Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2010   #981
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Fire Kubiak. It's time.

If it had been up to me I'd have fired him along with Frank Bush in the visitors locker room in Indianapolis. I wouldn't have let them ride back on the team plane. I don't even think I'd have given them bus money.

Last edited by Hervoyel; 11-02-2010 at 12:30 PM.
Old 11-02-2010   #982
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

The worst thing for this team is that it still manages to win some games and look impressive while doing it.

The running game of Foster/Ward, AJ, Schaub, and the come-from-behind wins vs. the Redskins and Chiefs, are all doing one thing: Preventing Bob McNair from pulling the plug on the Kubiak experiment.

It's sad that a man like Bob McNair has fooled himself into thinking that ONLY when we're 1-15 or 2-14 and the fans are all waving "Fire Kubiak!" signs in the stands during the games that THAT is when he needs to move on.

McNair is not a man who is ultimately passionate about winning a title. At least not for the sake of the title itself. He's man, IMO, who sees winning a title as a way to make MORE money. Every move is reactionary with the trigger getting pulled based on how it makes money or avoids losing money.

Right now, McNair ultimately cares about keeping things the way they are. Firing Kubiak would only complicate things. Because Bob runs the risk of making the team worse due to "a rebuilding phase" when what he has right now is at least somewhat tolerable.

He's stringing this out for all it's worth. He's milking the Kubiak cow for as long as he can. In addition, he gets painted by some as being such a loyal, patient man. When in reality, IMO, he's just a business man who likes things to be as predictable and profitable as it can get. If you get something more, then great. If you maintain and keep people int he seats, then that's OK too. But only when he sees half-empty stadiums and the stain of fans wearing paper bags on their heads and a chorus of boos, and the team completely falling apart will Bob McNair make a move.

Because Bob is reactionary, not proactive. And THAT is the exact same thing that Kubiak is. He reacts instead of being proactive. They are a match made in heaven for one another. They share the same gene: Do what you do, minimize volatility and instability, and hope for the best.

Throw in Rick Smith and his penny-pinching contract ways, and it's even worse.

I'm going to go ahead and say it: I hope we lose every game for the rest of the season, and Bob "reacts" by doing what he should have done last year. We need Bob to somehow blindly stumble upon that once-in-a-lifetime head coach that just finds a way to put it together. Whether it happens with the next guy, or the 6th head coach of the Texans, I don't care. But this thing with Kubiak is dead. It's the dog that you think can recover from the sickness, but you know you should just put down for the sake of the dog.

I have never advocated our team losing games on purpose. I am today.

Not even a win next Sunday changes that. Because a win next Sunday only prolongs the sham that is the Kubiak era. Take the kids to grandma's house, grab the pistol, have a few last minutes of petting the dog and telling it you love him, and then do what needs to be done.

It's that simple. At some point, you really DO have to trade these few good times we've had with this Kubiak era and just say "You know what? I'm all for seeing what someone else could do in his place. Good or bad, makes no differenc. A change of scenery is needed."
Old 11-02-2010   #983
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

"it's the coach's fault, and the players get a free pass."

Who picks the players?

After 71 games, I think we can get a pretty clear understanding of our head coach. If you need more than 71 games to evaluate a mediocre (at best) coach, then perhaps you should own a football team, too.

There is only ONE player that was here before Kubiak was hired. This team represents Gary Kubiak, from the GM and coaching staff, to the players on the roster, how they play, and the results.

The Texans were 4-3 last year at this point. Treading water. Yay, let's be a mediocre team AGAIN and hope for another winning record! *pom pom shaking*

This is the same old song and dance from Kubiak & Co. Continue to support this garbage if your standards are set for mediocre.

Personally, I don't think Kubiak will ever get this team over the hump. Not this season, not 5 seasons from now. I'm more convinced of this simple fact now more than ever.

Texans fan for life, but I'm not gonna' lie, choking down another mediocre year is pathetic.
Old 11-02-2010   #984
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 75856 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by double barrel View Post
texans fan for life, but i'm not gonna' lie, choking down another mediocre year is pathetic.
^^this

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 11-02-2010   #985
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
"it's the coach's fault, and the players get a free pass."

Who picks the players?

After 71 games, I think we can get a pretty clear understanding of our head coach. If you need more than 71 games to evaluate a mediocre (at best) coach, then perhaps you should own a football team, too.

There is only ONE player that was here before Kubiak was hired. This team represents Gary Kubiak, from the GM and coaching staff, to the players on the roster, how they play, and the results.

The Texans were 4-3 last year at this point. Treading water. Yay, let's be a mediocre team AGAIN and hope for another winning record! *pom pom shaking*

This is the same old song and dance from Kubiak & Co. Continue to support this garbage if your standards are set for mediocre.

Personally, I don't think Kubiak will ever get this team over the hump. Not this season, not 5 seasons from now. I'm more convinced of this simple fact now more than ever.

Texans fan for life, but I'm not gonna' lie, choking down another mediocre year is pathetic.
I'm with ya, DB. I think I might be getting more fed up than a lot of people. I'm tired of spending countless hours studying every facet of this team every year, sweating my ass off at TC and scouting players coming out of College. I'm going to make an effort to pull back the reins on those things and spend more time on life. After recent events, I've found there are more important things I need to worry about.
Old 11-02-2010   #986
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

McNair is not a man who is ultimately passionate about winning a title. At least not for the sake of the title itself. He's man, IMO, who sees winning a title as a way to make MORE money. Every move is reactionary with the trigger getting pulled based on how it makes money or avoids losing money.
I thought McNair had a successful horse racing club or franchise, or whatever you call it.

I thought he was really proud of how well his horse was doing a little while back.
Old 11-02-2010   #987
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I thought McNair had a successful horse racing club or franchise, or whatever you call it.

I thought he was really proud of how well his horse was doing a little while back.
He sold it a couple years ago
Old 11-02-2010   #988
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Gary and Frank both should be fired. Hell, the whole staff should be enough is enough. Every sport begins with coaching and the staff period.
Old 11-02-2010   #989
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 16186 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

i thought i'd sleep on it to calm down after last night but just woke up even more furious.

8 carries in the first half.....
Old 11-02-2010   #990
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 75856 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
i thought i'd sleep on it to calm down after last night but just woke up even more furious.

8 carries in the first half.....

Lol...exactly.....I was even a little snappy when I got to work so I had to check that quick.

Apparently I missed the last debacle of a drive as I passed out with about 5 minutes left in the game....thank God for the human body shutting down after too much alcohol and needing sleep otherwise I would have watched the whole steaming pile of crap to the end like I usually do.

So thank you Shiner for helping to tuck me in before I had to endure that!!

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 11-02-2010   #991
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
The worst thing for this team is that it still manages to win some games and look impressive while doing it.

The running game of Foster/Ward, AJ, Schaub, and the come-from-behind wins vs. the Redskins and Chiefs, are all doing one thing: Preventing Bob McNair from pulling the plug on the Kubiak experiment.

It's sad that a man like Bob McNair has fooled himself into thinking that ONLY when we're 1-15 or 2-14 and the fans are all waving "Fire Kubiak!" signs in the stands during the games that THAT is when he needs to move on.

Right now, McNair ultimately cares about keeping things the way they are. Firing Kubiak would only complicate things. Because Bob runs the risk of making the team worse due to "a rebuilding phase" when what he has right now is at least somewhat tolerable.

He's stringing this out for all it's worth. He's milking the Kubiak cow for as long as he can. In addition, he gets painted by some as being such a loyal, patient man. When in reality, IMO, he's just a business man who likes things to be as predictable and profitable as it can get. If you get something more, then great. If you maintain and keep people int he seats, then that's OK too. But only when he sees half-empty stadiums and the stain of fans wearing paper bags on their heads and a chorus of boos, and the team completely falling apart will Bob McNair make a move.

Because Bob is reactionary, not proactive. And THAT is the exact same thing that Kubiak is. He reacts instead of being proactive. They are a match made in heaven for one another. They share the same gene: Do what you do, minimize volatility and instability, and hope for the best.

Throw in Rick Smith and his penny-pinching contract ways, and it's even worse.

I'm going to go ahead and say it: I hope we lose every game for the rest of the season, and Bob "reacts" by doing what he should have done last year. We need Bob to somehow blindly stumble upon that once-in-a-lifetime head coach that just finds a way to put it together. Whether it happens with the next guy, or the 6th head coach of the Texans, I don't care. But this thing with Kubiak is dead. It's the dog that you think can recover from the sickness, but you know you should just put down for the sake of the dog.

I have never advocated our team losing games on purpose. I am today.

Not even a win next Sunday changes that. Because a win next Sunday only prolongs the sham that is the Kubiak era. Take the kids to grandma's house, grab the pistol, have a few last minutes of petting the dog and telling it you love him, and then do what needs to be done.

It's that simple. At some point, you really DO have to trade these few good times we've had with this Kubiak era and just say "You know what? I'm all for seeing what someone else could do in his place. Good or bad, makes no differenc. A change of scenery is needed."
Do you know what the sporadic success (and it's there) tells me? It tells me that we have some talent and that the systems we have in place on both sides of the ball are at least somewhat viable. This offense (the system) produces results. That's not in question here. This defense, when it goes terribly vanilla can also be somewhat effective. What causes all the problems is the lack of focus and disregard for the basics. Tackling, blocking, "Execution" as Dom Capers would put it. The fact that they're so sloppy and so careless tells me that the players have begun to tune out the coaching. The players will come out and say otherwise but their actions tell another story. They may love playing for Gary but they're not doing what he and his coaches are telling them to do. This staff is losing this teams attention.

Some coaches are good coordinators and not good head coaches. Other coaches can build a team but can't inspire it or lead it anywhere. Some guys are motivators but bad talent evaluators. Coaches come in all kinds of shapes and sizes and colors. This guy (Kubiak) can assemble a team but can't inspire it or take it to the next level. If 5 years of at or around .500 ball don't convince people then I don't know what will.
Old 11-02-2010   #992
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1185 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

What was that quote Pukiak said at the beginning of the season? Something about having the team to take the AFC South from the Colts?

Anyone have that handy?
Old 11-02-2010   #993
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

@ GP

You should bring back that sig (or avatar, forget which one) that was like team logos in space and the lombardi trophy and way off in the distance was the Texans logo and the dad was telling his son "and way over there is our team"

Lol

You remember what I'm talking about? Think it's time to bust that out.

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 11-02-2010   #994
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Just found this on google

LINK to blog its from.
Old 11-02-2010   #995
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Just found this on google

LINK to blog its from.
Old 11-02-2010   #996
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30675 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll put it this way: I'm not breaking out the pink soap quite yet, but I've got the image saved on my computer. There is always a chance, however slight, that this game will be a wake-up call for Kubiak & Co.

But if we don't reach the playoffs with the talent that we have on the field, I may visit Reliant Stadium with a torch in one hand and a pitchfork in the other.
Old 11-02-2010   #997
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
What was that quote Pukiak said at the beginning of the season? Something about having the team to take the AFC South from the Colts?

Anyone have that handy?
Try here. If I had time I gladly would pick through them myself but alas.....

http://www.videosurf.com/gary-kubiak-138676
Old 11-02-2010   #998
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134080 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think it's ridiculous to think you can put a bunch of talented players on the field, & have them improve inspite of coaching.

That hasn't happened in Dallas for years. Sure they got to the play-offs & won a game in the last 13 years, but I'd much rather be where we are right now, than where they are.

It hasn't worked for the Redskins, or the Raiders either.

The Raiders are actually doing more with less right now, because of Cable. That team will see it's share of growing pains.... but things are looking up right now.

If you're seeing improvement on this team, you're seeing improvement in Kubiak.
Sometimes I wonder if you even watch the Texans after reading your posts. You don't ever seem to be accurate about the things that take place on the field and always go into "spin mode" for Kubiak using every effort possible without any real logic that goes back to football or how this team plays. It just seems that way to me. I wonder if you just enjoy being controversial or something, I dunno, but it just never seems to add up.
Old 11-02-2010   #999
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37160 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Sometimes I wonder if you even watch the Texans after reading your posts. You don't ever seem to be accurate about the things that take place on the field and always go into "spin mode" for Kubiak using every effort possible without any real logic that goes back to football or how this team plays. It just seems that way to me. I wonder if you just enjoy being controversial or something, I dunno, but it just never seems to add up.
I gave up on wasting logic on reading TK's posts a long time ago.
Old 11-02-2010   #1000
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1893 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anyone know why I can't change my avatar to something custom? I only have the preset options and nowhere to select my own. Help! I'm trying to join the pink soapers.

Oh also I can't change my signature apparently.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read