Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2010   #921
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 140741 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

this game was 99% on kubiak and the coaching staff.

how do you beat the colts?
you keep manning off the field

how do you keep manning off the field?
you run the ball

what is the colts' weakness on defense?
they're too small to stop the run

what is the colts' strength on defense?
pass rush

how do you neutralize that strength?
you run the ball

how did we beat the colts in week 1?
arian foster ran for 231 yards

how did we beat the colts before arian foster?
ron dayne ran all day

arian foster put up 65 yards in the first half ... ON 8 CARRIES!, while schaub threw 17 times. we lost before this game even started because kubiak out-thought his team ... AGAIN. the entire 2 weeks according to anyone who's watched football should have been finding the best ways to RUN THE BALL! - instead our first drive was pass, pass, pass, sack, punt. i've been maybe his most ardent defender, but i see the flaws in what kubiak does in game design and sunday adjustments. blame it on ignorance, stubbornness, or his tendancies with getting too cute for his team, but kubiak lost this game on offense (especially with poorly designed short passes, like the failed 4th down), and the way our players are taught on defense lost it on that side.

that being said, i'm far from the pink soap because as i've said i think we're just getting started on a great thing, and i think kubiak is the guy we need to turn that into championships. games like today make it harder for me to criticize those who insist it's time for a change however.
Old 11-02-2010   #922
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
I'm just bewildered! Everyone including my dog could see the run working, and we try to get cutsie and pass? This was a victory for us easily if we just stayed with the run... I don't think I could be anymore disappointed
Kubiak was trying to outsmart the Colts. Nice job there, Gary.

As for Kubiak being one to lead a team to championships. His only experience is riding the coattails of John Elway or Steve Young. He hasn't shown he knows how to get a team to play to it's potential.
Old 11-02-2010   #923
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I will hold off on the pink soap until next week barring the results of that game, but i just don't understand it.
If Clark would have been able to play it would have been way worse.
The Chargers will light up the Texans secondary next week. Gates will feast on our guys.

I'd like to know what our turnover ratio is so far this season.
Old 11-02-2010   #924
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 163027 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post

you run the ball

pass rush

you run the ball

ron dayne ran all day

arian foster put up 65 yards in the first half ... ON 8 CARRIES!, while schaub threw 17 times. we lost before this game even started because kubiak out-thought his team ... AGAIN. the entire 2 weeks according to anyone who's watched football should have been finding the best ways to RUN THE BALL! - instead our first drive was pass, pass, pass, sack, punt. i've been maybe his most ardent defender, but i see the flaws in what kubiak does in game design and sunday adjustments. blame it on ignorance, stubbornness, or his tendancies with getting too cute for his team, but kubiak lost this game on offense (especially with poorly designed short passes, like the failed 4th down), and the way our players are taught on defense lost it on that side.

that being said, i'm far from the pink soap because as i've said i think we're just getting started on a great thing, and i think kubiak is the guy we need to turn that into championships. games like today make it harder for me to criticize those who insist it's time for a change however.
Awesome post! Repped.
Old 11-02-2010   #925
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 16186 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

to look like that and come with that type of game plan after a bye-week is just unacceptable.

i TRY to give kubes a chance...i really do, but he lost a lot of supporters tonight.

sorry but 4th quarter comeback heroics and luck are not going to always win.
Old 11-02-2010   #926
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 282867 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:

you run the ball

pass rush

you run the ball

ron dayne ran all day

arian foster put up 65 yards in the first half ... ON 8 CARRIES!, while schaub threw 17 times. we lost before this game even started because kubiak out-thought his team ... AGAIN.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
Kubiak was trying to outsmart the Colts. Nice job there, Gary.
Sometimes being a head coach is easier than he makes it out to be. I mean, you have to be a genius to come up with all the game plans and schemes that Kubiak has. You have to be a genius to build a team from nothing and make it competitive. But you don't have to be a genius to figure out a couple basic things.

Kubiak, you're doing it wrong.

I'm donning the pink soap. I wore it last year, he should have been fired last year, and I'm putting it back up. I am not advocating firing him in mid-season, but I'm wearing it as a clear statement that I have no faith the man can be a successful head coach of this team.
Old 11-02-2010   #927
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
5 years with Kubiak is more than just getting started. Our fans have too low of expectations every year and we are really good excuse makers. You can't take as long as you could in the 70's and 80's to build a team. Teams were mainly built from the draft back then. Players move around so much more in todays NFL. Players bolt for greener pastures unless you can really overpay for them to stay on a losing or mediocre team. Nothing about the Texans attracts players here. They are consistantly mediocre.
Old 11-02-2010   #928
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37218 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

you run the ball

pass rush

you run the ball

ron dayne ran all day

But Gary Kubiak is an offensive genius

Not!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-02-2010   #929
bckey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Sometimes being a head coach is easier than he makes it out to be. I mean, you have to be a genius to come up with all the game plans and schemes that Kubiak has. You have to be a genius to build a team from nothing and make it competitive. But you don't have to be a genius to figure out a couple basic things.

Kubiak, you're doing it wrong.

I'm donning the pink soap. I wore it last year, he should have been fired last year, and I'm putting it back up. I am not advocating firing him in mid-season, but I'm wearing it as a clear statement that I have no faith the man can be a successful head coach of this team.

I donned it last year myself and thought he should have been fired after last season also. I even donned a couple of weeks this year already but damn it sure is a butt ugly avatar.
Old 11-02-2010   #930
PockyAF
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3090 PockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respected

You might think this is a knee-jerk response, but lo behold, if you check out the remaining of our schedule you know this response is perfectly appropriate.

First off, we can barely win at home; and as we witnessed today, we falter against a depleted team on the road. I have a shitty feeling we're about to embark on a 4 game losing streak, reminisce of the "oh no" Nov of 2009. I'm even on the fence about the TEN game at the end of Nov; seeing how VY is still undefeated against us.

I know what you guys are thinking, that "Kubiak's Kids" will finally start to show up when it we're already out of the playoff pictures and rescue Kubiak from the brink of termination, giving Old Man Bob blind faith again.

Well think again, it doesn't get better after the November Execution. We'll be playing @PHI, BAL, @TEN to start of Dec.

We're basically looking at a, at best(IMO), 7-9 season. I fear that Kubiak will once again find some lame excuses to evoke sympathy out of the always gullible, Old Man Bob. Last year, The Brown sisters held the team back, the year before Hurricane Ike pillaged our season, this year we have the #1 SOS.

Welcome to The Suck til 2012. McNair isn't going to fire Kubiak unless he suffers a dismal 2-14-like season like Dum Capers. That's his guy, excuses will always pave the way for a another Kubiak-coach season.

And if those ridiculous Mayans are right, we won't even we freakin' be around after Kubiak contract is up.
Old 11-02-2010   #931
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
to look like that and come with that type of game plan after a bye-week is just unacceptable.

i TRY to give kubes a chance...i really do, but he lost a lot of supporters tonight.

I'm with you. I have really tried hard to be a Kubiak supporter, but games like this drive me crazy. He isn't giving our players the best chance to succeed. Tonight he put Matt Schaub in an extremely difficult position, and Matt wasn't able to handle it. Sure, Schaub is somewhat to blame, but its Kubiak's fault for not helping him out. We should have ran the ball significantly more throughout this game. I, for one, was screaming at the TV all night to run the damn ball.

I am extremely disappointed with Kubiak tonight.
Old 11-02-2010   #932
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 140741 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
5 years with Kubiak is more than just getting started. Our fans have too low of expectations every year and we are really good excuse makers. You can't take as long as you could in the 70's and 80's to build a team. Teams were mainly built from the draft back then. Players move around so much more in todays NFL. Players bolt for greener pastures unless you can really overpay for them to stay on a losing or mediocre team. Nothing about the Texans attracts players here. They are consistantly mediocre.
the steelers and ravens and patriots and colts prove year after year that you do take your time. each team is built almost entirely with their own draft picks and rarely go after major free agents - even after having solid and mature rosters.

i'll rail for days on kubiak's stubbornness and inflexibility when it comes to game management and at times player loyalty. but the best FRANCHISES (not teams, franchises), are those that do exactly what we're doing by sticking with kubiak ... they've just had a couple decades' head start. the constant losers are those with consistant turnover at key positions, free agents, and coaches - even if they sneak in a great season or two.

andre hasnt bolted, nor daniels, nor ryans. we do very well to keep our own under kubiak.
Old 11-02-2010   #933
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 8443 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
the steelers and ravens and patriots prove year after year that you do take your time. each team is built almost entirely with their own draft picks and rarely go after major free agents - even after having solid and mature rosters.

i'll rail for days on kubiak's stubbornness and inflexibility when it comes to game management and at times player loyalty. but the best FRANCHISES (not teams, franchises), are those that do exactly what we're doing by sticking with kubiak ... they've just had a couple decades' head start. the constant losers are those with consistant turnover at key positions, free agents, and coaches - even if they sneak in a great season or two.

andre hasnt bolted, nor daniels, nor ryans. we do very well to keep our own under kubiak.
It's a great point. I think Kubiak has had some serious growing pains. Kubiak is outsmarting himself with a lot of his playcalling. Just stick with what works.

We've built a franchise. To bring someone in would likely cause a lot of turnover to get the players to fit the mold. Kubiak has to stop making rookie headcoaching mistakes. He knows what works, just keep doing it.
Old 11-02-2010   #934
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Foster should not have only had 15 carries in this game. He should have at least at 25. Kubiak, how exactly did you beat the Colts in Week 1? Do you need five months to figure it out because it appears two weeks was not enough.
Old 11-02-2010   #935
Scooter
Funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
Kubiak has to stop making rookie headcoaching mistakes. He knows what works, just keep doing it.
that's exactly it. kubiak is so insistant on going against what works that he hurts us more often than helps. someone take him to vegas and let him lose all his money betting against trends. his thought process appears to be (and obviously not knee-jerk, this has gone on his tenure) - "sure muhammed ali is 25-0, but i'll bet against him because he's eventually going to lose and i'll be right".

there is no more simple game in football than against the colts. you run the ball. end discussion. if you can average even 4 yards, you run 70% of the game or better. dont get me wrong, kubiak coaches and teaches his offense possibly better than anyone else in football, and our success is directly because of how great he is in those areas. complete brainfarts like today dont take away how successful we are on offense with so little spent in terms of picks and free agents and money.

the opposite is true on defense. we've dumbed down the defense so much that it's full circle into confusion by having players required to leave their assignments to protect eachother. steve young - "their defense is so vanilla, i would love to play against the texans every week". i am in favor of pink soap, but it's in regards to defensive coaches. we have ZERO scheme and arent being taught well at all - as exemplified by the progressive decline of every new player. even our rookies regress each season.
Old 11-02-2010   #936
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 10496 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
It's a great point. I think Kubiak has had some serious growing pains. Kubiak is outsmarting himself with a lot of his playcalling. Just stick with what works.

We've built a franchise. To bring someone in would likely cause a lot of turnover to get the players to fit the mold. Kubiak has to stop making rookie headcoaching mistakes. He knows what works, just keep doing it.

Why is Kubiak making rookie mistakes in his 5th year as head coach? He'd be long gone as a player as a 5th year veteran making rookie mistakes that even some of most casual fans could avoid. It used to be frustrating, but now it's just sad.
Old 11-02-2010   #937
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 108546 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

The benefit of a dominate running game is that there is nothing the opposing defense can do to stop it. That is why it is called IMPOSING the run.

But what do I know, I'm not a coach.
Old 11-02-2010   #938
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishman View Post
Why is Kubiak making rookie mistakes in his 5th year as head coach? He'd be long gone as a player as a 5th year veteran making rookie mistakes that even some of most casual fans could avoid. It used to be frustrating, but now it's just sad.
Hell, he'd be long gone on pretty much any NFL team with the results we've had in the past five years.
Old 11-02-2010   #939
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 15483 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

must keep to the script... must keep to the script..
Old 11-02-2010   #940
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post

I've always been a supporter of Kubiak, and will still give him a chance the rest of the year, but he was the sole reason the Texans lost today. Everyone could tell the Colts couldn't stop Foster. So what does he do? He has Matt pass 38 times tonight. Foster averaged 6.8 yards a carry.

Kubiak lost a lot of respect from me with his play-calling tonight.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read