Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2010   #961
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Kubiak took a really bad team and made it into an average/respectable team. 5th year in, and the Texans are still just average. The question is if Kubiak can get the team to the next level.
Old 11-02-2010   #962
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
The bad thing about it is, the defense did its part in the first half. The offense couldn't come through, mainly due to Gary Kubiak forgetting the Colts can't stop the run.
Very reminiscent of the Cowboys game, the 'Skins game, & the KC game.

Actually, even the Raiders game. Our defense is not, & has not been as bad as the stats suggest, they've just been on the field way too long because of our inept offense.
Old 11-02-2010   #963
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3753 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn, I am starting to agree ....... I think Kubiak is inept at being a HC.
Old 11-02-2010   #964
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Smithiak are a good team.

The team has progressed from when they took over.

However it is time the Smith of Smithiak, fires the iak part and brings in someone who can take us from good to great and keep us there.
Old 11-02-2010   #965
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Smithiak are a good team.

The team has progressed from when they took over.

However it is time the Smith of Smithiak, fires the iak part and brings in someone who can take us from good to great and keep us there.
Smowher has a nice ring to it.
Old 11-02-2010   #966
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post
A game like this is inexcusable for Kubiak being in his 5th year as HC. Why we had such a pass heavy gameplan to begin with is beyond me. Everyone knows running the ball is the key to beating Indy. What's worse than the gameplan coming into the game, is Kubiak's inability to make adjustments. Not only was the run game working, the passing game was pathetic. So why in the hell did Kubiak keep on passing. It was almost like Kubiak scripted all 70 plays before the game and refused to change it.

I'm trying to follow Kubiak's logic, and I just can't see it. The gameplan and playcalling tonight was just flat out stupid. He played right into the Colts' hands. He did everything the Colts wanted him to do to tilt the game in their favor. Just pathetic all the way around. This guy isn't a winning head coach. He just knows how to run a gimmick offense that will keep the team in most games.
I put this in the "surely he can't be that stupid" category. It doesn't make sense. You know it, I know it, everybody knows it, so why would we believe Kubiak wouldn't know it?

Think about this.... they've been saying Matt has been given more & more freedom to adjust the plays at the line. What if he is checking to passes after scanning the defense? I remember after one play, Matt went to the sideline, & Kubiak was asking him to explain something. So who knows?

Another thing, with the talent we have on offense (remember we've been saying OD is back for the last two weeks) & the Colts depleted secondary, there is no reason our passing game should have looked so inept. We didn't recognize blitzes, Brown was rusty, & Winston has a lot of explaining to do.
Old 11-02-2010   #967
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

been a big kubiak supporter since day 1 but ive never been madder at him than i am right now after last nights playcalling debacle

what i wouldnt give to be at that press conference asking a few choice questions.. too bad most/all of the guys that are there suck at asking hard questions but if anyone rings 610 this evening please ask this (and phrase it this way since they dont let ranters on):

'coach, how would you evaluate your playcalling last night, especially in the first half, given that arian was running for 6 yds a pop from start to finish as he did in our week 1 blowout, the colts have ferocious pass rushing DE's who were killing the OT's, esp duane & the passing game in general looked out of sync as it has done for much of the season & created huge deficits in 5 out of our 7 games'

not reaching for the pink soap just yet but my hands got alot dirtier during last nights game
Old 11-02-2010   #968
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 18132 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonhed View Post
I disagree strongly with just about everything you've said on the last 2 pages, but I'll respond to this.

The reason most of us want Kubiak gone (at the END of the season) is because we don't think he has shown any signs that he can or will improve in the near or even distant future. It's not like he has been steadily improving. In fact, I doubt if he has improved at all. The team has improved a ton because we have a shitload of talent. And now it's the coaching that is holding back our talent.

The idea that if we just keep him around for another 15 years we will win the Super Bowl 4 times is outright ludicrous. You keep a guy for 20 years if he is a good coach and shows improvement each year. Kubiak is neither a good coach nor does he show improvement each year.

Your blind willingness to keep him forever (based on what, exactly?) is difficult to understand.
This is what will happen with Kubiak: the Texans will HOPEFULLY fire him if we don't make the playoffs this season (looking less likely we'll make it...this loss hurts). He'll go back as an OC, and in a couple of years he'll come back as a HC again somewhere else and be more successful.
Old 11-02-2010   #969
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post

not reaching for the pink soap just yet but my hands got alot dirtier during last nights game
I'm your huckleberry.

Edit: Dropping my Mario Williams avatar for this garbage pink soap. Tells you all you need to know about my feelings on Kubiak.
Old 11-02-2010   #970
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 205206 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

You know, the players always have a lot to do with whether or not a coach has success. You simply can't separate the two. Kubiak's poor decision making, however, has risen above the poor play of the players. The offensive line was doing a poor job of pass blocking last night, especially Brown. But they were doing a good job of run blocking. As a coach, it is your job to figure out what's working and use it to your advantage, and fix what isn't working at halftime, or after the game, or gradually, through a series of calls designed to do that. I was saying last night that I would have been calling almost nothing but runs, screens, and slants in the first half, and on every run play, my directive to the OL would have been to bury Freeney on every play. By the second half, he wouldn't have it in him to put on a pass rush clinic.

Instead, we got what we saw last night, because Kubiak is a freakin' moron. And I don't mean he's dumb - he's obviously smart. I mean he's the kind of smart that can out-think the most obvious, basic answer, and then wonder why the hell it didn't work.

I think Kubiak's coaching career has plateaued here in Houston. He isn't going to improve. Whatever external stimulus is needed to trigger some new learning mechanism for him just isn't happening.
Old 11-02-2010   #971
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
The players must follow the gameplan put down by the coach, and it
definitely was a silly gameplan tonight.
How do you know what the game plan was?

It makes more sense to you that Kubiak called a heavy pass game than it does that Matt checked to pass more after seeing 8 in the box all day?

If it sounds like I'm giving GK a free pass, stop. I'm not. Checking to a pass against what the Colts put out there makes sense to me. Why we couldn't execute..... is on Gary. This is a talented offensive team........ should be a freak'n juggernaught & we can't buy a first down in the first half.
Old 11-02-2010   #972
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 48491 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Our defense is not, & has not been as bad as the stats suggest, they've just been on the field way too long because of our inept offense.

Dude, I like a lot of stuff you usually say, but you have got to get off of this.....it's embarassing.

Last night on MNF it was not on the D's fault, the Offense really blew and the Denny's menu must have been smudged so Kubes was making dumbass calls (example 4th and 2 and we pass when Arian was rushing great).

But seriously man....the Defense is not good man. Look inside yourself, search your feelings, you know this to be true.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
Old 11-02-2010   #973
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonhed View Post
I disagree strongly with just about everything you've said on the last 2 pages, but I'll respond to this.

The reason most of us want Kubiak gone (at the END of the season) is because we don't think he has shown any signs that he can or will improve in the near or even distant future. It's not like he has been steadily improving. In fact, I doubt if he has improved at all. The team has improved a ton because we have a shitload of talent. And now it's the coaching that is holding back our talent.
I think it's ridiculous to think you can put a bunch of talented players on the field, & have them improve inspite of coaching.

That hasn't happened in Dallas for years. Sure they got to the play-offs & won a game in the last 13 years, but I'd much rather be where we are right now, than where they are.

It hasn't worked for the Redskins, or the Raiders either.

The Raiders are actually doing more with less right now, because of Cable. That team will see it's share of growing pains.... but things are looking up right now.

If you're seeing improvement on this team, you're seeing improvement in Kubiak.
Old 11-02-2010   #974
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 18132 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think it's ridiculous to think you can put a bunch of talented players on the field, & have them improve inspite of coaching.

That hasn't happened in Dallas for years. Sure they got to the play-offs & won a game in the last 13 years, but I'd much rather be where we are right now, than where they are.

It hasn't worked for the Redskins, or the Raiders either.

The Raiders are actually doing more with less right now, because of Cable. That team will see it's share of growing pains.... but things are looking up right now.

If you're seeing improvement on this team, you're seeing improvement in Kubiak.
The Raiders are a great example. They are taking the attitude of their head coach "not taking shit from anybody". The Texans are unfortunately taking Kubiak's mindset of being the softest head coach in the league.
Old 11-02-2010   #975
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
been a big kubiak supporter since day 1 but ive never been madder at him than i am right now after last nights playcalling debacle

what i wouldnt give to be at that press conference asking a few choice questions..
Like you would get a straight answer anyway. There is a steel curtain around the locker room. You'll never know what the gameplan actually was, or why it turned out the way it did. Kubiak won't sell his players out, he'll take the blame. The players won't sell Kubiak out, they believe in him.

Schaub was actually asked about the INT Kubiak took credit for, he said, "that's just a coach protecting his player."
Quote:
'coach, how would you evaluate your playcalling last night, especially in the first half, given that arian was running for 6 yds a pop from start to finish as he did in our week 1 blowout, the colts have ferocious pass rushing DE's who were killing the OT's, esp duane & the passing game in general looked out of sync as it has done for much of the season & created huge deficits in 5 out of our 7 games'
You've got to hate Kubiak to think that was his plan. That he wanted to come out unbalanced, that he would ignore something that was working. That he would continue to put Schaub in bad situations.

I don't hate Kubiak, I don't think he's stupid. Something else must have been going on.

I think he's trying to get his QB ready for the play-offs, loosening the reigns. Just didn't work the way we planned & hoped.

Quote:
I hear you. We've still got a long way to go. People don't understand what he means by saying that, but we've still got a long way to go.

The remaining schedule won't make it easy, but I think we'll get there. I saw some good things last night (more bad, no doubt) but I'm feeling better and better about how this team will do once they get to the play-offs.

Which I still think is this year.
Old 11-02-2010   #976
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 205206 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Very reminiscent of the Cowboys game, the 'Skins game, & the KC game.

Actually, even the Raiders game. Our defense is not, & has not been as bad as the stats suggest, they've just been on the field way too long because of our inept offense.
Man, you say some of the most outlandish things ever. This team has never had a top ten defensive unit. Last season, when the offense was rolling, the defense was pretty good at stopping the run, spotty at stopping the pass, and way better than this year's version of D. You could at least make the argument that the D held its own the last 13 games of the season. This year, they suck. There's no getting around it. The reason they're on the field so much is because they don't stop anyone! Last night may have actually been their best game of the season.

The offense is averaging 28:26 in T.O.P. and is a top ten offense in just about every category you could want. Every unit has its off weeks, and this offense has been maddeningly inconsistent, but every defense in the NFL wants a top 10 offense supporting them. So just stop, really.
Old 11-02-2010   #977
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post

Dude, I like a lot of stuff you usually say, but you have got to get off of this.....it's embarassing.

But seriously man....the Defense is not good man. Look inside yourself, search your feelings, you know this to be true.
That's not what I said.

Old 11-02-2010   #978
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys and your pink soap just don't get it, only Tide with Bleach can get out the stain of Kubiak...
Old 11-02-2010   #979
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
You guys and your pink soap just don't get it, only Tide with Bleach can get out the stain of Kubiak...
Au contraire, Mon frere. The pink soap is for blowing shit up.
Old 11-02-2010   #980
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is how I feel about Gary Kubiak right now. Gary Kubiak is that guy that just canít put it all together. Heís the guy that does a lot of things well, but always leaves one loose end that ends up biting him in the ass. Most of us know a guy like him. It may be a good friend or a family member. You know the guy who canít keep a job, or who has a good job but canít pay his bills. He tries hard, has the right intentions, but for some reason canít put the whole package together. Maybe he works hard to fix something, but when he does something else goes wrong. I know a few people like this. They do a lot of thing really good, but they always seem to have some huge issue slowing them down in life. You find yourself wondering how they end up with ongoing issues because they seem like they should have it all together.

IMO, thatís Kubiak as a head coach. Itís always something with his team. The first few seasons he was growing into the job. He had some growing pains that we all expected like clock management and challenge decisions, but it was expected for a new HC. Later those issues got a little better, but then turnovers were an issue. Schaub and Rosenfels were giving the ball away like candy on Halloween, and the defense thought that if they took the ball away they would be convicted for theft. Last season starts, and most of those issues are gone, but now we canít run the ball, and we canít win in our division. Slaton regressed big time, and we went 1-5 in our division. Not to mention that the team only played one good half per game. This year we get a huge win over Indy to start the year, with Foster proving to be the fix to our run game. But now, the defense that looked to be so improved over the last half of last season, has regressed all the way back to being worst in the league. We shored up the run game, but the passing attack from last year is struggling.

Itís just always something with this team. Different season, different crippling issue. Iím really starting to lose faith in Kubiak ever putting it all together. I have had faith in him for so long because he does do a lot of things really well. But until he can cut out the glaring weaknesses that have always plagued this team, the team wonít go any further. Now Iím really starting to lose faith that he do it.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read