Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 10-22-2010   #101
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Weekly Sit/Start Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
I picked up the Rams D because the Steelers were on a bye week and they earned me negative points. I dropped them and now against the Chargers they got 7 sacks and 1 INT so far...amazing.
Rams D kick you in the nuts too?

Kyle Orton vs Oakland or Big Ben vs Miami?
Old 10-22-2010   #102
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 57275 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

1 WR
1 Flex

Who would you fill them with:
Mike Wallace and Hines Ward vs Mia
TO vs Atlanta
Darren McFadden vs Denver
Old 10-22-2010   #103
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217165 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
1 WR
1 Flex

TO vs Atlanta
TO and DMC, pending health. He looks like he'll start, and I know they think Bush is the starter out there, but once DMC starts reminding them what he was doing before he went down, they'll keep feeding him the ball.

TO is always a HR threat, so I'd take that over Ward or Wallace.
Old 10-22-2010   #104
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I need more RB/WR/Flex help, some cast of crappy choices....

I need to start 2 RB's, 2 WR and Flex.

My RB's are set at:
Peterson
L. McCoy

What's left:
Colston
Lee Evans
CJ Spiller
Dez Bryant
Hightower
Anthony Armstrong (just named the starter, I think I am going to go with him for sure)
N. Washington

I guess I have to stick with Colston, and like Armstrong, so really unless there's a compelling reason not to, I just need to fill the flex spot with a RB or WR.

I don't have much faith in the rest of the choices. I wish Calvin Johnson didn't have a bye week. Ricky Williams is out there on the waiver wire but it's a bad week to play him vs. PIT. I might make room for him though, maybe his season will pick up.

I am leaning towards Hightower but might get lucky with Washington, he might be get a TD this week and it is PPR.
Old 10-22-2010   #105
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
1 WR
1 Flex

TO vs Atlanta
I go with Ward not that big ben is back. And then it's a toss up between TO and DMC. I would check the opponent rank (atlanta's pass D and denver's run D) and go from there. And as Eriadoc said, depends on health.
Old 10-24-2010   #106
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Any advice out there?
Old 10-24-2010   #107
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25135 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt Forte or Jamaal Charles? I have Chris Johnson as the other starter at HB.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010   #108
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
Matt Forte or Jamaal Charles? I have Chris Johnson as the other starter at HB.
That's tough. I don't think you can go wrong. I'd use the positional rankings as the tie breaker.
Old 10-25-2010   #109
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 57275 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Good thing I started DMC!
Old 10-25-2010   #110
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Good thing I started DMC!
Yep! Ward had a good game to right?

On Sunday morning I dropped the Chargers defense and picked up the Skins defense. What a great move, those 23 points won me the game!

On another note, who would have thought to start Lee Evans against Baltimore's D? He got 34 points in my league too bad he was on my bench.
Old 10-26-2010   #111
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Brees & Ben going head to head this week. Which one to start?
Old 10-26-2010   #112
gtexan02
Working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Tough call.

How much do you lose for INTs?
Old 10-27-2010   #113
Ckw

Alright, I really don't know what to do. Should I start Wes Welker? My two starting WRs are set with Marshall and Calvin Johnson, but my flex is in flux.

My other options are Mike Wallace (who has scored both weeks Big Ben has been back), Michael Crabtree, and Beanie Wells (who was fairly productive last week).

Welker has been TERRIBLE the last few weeks, and I am a dumb ass for trading for him. What to do, what to do...
Old 10-27-2010   #114
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Tough call.

How much do you lose for INTs?
-2 for each int.
Old 10-28-2010   #115
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Once again I need help with my team, Lesean McCoy is on a bye so:

I need to pick one RB, my Flex spot and 2 WR's:

RB's are (other than AP):
Hightower
Legarret Blount (picked up on a flier this week to stash on bench)
CJ Spiller (don't know why I have held on to this guy, still holding out hope that he'll get hot later in the season)

Now I thought about dumping Hightower and grabbing our RB Ward for the Indy game. He is going to be spelling Foster and they have a porous run D. Hightower, Blount, and Spiller all have decent matchups if nothing else.

WR's:
Lee Evans (has he awoke from his slumber, Fitzpatrick is hitting a groove)
Calvin Johnson (must start)
Dez Bryant (roller coaster performer w/ a good match up against the jags)
Marques Colston (who knows, finally had a good game last week)
Anthony Armstrong (Skins starting WR opposite of Santana Moss, good matchup vs. the Lions)
Old 10-28-2010   #116
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Right now I am leaning towards:

RB: Blount
Flex: Lee Evans
WR: C. Johnson
WR: Dez Bryant
Old 10-28-2010   #117
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I got a decision between Dustin Keller, Owen Daniels, and Marcedes Lewis. I am thinking OD had good games vs. Indy.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010   #118
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Normally it would be a no brainer, and one would expect Brees to bounce back but it's a tough matchup. I think Ben is the safer pick, Saints seem to be in disarray ATM.
Old 10-28-2010   #119
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217165 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post

That's your winner right there. Blount is getting more and more workload it seems. Lee Evans is as hit and miss as it gets, but as you said Fitzpatrick is on a roll.

As for CJ Spiller, it's worth noting that Fred Jackson got 23 carries last week. That doesn't bode well for Spiller.
Old 10-28-2010   #120
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 50432 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post

That looks like the best bet to me. Colston gets some consideration but he just hasn't been consistent enough this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Alright, I really don't know what to do. Should I start Wes Welker? My two starting WRs are set with Marshall and Calvin Johnson, but my flex is in flux.

My other options are Mike Wallace (who has scored both weeks Big Ben has been back), Michael Crabtree, and Beanie Wells (who was fairly productive last week).

Welker has been TERRIBLE the last few weeks, and I am a dumb ass for trading for him. What to do, what to do...
I would ride the hot hand in Wallace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I got a decision between Dustin Keller, Owen Daniels, and Marcedes Lewis. I am thinking OD had good games vs. Indy.
Daniels looked good against KC but that's the only good fantasy week he has had this season. Lewis lost his starting QB and his backup so there is a lot of uncertainty there.

I would go with Keller for sure.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read