Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 10-26-2010   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Rothlisberger for Peyton Hillis??

Romo was my main QB.

I picked up Gradkowski to get me through the Cowboys bye & he's still on my roster. I can pick up Kitna for free. I'm probably going to do that anyway.

I'm thinking Cassell might get hot, & I'm going to try to pick him up on waivers.

Got a guy offering to give me Big Ben for Peyton Hillis.

I can start three Running backs or three Recievers. I've got:
Peyton Hillis, Thomas Jones, Ray Rice, LeSean McCoy, Ryan Torain, Justin Forsett & Julius Jones.

Anquan Boldin, Brandon Lloyd, Malcom Floyd, Pierre Garcon & OchoCinco.
Old 10-26-2010   #2
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rothlisberger for Peyton Hillis??

Take that shit. You need a good QB to win, and you still have two good backs in McCoy and Rice, and a bevy of receivers. Pull the trigger!
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010   #3
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 129410 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Take that shit. You need a good QB to win, and you still have two good backs in McCoy and Rice, and a bevy of receivers. Pull the trigger!
Agreed.

But why do you want Kitna & Cassell? How many qb's can you start?
Brain Cushing
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010   #4
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Id take it, too. Roethlisberger will be on the field a lot with the Steelers defense playing like they have been, and he will put up more points on a consistent basis than anyone else you could probably get. Hillis is a good back but I probably wouldn't start him over Mccoy/Rice if it came down to it, and Boldin has been putting up points, so there are your three.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Agreed.

But why do you want Kitna & Cassell? How many qb's can you start?
I'd more than likely start one or the other depending on the match-ups
Old 10-26-2010   #6
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 129410 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'd more than likely start one or the other depending on the match-ups
You would be much better off starting Ben the rest of the games...imo.
Brain Cushing
Old 10-26-2010   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
Id take it, too. Roethlisberger will be on the field a lot with the Steelers defense playing like they have been, and he will put up more points on a consistent basis than anyone else you could probably get. Hillis is a good back but I probably wouldn't start him over Mccoy/Rice if it came down to it, and Boldin has been putting up points, so there are your three.
I'm countering Hillis for the Titans D..... if he turns me down, I'll take the Rothlisberger deal.
Old 10-26-2010   #8
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm countering Hillis for the Titans D..... if he turns me down, I'll take the Rothlisberger deal.
What? Are you serious? You're trading for the Titans defense? They still have to play us and Indy 2x each

QB is one of the most important positions and Big Ben is a top 10 guy
Old 10-26-2010   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
What? Are you serious? You're trading for the Titans defense? They still have to play us and Indy 2x each

QB is one of the most important positions and Big Ben is a top 10 guy
That's true...

Every defense I play goes to shiz..... so if I get the Titans D..... & we play them...
Old 10-26-2010   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

I'm also trying to trade Brandon Lloyd for Matt Ryan.....

He might want Garcon or Ocho.... who knows, but I think I'll be able to get Ryan.
Old 10-26-2010   #11
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm also trying to trade Brandon Lloyd for Matt Ryan.....

He might want Garcon or Ocho.... who knows, but I think I'll be able to get Ryan.
Really? But Lloyd has been money this year. A top 5 WR. Ryan is worth less than lloyd imo
Old 10-26-2010   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Really? But Lloyd has been money this year. A top 5 WR. Ryan is worth less than lloyd imo
Next to nothing the last two weeks..... I'm thinking the Lloyd bubbles about to pop, trying to cash in.
Old 10-26-2010   #13
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Next to nothing the last two weeks..... I'm thinking the Lloyd bubbles about to pop, trying to cash in.
I think you may be over-thinking things a bit. IMO the Hillis for Ben is your best bet.

Unless you just like making trades for the sake of making trades...

and there's nothing wrong with that!
Brain Cushing
Old 10-26-2010   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
I think you may be over-thinking things a bit. IMO the Hillis for Ben is your best bet.

Unless you just like making trades for the sake of making trades...

and there's nothing wrong with that!
Don't worry about hurting my feelings guys..

If I knew what I was doing, I wouldn't be asking.
Old 10-26-2010   #15
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I would think it would be a no brainer, unless it is a keeper league.
Old 10-27-2010   #16
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 52823 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Take the Big Ben trade and try to land Cassel off waivers.

Don't give up on Lloyd yet, in the last two games he has gone up against Cromartie and Asomugha and he still managed 120 yards.

Never trade for a defense.

Old 10-27-2010   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
Take the Big Ben trade and try to land Cassel off waivers.

Don't give up on Lloyd yet, in the last two games he has gone up against Cromartie and Asomugha and he still managed 120 yards.

Never trade for a defense.

Not even the #1 defense? The Titans are #1 in my league.
Old 10-27-2010   #18
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Not even the #1 defense? The Titans are #1 in my league.
There is not a big enough difference in defenses over the season to make that trade worthwhile.
Brain Cushing
Old 10-27-2010   #19
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Lloyd's injured and looks to be sitting another week at least.
Old 10-27-2010   #20
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 52823 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There is not a big enough difference in defenses over the season to make that trade worthwhile.
Exactly. Maybe if the defense was packaged with somebody or if you were just giving up a run of the mill type player but Hillis is the number 6 RB in the league, and the number 11 overall fantasy player (at least in my money league). I wouldn't trade him for the 85 Bears defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Lloyd's injured and looks to be sitting another week at least.
Not sure where your getting this, there's nothing on espn, rotoworld, yahoo, etc. And what do you mean by another week? He hasn't missed a game this season.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read