Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 10-28-2010   #121
Ckw

Default Re: Weekly Sit/Start Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Brees & Ben going head to head this week. Which one to start?
I'd go with Big Ben. With the way that Steelers D is playing right now, I'm not even sure Brees can put up decent numbers against them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Once again I need help with my team, Lesean McCoy is on a bye so:

I need to pick one RB, my Flex spot and 2 WR's:

RB's are (other than AP):
Hightower
Legarret Blount (picked up on a flier this week to stash on bench)
CJ Spiller (don't know why I have held on to this guy, still holding out hope that he'll get hot later in the season)

Now I thought about dumping Hightower and grabbing our RB Ward for the Indy game. He is going to be spelling Foster and they have a porous run D. Hightower, Blount, and Spiller all have decent matchups if nothing else.

WR's:
Lee Evans (has he awoke from his slumber, Fitzpatrick is hitting a groove)
Calvin Johnson (must start)
Dez Bryant (roller coaster performer w/ a good match up against the jags)
Marques Colston (who knows, finally had a good game last week)
Anthony Armstrong (Skins starting WR opposite of Santana Moss, good matchup vs. the Lions)
I think I would go with Blount, Calvin, Colston, and Evans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I got a decision between Dustin Keller, Owen Daniels, and Marcedes Lewis. I am thinking OD had good games vs. Indy.
I predict we run the ball like crazy again. OD could be our main go-to receiver though. Tough call. Keller started out great, and I'd be very tempted to start him though.
Old 10-28-2010   #122
Ckw

So what do you guys think? I need to start two RBs, two WRs, and a flex. My options are:

Arian Foster
Jamaal Charles
Beanie Wells
Mike Tolbert
Calvin Johnson
Brandon Marshall
Wes Welker (has been TERRIBLE)
Mike Wallace
Michael Crabtree
Old 10-28-2010   #123
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
That's your winner right there. Blount is getting more and more workload it seems. Lee Evans is as hit and miss as it gets, but as you said Fitzpatrick is on a roll.

As for CJ Spiller, it's worth noting that Fred Jackson got 23 carries last week. That doesn't bode well for Spiller.
This baffles me. Spiller had 7 carries and averaged 4.7 per. Jackson averaged 3.2 per carry. Why don't they get CJ the ball more? Why use the #9 overall pick on a guy that you aren't going to let touch the ball? Buffalo has got a lot of problems going on over there.
Old 10-28-2010   #124
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
So what do you guys think? I need to start two RBs, two WRs, and a flex. My options are:

Arian Foster
Jamaal Charles
Calvin Johnson
Brandon Marshall
Mike Wallace
That's what I would do.
Old 10-28-2010   #125
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
That's what I would do.
Repped. Appreciate it.

What do you guys think about me dropping Mike Tolbert to pick up Blount? Think I should do it?
Old 10-28-2010   #126
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Repped. Appreciate it.

What do you guys think about me dropping Mike Tolbert to pick up Blount? Think I should do it?
Thanks for the rep and yeah that would probably be a good decision. Tolbert will only have value if Mathews gets hurt again IMO.
Old 10-28-2010   #127
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Arian Foster
Jamaal Charles
Beanie Wells
Mike Tolbert
Calvin Johnson
Brandon Marshall
Mike Wallace
Michael Crabtree
I'd go:

Arian Foster
Jamaal Charles
Calvin Johnson
Brandon Marshall
B. Wells

Is it a PPR league?
Old 10-28-2010   #128
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
That's your winner right there. Blount is getting more and more workload it seems. Lee Evans is as hit and miss as it gets, but as you said Fitzpatrick is on a roll.

As for CJ Spiller, it's worth noting that Fred Jackson got 23 carries last week. That doesn't bode well for Spiller.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I got a decision between Dustin Keller, Owen Daniels, and Marcedes Lewis. I am thinking OD had good games vs. Indy.

I can't argue with DC's logic below, but I just got a feeling OD is going to go off. It's just a hunch though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
That looks like the best bet to me. Colston gets some consideration but he just hasn't been consistent enough this season.

I would ride the hot hand in Wallace.

Daniels looked good against KC but that's the only good fantasy week he has had this season. Lewis lost his starting QB and his backup so there is a lot of uncertainty there.

I would go with Keller for sure.
Old 10-28-2010   #129
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:

Arian Foster
Jamaal Charles
Beanie Wells
Mike Tolbert
Calvin Johnson
Brandon Marshall
Mike Wallace
Michael Crabtree
Bolded for starters, underlined for flex. I'm not sure of Tolbert's status, but I'd lean toward him.
Old 10-28-2010   #130
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Repped. Appreciate it.

Absolutely. While I disagree that Mathews' status makes Tolbert worthless (Tolbert is much better at blitz pickup and pass protection), the name of the game is opportunity and Blount is about to get a lot of it. He is running strong, albeit on a lesser offense, but his upside in the Tampa backfield makes him a waiver-wire hot buy.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010   #131
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

What about Kevin Walter or Danny Armendola?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010   #132
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Ouch, neither one is a particularly good choice. Carolina has a stingy pass defense and Amendola hasn't been targeted heavily as he was early in the season, but I'd lean his way if yours is a ppr or return yardage league. Otherwise I think I'd go with Walter as the Texans will probably lose and need to throw the ball a lot to play catch-up. He might get you a TD.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010   #133
Ckw

If I drop Tolbert and bring in Blount, think Blount is worth starting at the flex?
Old 10-28-2010   #134
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If I drop Tolbert and bring in Blount, think Blount is worth starting at the flex?
I could see this coming despite character issues (reason why never considered him Texan material) he is a dynamic red zone power back. becoming more the feature back on a conservative offense as oppossed to San Diego which throws all caution to the wind & under utilize Tolberts skills to move the chains as a complement to arial attack.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010   #135
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39337 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Sit/start McNabb vs Lions or Kitna vs Jags?
Old 10-28-2010   #136
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Sit/start McNabb vs Lions or Kitna vs Jags?
thats easy one start Kitna

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010   #137
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39337 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
thats easy one start Kitna
Kitna has more weapons to go to than McNabb does.
Old 10-28-2010   #138
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
FWIW I am starting Blount as my 2nd RB.
Old 10-28-2010   #139
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Weekly Sit/Start Discussion Thread

Gaffney, Jacoby or Welker?

(for the records, Welker has sucked the last few weeks)
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010   #140
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Gaffney, Jacoby or Welker?

(for the records, Welker has sucked the last few weeks)
Depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for a possible boom or bust, go with Welker. I have him on my team as well, and he has definitely sucked the last few weeks from a fantasy perspective. But as we saw in week 1, he can really make things happen.

If you are just looking for a consistent, guaranteed 5-8 points, I'd go with Gaffney.

You in a PPR league?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read