were playing catch-up because the passing game is broke.

& it's not the playcalling, we've got wide open receivers who either don't catch the ball, or the ball is thrown late or behind the receiver.

In all honesty, now that I think about it, it's like Kubiak said..... don't worry about the running game after 2008, & 2009 we stink. Don't worry about the passing game after 2009, & 2010 we stink.

Let's jump on that a real problem, & I'll be on your side.
Old 11-03-2010   #1032
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm just looking for accuracy. I'm griping about the same problem we've had for 8 weeks, a piss-poor passing game, which I would think should be more alarming to more people.

Sure, we put up 400 yards in several games, & we're top 5 or whatever, but every one of those games we aired it out because we were playing catch-up because the passing game is broke.

& it's not the playcalling, we've got wide open receivers who either don't catch the ball, or the ball is thrown late or behind the receiver.

In all honesty, now that I think about it, it's like Kubiak said..... don't worry about the running game after 2008, & 2009 we stink. Don't worry about the passing game after 2009, & 2010 we stink.

Let's jump on that a real problem, & I'll be on your side.
Every year it's one phase up, another phase down. Then it's one
phase down, another phase up.

What do you get, when one component drops at the equal pace
the other component rises? 50/50

What's Kubiak's record over 4.5 seasons? 35-36

How many more years of this must we endure? There are many
Mike Tomlins and Todd Haleys waiting for an opportunity. Hell,
just look at Tampa Bay. We're wasting time when we know
what we've got just ain't good enough.
Old 11-03-2010   #1033
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Lol!
I damn near screamed that I"ve been a season ticket holder for five years, and that Kubiak has had enough time to build a team.

Some people want to give Kubiak a lifetime contract. If you complain that the team has holes, they say, "Well, but, it was even worse under Capers."

It's a total loser mentality.
I bought my tickets in 2006, technically, this is my fifth season, just like Kubiak's fifth season.

I think 5 years is where the line should be, from where we were..... no identity, no history, no "vets" worth a damn. He started with less than nothing.

He should have done it in 4 years, but he didn't. I'm fine with giving him one more year. & I've always said that. If he does it in 3 years, great. 4 years good. 5 years.... eh.

But 5 years isn't halfway over yet. The team doesn't look good, & I'm very disappointed. But even if we went 7-0 to this point, 8-0 by next week, we wouldn't have learned anything about this team. The test is coming up.

going 8-0 would have allowed us to go 4-4 over the last 8 games, beating Denver, Philly, & splitting with Tennessee & Jacksonville. Which is right where we've been the last 3 years.

Everybody would be happy, because we're going to the play-offs with a 12-4 record & most likely lose our first play-off game ever.

It's getting tougher & tougher for us to win 10 games, without sweeping a division rival & beating Jets or Baltimore.
Old 11-03-2010   #1034
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Every year it's one phase up, another phase down. Then it's one
phase down, another phase up.

Yep, I made a similar note a bit earlier. Kubiak does a lot of goods things, but every years there's always some huge crippling issue that is destroying our season.
Old 11-03-2010   #1035
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Sometimes I wonder if you even watch the Texans after reading your posts. You don't ever seem to be accurate about the things that take place on the field and always go into "spin mode" for Kubiak using every effort possible without any real logic that goes back to football or how this team plays. It just seems that way to me. I wonder if you just enjoy being controversial or something, I dunno, but it just never seems to add up.
I wonder the same thing.
Old 11-03-2010   #1036
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 55298 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

You know who else has a team full of young, under-developed talent? The Patriots. And they're 6-1.
Old 11-04-2010   #1037
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1892 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

The Buccaneers have a better record than us.
Old 11-04-2010   #1038
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

All this arguing, while fun, is extremely redundant. Basically everybody is on the same page that if Kubes doesn't perform well for the rest of the season then he is out the door. Even his strongest supporters are getting on board with this idea. All we can do now is cheer our team on and hope that somehow we manage to reach the playoffs. Go Texans!
Old 11-04-2010   #1039
sometexansfan
Blue Bomber

Rep Power: 142 sometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
All this arguing, while fun, is extremely redundant. Basically everybody is on the same page that if Kubes doesn't perform well for the rest of the season then he is out the door. Even his strongest supporters are getting on board with this idea. All we can do now is cheer our team on and hope that somehow we manage to reach the playoffs. Go Texans!
^^^This.
Old 11-04-2010   #1040
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
Yep, I can get with that!!!!

You were repped!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read