Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-30-2010   #121
cc_me
Veteran

Rep Power: 51 cc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Site Donation FYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Are you on shared hosting? The only way to run a smooth board is run your own box. However without donations it is a big ticket to shell out each month. Do you do advertising or anything else to help with costs?
The owner runs all his own stuff, And advertising dollars dried up considerably. See, the Raider Nation is world wide. Our fans aren't at all in any one geographical area so there isn't any local advertisers. Anyway some thing will happen. That I know. Btw, winning cures EVERYTHING. I hope we find a cure soon ;-)
Old 09-30-2010   #122
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88339 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_me View Post
The owner runs all his own stuff, And advertising dollars dried up considerably. See, the Raider Nation is world wide. Our fans aren't at all in any one geographical area so there isn't any local advertisers. Anyway some thing will happen. That I know. Btw, winning cures EVERYTHING. I hope we find a cure soon ;-)
You could send us a 2nd round draft choice for Steve Slaton and have folks advertise on the football. As he fumbles it and it rolls around the field with millions of people reading the advertising, that could bring you all sorts of income. BTW, thanks in advance for the draft pick.
Old 09-30-2010   #123
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 52985 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
advertising dollars dried up considerably.
Advertising dollars? What is that?
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010   #124
cc_me
Veteran

Rep Power: 51 cc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Advertising dollars? What is that?
I meant pennies, lol.
Old 09-30-2010   #125
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 52985 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I meant pennies, lol.
Yeah, that is what we got when we did Google ads. The only advertisers willing to pay any real money are sports gambling outfits. However I don't agree with sports gambling so I always refuse them.
Old 10-05-2010   #126
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Found out yesterday that I get to keep my job, yay! Company just went through a bit of a downsizing, so it's a relief to know I'm staying put. Threw some cash in the donate pile, and now for some Big League Chew!
Old 10-06-2010   #127
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Just sent over 10 dollars. Sorry it wasn't more, but being a college student I have to save some of my money for food!
Old 10-06-2010   #128
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
Just sent over 10 dollars. Sorry it wasn't more, but being a college student I have to save some of my money for food!
You chose food over football!?!
You need to rethink your priorities!!

Old 10-07-2010   #129
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 41206 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

I kicked in some extra money I had in my Paypal account. It's not much, but at least I'm not a freeloader anymore.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010   #130
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 41206 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

So am I ever going to get my name in green?
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010   #131
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 14981 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
maybe
Old 10-11-2010   #132
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88339 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
Not sure but I think you have to be considered a regular contributor.
Old 10-26-2010   #133
ZachLV27
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 ZachLV27 is a quality contributor and well respectedZachLV27 is a quality contributor and well respectedZachLV27 is a quality contributor and well respectedZachLV27 is a quality contributor and well respectedZachLV27 is a quality contributor and well respectedZachLV27 is a quality contributor and well respectedZachLV27 is a quality contributor and well respectedZachLV27 is a quality contributor and well respectedZachLV27 is a quality contributor and well respectedZachLV27 is a quality contributor and well respectedZachLV27 is a quality contributor and well respected

I know you possibly already know about this Hookem, but the Titans side of this board did a little money gathering this weekend through pledges. The pledges were contingent on things like $5 per Titans TD.

http://www.titanstailgate.com/forums...s-money-for-TT

It was a little added fun to go along with donating the money.
ZachLV27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010   #134
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 25411 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachLV27 View Post
I know you possibly already know about this Hookem, but the Titans side of this board did a little money gathering this weekend through pledges. The pledges were contingent on things like $5 per Titans TD.

That is a pretty cool idea! We should do the same here...
Old 10-26-2010   #135
Old School
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 875 Old School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Old School Send a message via Skype™ to Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
That is a pretty cool idea! We should do the same here...
Would that be for every touchdown we score or give up? I can't afford it if we are talking about what we give up!
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010   #136
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachLV27 View Post

Actually I did not know about that. I saw some donations come from that side however I thought Yvette was doing her annual cracking the whip over there. That's actually pretty cool and to think I was cussing after every Titans TD ... lol.

What we can do on this board is donate $1 for every passing yard given up by our defense. The better our defense does, the less everyone pays! How about that?

We can start this Monday night vs Payton!
Old 10-26-2010   #137
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 25411 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School View Post
Would that be for every touchdown we score or give up? I can't afford it if we are talking about what we give up!
The way they did it over there was each person made a pledge amount for whatever. Some pledged X amount for each sack, turnovers, TD's etc...

A lot included bonus donations for a win.

For instance, one could pledge $5 for each sack, $5 for each turnover and an extra $25 if we win.

Just an example.

I think they raised a nice chunk of change for Kevin.
Old 10-26-2010   #138
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Actually I did not know about that. I saw some donations come from that side however I thought Yvette was doing her annual cracking the whip over there. That's actually pretty cool and to think I was cussing after every Titans TD ... lol.

What we can do on this board is donate $1 for every passing yard given up by our defense. The better our defense does, the less everyone pays! How about that?

We can start this Monday night vs Payton!
Can we deduct $1 for each passing yard Schaub has?
Old 10-27-2010   #139
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll take the 5 bucks per int. God knows we are allergic to play making.
Old 10-27-2010   #140
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I would definitely participate in a matching program. If we do it, I would recommend we keep it simple to maybe one offensive and one defensive stat per game. Perhaps the metrics are something that is voted on based on our member's dialogue on keys to the game.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read