Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2010   #11
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 140741 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

this game was 99% on kubiak and the coaching staff.

how do you beat the colts?
you keep manning off the field

how do you keep manning off the field?
you run the ball

what is the colts' weakness on defense?
they're too small to stop the run

what is the colts' strength on defense?
pass rush

how do you neutralize that strength?
you run the ball

how did we beat the colts in week 1?
arian foster ran for 231 yards

how did we beat the colts before arian foster?
ron dayne ran all day

arian foster put up 65 yards in the first half ... ON 8 CARRIES!, while schaub threw 17 times. we lost before this game even started because kubiak out-thought his team ... AGAIN. the entire 2 weeks according to anyone who's watched football should have been finding the best ways to RUN THE BALL! - instead our first drive was pass, pass, pass, sack, punt. i've been maybe his most ardent defender, but i see the flaws in what kubiak does in game design and sunday adjustments. blame it on ignorance, stubbornness, or his tendancies with getting too cute for his team, but kubiak lost this game on offense (especially with poorly designed short passes, like the failed 4th down), and the way our players are taught on defense lost it on that side.

that being said, i'm far from the pink soap because as i've said i think we're just getting started on a great thing, and i think kubiak is the guy we need to turn that into championships. games like today make it harder for me to criticize those who insist it's time for a change however.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read