Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2010   #881
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 60013 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Just when you thought you were out... they pull you back in.
I dropped out during the offseason with the intention to keep my peace until the bye week. I see the same petty stuff being posted. Some stuff never changes.

As far as the Texans - quite the roller coaster this year. Not too much change. I think that goes on a different thread though.
Old 10-21-2010   #882
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139057 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Old 10-21-2010   #883
Lucky

Rep Power: 181825 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
As far as the Texans - quite the roller coaster this year. Not too much change.
In case you haven't heard, the Texans have turned the corner.

Only to find another corner. I guess this was harder than they thought.

Old 10-22-2010   #884
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Ok Mr Texans fan.... for your next reading lesson.

When a question begins with "if" you should respond to the following words as though they are true. You don't counter with a scenario that doesn't address the premise of the argument.

And you certainly don't interject your own "if" statement.. "because if you are forced to pass..."

It's selfish, self-centered, and arrogant.

Not prose.... not counter point... arrogant.
He didn't abandon the run down 14 to the 3rd best run d, why would he vs the Colts?
Old 10-22-2010   #885
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
He didn't abandon the run down 14 to the 3rd best run d, why would he vs the Colts?
Again, it doesn't matter how it's done. The question is if we come back from a 21 point deficit to beat the Colts, how would you feel?

It was asked in response to this statement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I am really hoping this team comes out and does not look flat after the bye week...

I can't even really imagine how the rest of the season is going to go...

My honest opinion is that we are going to look bad against the Colts after the bye, but I really, really hope I'm wrong...
Old 10-22-2010   #886
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Again, it doesn't matter how it's done. The question is if we come back from a 21 point deficit to beat the Colts, how would you feel?

It was asked in response to this statement:
If we came back from 21 down to beat the COlts my head may explode. I was yoked Sunday, but to get the drop on the COlts would freakin rock.
Old 10-22-2010   #887
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate this thread and I hate that it keeps making the front page. I keep thinking that visiting fans must get such a great impression of Texans fans by reading this thread.

Sigh. and now I have contributed to the mess. :justshootme:
Old 10-22-2010   #888
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
If we came back from 21 down to beat the COlts my head may explode. I was yoked Sunday, but to get the drop on the COlts would freakin rock.
I gotcha..

But I wonder how it must feel for Colts fans, to spot us 21 points, then have them come back to win. I'm sure even Week 1, they felt we would shoot ourselves in the foot, & lose the game.

I'm glad that didn't happen.

I'm also perfectly satisfied with getting an early lead, & holding on to it.

But a W is a W...... especially against the Colts.
Old 10-22-2010   #889
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 139057 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
I hate this thread and I hate that it keeps making the front page. I keep thinking that visiting fans must get such a great impression of Texans fans by reading this thread.

Huh?? I love this thread!!
Old 10-22-2010   #890
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 143421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Huh?? I love this thread!!
Like a severe case of crotch rot
Old 10-22-2010   #891
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Like a severe case of crotch rot
Old 10-22-2010   #892
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 260379 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post

LOL, thanks for the bump.

I've grown quite fond of this thread. It's the new "Carr Wars" thread.
Old 10-22-2010   #893
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I am really hoping this team comes out and does not look flat after the bye week...

I can't even really imagine how the rest of the season is going to go...

My honest opinion is that we are going to look bad against the Colts after the bye, but I really, really hope I'm wrong...
Don't we all, my friend. Don't we all.
Old 10-27-2010   #894
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry to bump the thread, but I did not know where else to put this article. I figured it would eventually be merged with it, so might as well.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...-to-his-roots/

Anyways, does anyone remember when Kubiak was in his first year, I think, the Texans were were in the close game until the end, and before the offense or defense went onto the field, Kubiak pulled the team aside and gave them a talk? I remember the announcer at the time commending Kubiak for it and saying thats what the young team needed. I want to say it was the Colts, but the picture makes it seem it was the Browns. It has been something that has stuck with me. I just thought yall might remember when and what game.

Yall can commence with the
Old 10-27-2010   #895
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Thank God we are 4 and 2, else we might see a fire Bob thread
Old 10-27-2010   #896
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 88277 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
Sorry to bump the thread, but I did not know where else to put this article. I figured it would eventually be merged with it, so might as well.

Anyways, does anyone remember when Kubiak was in his first year, I think, the Texans were were in the close game until the end, and before the offense or defense went onto the field, Kubiak pulled the team aside and gave them a talk? I remember the announcer at the time commending Kubiak for it and saying thats what the young team needed. I want to say it was the Colts, but the picture makes it seem it was the Browns. It has been something that has stuck with me. I just thought yall might remember when and what game.

I was hoping this would slip quietly through the night and be gone from the front page by morning, but alas! You have been nailed by Joe Texan, so now the must commence!
Old 10-28-2010   #897
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

I say this:

FIRE JB, FIRE JB!!!!

Old 10-28-2010   #898
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 103672 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I say this:

FIRE JB, FIRE JB!!!!

I will reserve judgement on that until I see first hand how angry he gets at press conferences (enough but not too much), and the size of his Denny's menu (it can't be so big that it makes me feel bad about myself).
Old 10-28-2010   #899
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 88277 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I say this:

FIRE JB, FIRE JB!!!!

No one else would take my job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
I will reserve judgement on that until I see first hand how angry he gets at press conferences (enough but not too much), and the size of his Denny's menu (it can't be so big that it makes me feel bad about myself).

I gotta mean lower jaw and can podium tap with the best of em. My menu is all computerized and disguised as a Penthouse mag.
Old 10-28-2010   #900
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 160520 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post

Please for give the offtopic question, but when did Rocky Mountain News come back? There was a big deal about it's demise. I guess they were just talking actual paper circulation(?).

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read