Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 10-29-2010   #141
Old School
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 875 Old School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Old School Send a message via Skype™ to Old School
Default Re: Weekly Sit/Start Discussion Thread

Which two RB's do I start? I have Foster, Thomas Jones and Darren McFadden. I am in the NFL.com league.
I really want to start Foster but something in the back of my mind tells me to lay off him this week. Thoughts?
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010   #142
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School View Post
Which two RB's do I start? I have Foster, Thomas Jones and Darren McFadden. I am in the NFL.com league.
I really want to start Foster but something in the back of my mind tells me to lay off him this week. Thoughts?
Foster and DMC.
Old 10-29-2010   #143
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School View Post
You absolutely start Foster. He's matchup-proof at this point and you never bench your studs.

I'd go Foster and Jones.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010   #144
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Sit/start McNabb vs Lions or Kitna vs Jags?
Gotta go with Kitna. McNabb will get yards against the Lions but he's not throwing many TDs this season.
Old 10-29-2010   #145
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Need a little input....

I've assembled a juggernaut of a team in my main money league. It's a 12-team ppr+return yardage league. We start 3 wrs and no flex.

My roster looks like this:

Rodgers/Stafford

Foster
Bradshaw
Hillis
Ward

Roddy
Boldin
Harvin
Malcom Floyd
Evans
McCluster

Cooley
Shiancoe

Pitt D

I'm cruising at 6-1 and have scored the most points by far. However, it looks like my win streak will probably end this week due to week 8 byes (Bradshaw, Hillis, Boldin, White). I knew this week would hurt me, but it's compounded by the injuries to Floyd and McCluster. I've hung on to McCluster for his dual WR/RB eligibility in yahoo leagues and was planning to use him at my RB2 spot this week, but he is likely out this week with a high ankle sprain. I'm starting both Foster and Ward at running back but I have nobody else to start at my third receiver spot alongside Harvin and Evans.

Jacoby Jones is available on the waiver wire, has recovered from his calf injury, and is going to return kicks. Should I drop McCluster for JJ to improve my chances this week, or should I just ride out Dexter's injury and hold on to his upside and dual yahoo eligibility?

Realistically I won't be counting on either one of them as a starter once the byes are finished, but wide receiver depth is critical in this league. Who is the better guy to stash?

TIA.
Old 10-29-2010   #146
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 32050 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
Need a little input....

I've assembled a juggernaut of a team in my main money league. It's a 12-team ppr+return yardage league. We start 3 wrs and no flex.

Rodgers/Stafford

Foster
Bradshaw
Hillis
Ward

Roddy
Boldin
Harvin
Malcom Floyd
Evans
McCluster

Cooley
Shiancoe

Pitt D

I'm cruising at 6-1 and have scored the most points by far. However, it looks like my win streak will probably end this week due to week 8 byes (Bradshaw, Hillis, Boldin, White). I knew this week would hurt me, but it's compounded by the injuries to Floyd and McCluster. I've hung on to McCluster for his dual WR/RB eligibility in yahoo leagues and was planning to use him at my RB2 spot this week, but he is likely out this week with a high ankle sprain. I'm starting both Foster and Ward at running back but I have nobody else to start at my third receiver spot alongside Harvin and Evans.

Jacoby Jones is available on the waiver wire, has recovered from his calf injury, and is going to return kicks. Should I drop McCluster for JJ to improve my chances this week, or should I just ride out Dexter's injury and hold on to his upside and dual yahoo eligibility?

Realistically I won't be counting on either one of them as a starter once the byes are finished, but wide receiver depth is critical in this league. Who is the better guy to stash?

TIA.
Damn this is actually the first I'm hearing about Dexter's injury. I've had him stashed on my money league (ppr, point for every 20 return yards) bench all season and he was just starting to come around.

This could very well be the time to cut him loose especially in your situation. Does your league give a point per 20 return yards? Is Jacoby returning punts and kicks?
Old 10-29-2010   #147
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Need a little input....

Rodgers/Stafford

Foster
Bradshaw
Hillis
Ward

Roddy
Boldin
Harvin
Malcom Floyd
Evans
McCluster

Cooley
Shiancoe

Pitt D

TIA.
you could always just mail it in.

not sure who is available in your league but would look @ the following:
  • Anthony Gonzalez, WR Colts...enough said
  • Mike Williams, WR Seahawks...31 targets last two weeks
  • David Gettis, WR Carolina...late rd. steal out of Baylor

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010   #148
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Thanks, beer, but of those three only Gettis is available. I'm not buying into a guy who has one-week wonder written all over him. He may prove me wrong but I suspect Carolina Steve won't lose his looks and touches to a late-round pick from Baylor.

I like Jacoby's fantasy potential much more than Gettis. The only other FA receivers I'd consider are Anthony Armstrong, Jordy Nelson, and Nate Burleson.
Old 10-29-2010   #149
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
Damn this is actually the first I'm hearing about Dexter's injury. I've had him stashed on my money league (ppr, point for every 20 return yards) bench all season and he was just starting to come around.

This could very well be the time to cut him loose especially in your situation. Does your league give a point per 20 return yards? Is Jacoby returning punts and kicks?
1 pt for every 25 return yards, half-point for every reception. Harvin is particularly valuable to me now because he's touching the ball in so many ways.

Yes, Jacoby will be returning both kickoffs and punts. With the Texans defense sucking balls, he should get a lot of chances in the return game.
Old 10-29-2010   #150
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56771 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

With my #1 back on a bye this week, I've got to choose between Danny Woodhead (vs. GB) or Donald Brown (vs. Us) to be my #2 RB.

Any thoughts?
Old 10-29-2010   #151
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

PPR? Go with Woodhead.
Old 10-29-2010   #152
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 32050 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
1 pt for every 25 return yards, half-point for every reception. Harvin is particularly valuable to me now because he's touching the ball in so many ways.

Yes, Jacoby will be returning both kickoffs and punts. With the Texans defense sucking balls, he should get a lot of chances in the return game.
Yeah, I think Jacoby could have a big week for you, probably worth dropping McCluster.
Old 10-29-2010   #153
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
With my #1 back on a bye this week, I've got to choose between Danny Woodhead (vs. GB) or Donald Brown (vs. Us) to be my #2 RB.

Any thoughts?
I would say Brown is more likely to get you a 1 point game but also more likely to get you a 20 point game. Woodhead has been steadily average.
Old 10-29-2010   #154
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post

Any thoughts?
What's the deal with Donald Brown? Is he going to play? Would anyone consider putting Mike Hart in the flex RB/WR spot or is Brown for sure back?
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010   #155
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
What's the deal with Donald Brown? Is he going to play? Would anyone consider putting Mike Hart in the flex RB/WR spot or is Brown for sure back?
Brown didn't practice yesterday and was limited today. Says he expects to play, likely a game time decision. Either way he's going to split time with Hart.
Old 10-31-2010   #156
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

edit
Old 10-31-2010   #157
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Once again I need help with my team, Lesean McCoy is on a bye so:

I need to pick one RB, my Flex spot and 2 WR's:

RB's are (other than AP):
Hightower
Legarret Blount (picked up on a flier this week to stash on bench)
CJ Spiller (don't know why I have held on to this guy, still holding out hope that he'll get hot later in the season)

Now I thought about dumping Hightower and grabbing our RB Ward for the Indy game. He is going to be spelling Foster and they have a porous run D. Hightower, Blount, and Spiller all have decent matchups if nothing else.

WR's:
Lee Evans (has he awoke from his slumber, Fitzpatrick is hitting a groove)
Calvin Johnson (must start)
Dez Bryant (roller coaster performer w/ a good match up against the jags)
Marques Colston (who knows, finally had a good game last week)
Anthony Armstrong (Skins starting WR opposite of Santana Moss, good matchup vs. the Lions)
Quote:
Right now I am leaning towards:

RB: Blount
Flex: Lee Evans
WR: C. Johnson
WR: Dez Bryant
Okay, I just dropped Hightower and picked up Ricky Williams. Should I start him over Dez Bryant or Lee Evans in the flex?
Old 10-31-2010   #158
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks, beer, but of those three only Gettis is available. I'm not buying into a guy who has one-week wonder written all over him. He may prove me wrong but I suspect Carolina Steve won't lose his looks and touches to a late-round pick from Baylor.

I like Jacoby's fantasy potential much more than Gettis. The only other FA receivers I'd consider are Anthony Armstrong, Jordy Nelson, and Nate Burleson.
damn I may have to use him myself, Jackson & Floyd out, now Deion Branch questionable?

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010   #159
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Bueller?
Old 10-31-2010   #160
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Quote:
Okay, I just dropped Hightower and picked up Ricky Williams. Should I start him over Dez Bryant or Lee Evans in the flex?
I'd probably play Ricky there, but Dez Bryant has a great matchup and he's starting to prove himself as a solid WR3 starter.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read