Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Platinum & Blue Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2010   #41
bpe3
Veteran

Rep Power: 352 bpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: MNF tailgate

Quote:
tailgates must be taken down prior to kickoff.
This is news to me. Texan Mojo is planning to be there in full effect, but taking it all down by 7:00 PM is going to be a deal killer for us. Screw that.

I have a call into them for more details. I was envisioning more of a tailgate party in the parking lot throughout the game, which would be awesome.

Quote:
We told them we were not competing...
Technically, I didn't say we weren't competing. They said they wanted to have some kind of grilling competition. I told them grilling wasn't our specialty. Drinking beer is our specialty.

bpe3
bpe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010   #42
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: MNF tailgate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG TORO View Post
Yea too much work for just a couple of people, if we hae to break down by 7. I am off now Sat through Wed and if we are going to bail on this I'm seriously considering going to INDY!
What's your e-mail?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010   #43
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpe3 View Post
This is news to me. Texan Mojo is planning to be there in full effect, but taking it all down by 7:00 PM is going to be a deal killer for us. Screw that.

I have a call into them for more details. I was envisioning more of a tailgate party in the parking lot throughout the game, which would be awesome.

Technically, I didn't say we weren't competing. They said they wanted to have some kind of grilling competition. I told them grilling wasn't our specialty. Drinking beer is our specialty.

bpe3
Let me know if you hear something different. They told the wife setup around 2 and break down at kickoff and go inside to watch the game. Maybe it was not a requirement? May be a deal killer for us since many folks cannot arrive until after 6. I need to talk to my folks then we'll call them tomorrow to clarify. I'll post what I hear.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 10-26-2010   #44
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 115090 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Hmm can't we get Gary a fake ID! *GRIN*

He doesn't need one. When he needs a shot, I deflect Andrea another direction and shoot Gary a shot... This has happened!
Old 10-26-2010   #45
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 115090 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

And again Ryan, who is the .5 person????
Old 10-26-2010   #46
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
And again Ryan, who is the .5 person????
Lindsay, who can't be there until after 6.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 10-27-2010   #47
bpe3
Veteran

Rep Power: 352 bpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respected

I just spoke to the boss. No need to break down the tailgate parties at kickoff. Looks like Texan Mojo is GO for lift off.

bpe3
bpe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010   #48
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpe3 View Post
I just spoke to the boss. No need to break down the tailgate parties at kickoff. Looks like Texan Mojo is GO for lift off.

bpe3
We're in
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 10-27-2010   #49
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

I will give a definitive answer tomorrow. I'm leaning against it, (work issues) but I will man-up tomorrow and commit - one way or the other.
Old 10-27-2010   #50
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I have tried to persuade bill that I would pick him up but he is leaning the other way. I can show up whenever and do i need to bring the grill
Old 10-28-2010   #51
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG TORO View Post
Yea too much work for just a couple of people, if we hae to break down by 7. I am off now Sat through Wed and if we are going to bail on this I'm seriously considering going to INDY!
Danny! have you looked at ticket prices? If you find anything reasonable, not in the rafters, let me know. Just a little to pricey for my pocketbook. Guess they're still paying for their new stadium!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010   #52
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Danny! have you looked at ticket prices? If you find anything reasonable, not in the rafters, let me know. Just a little to pricey for my pocketbook. Guess they're still paying for their new stadium!
Im going to the tailgate now, but the best ones that I found were in section 132 row 23 for 140 a piece in lower level.

Here is a link to tickets:http://www.ticketexchangebyticketmas...lis?PID=973614

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010   #53
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Actually I found these at ticket liquadator and they are cheaper, section 152row 29 for 122 a piece here is the link:http://www.ticketliquidator.com/tix/...?evtid=1352888

And Expedia has a Radison for 62 dollars a night, The Radison's I have stayed at have benn pretty decent. It's by the airport and 6 miles from stadium, but for the price you can't beat it.

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010   #54
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

What time do we need to show up
Old 10-31-2010   #55
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 468 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected

How did I miss this thread?

Yankee. I'll be there. See you a little after 6:00? Pub fiction, right?
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010   #56
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

We're setting up around 3. Most folks are coming at 5.

So JUST to spell it out - we want everyone cheering on the Texans at Pub Fiction tonight - but I only bought enough food for the people who e-mailed me last week and only signed up for enough free beer bracelets for those folks.

Just want to make sure there are no hurt feelings due to misundertsandings - If we haven't talked off of here I didn't count you in (all of Blue Crew was invited but I had to get a final head count last week for those who were tailgating for food and free beer bracelets).

The bar, however, has great food and plenty of cold brews and we need to cheer so loud they hear us in Indy.

(I just don't want 20 people showing up thinking I am feeding them and getting them free beer when I don't have any way to do that!)
117 C BullPen
Sigh.

Last edited by Yankee_In_TX; 11-01-2010 at 12:02 PM.
Old 11-01-2010   #57
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
We're setting up around 3. Most folks are coming at 5.

So JUST to spell it out - we want everyone cheering on the Texans at Pub Fiction tonight - but I only bought enough food for the people who e-mailed me last week and only signed up for enough free beer bracelets for those folks.

Just want to make sure there are no hurt feelings due to misundertsandings - If we haven't talked off of here I didn't count you in (all of Blue Crew was invited but I had to get a final head count last week for those who were tailgating for food and free beer bracelets).

The bar, however, has great food and plenty of cold brews and we need to cheer so loud they hear us in Indy.

(I just don't want 20 people showing up thinking I am feeding them and getting them free beer when I don't have any way to do that!)
Send them to the old astroworld lot if they do !!
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010   #58
texan0305
Veteran

Rep Power: 24 texan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
Send them to the old astroworld lot if they do !!

LOL Now that was funny...BTW Ill be out there, not looking for free food or beer just want to hang out with a bunch of Texans fans!!! Dangit im in class and I cant concentrate..all i think about is us putting a whoopin on Indy...the joys of being a senior lol
texan0305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010   #59
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan0305 View Post
the joys of being a senior lol
Then why are you in class? lol!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 11-02-2010   #60
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

OK Yankee... How did it go last night??
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Platinum & Blue Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read