Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2010   #841
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
The Colts are the Colts. The Texans are the Texans.
The Texans have YET to prove they belong on the same FIELD as the Colts.
MNF is a huge game. The Texans must win this division, before they win
new believers. MNF will go a long way to show "where this team's 'hoyt' is at!"
You may be the only person on this board who believes the Texans don't belong on the field with the Colts.

& I don't care about them other motherhuggers.

You keep turning my point around, I'm not arguing that the Texans are the Colts.

I'm not arguing that Monday's game is not huge. I'm not arguing don't need to win the division, or need new believers.
Old 10-19-2010   #842
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Well Kubiak isn't eager to improve the team by making any moves at the deadline, this could make or break his job.
Old 10-19-2010   #843
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
All that proves is that all 3 teams are in the same boat and better change some things.

Division by division.

New England - Miami and NYJ are right there and have much better defense. Think New England comes out 1st or 2nd in that if they don't change things?

Washington - Really think they are gonna keep winning and are not a fluke?? I mean like for real, for real? Not to even mention division with Eagles and Giants.

Houston - We all know our division and we all saw bumblescum mountain whoop JAX last night. So, no need to break down the obvious.
Tennessee, Houston & Jacksonville have had better defenses than the Colts for some time now. Hasn't really changed who sits on top of the division very often (only once really). Contrary to popular belief, the division is decided by the 10 games played outside the division more than the 6 division games. You could lose all six & still potentially win the division.

I remember one year the Cowboys were 6-0 in the division, but were the Wildcard & Washington (3-3 in the division I think) was the division champ.
Old 10-19-2010   #844
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
No worries. Gives us something to talk about.

But, even in that post, I'm saying our best defense is our offense. Our D is suspect for all the reasons mentioned already. We have work to do on our D...... eventually we should be able to expect them to win a few games for us.

I'm just saying they have never been that for us. Not even last year, when their stats were crazy over the last 13 games. The offense did it's thing, which allowed our guys to go 100% in short bursts...
You have a good point, and like you said, something to talk about and it certainly makes me think from different perspectives. That's a good thing.

Jen mentioned in her thread about scripting plays. Do you think this contributes to the offense's slow start? As I understand the concept of scripting to be somewhat more reactive in that you're seeing what the defense has planned for, but does this limit the ability to adjust early in the game?

Three aspect of the WC offense that I've noticed are scripting plays to start the game, 80% or better for TDs in the red zone, and close games that come down to the end. This is exactly what we saw last week in the Chiefs game, and comes from the Bill Walsh tree of coaching.
Old 10-19-2010   #845
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Jen mentioned in her thread about scripting plays. Do you think this contributes to the offense's slow start? As I understand the concept of scripting to be somewhat more reactive in that you're seeing what the defense has planned for, but does this limit the ability to adjust early in the game?
The way I see scripting plays, is more about defining a game plan and sticking to it. Not allowing short term information to affect long term thinking.

It is flexible enough to adjust to the situation, but the script keeps you on schedule.

I think the slow starts have been about JJ droping balls... OD not being 100% & things like that. JJ getting more snaps than Anderson... actually running the ball.

I put a little of that on Matt & Knapp, 6 games into the season, you'd think they have a pre-game warm-up routine that works... a little on Kubiak/Dennison..... let's get a script that works for #8... & JJ , catch the damn ball...
Old 10-19-2010   #846
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think the slow starts have been about JJ droping balls... OD not being 100% & things like that. JJ getting more snaps than Anderson... actually running the ball.
What's with the DA love I hear so many people with? As a punt returner,
he's a disaster. In a situation where you need a touchdown or big play
to finish a drive, he's a disaster. JJ gets no credit at all when compared
to DA, and I don't get it.
Old 10-19-2010   #847
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

DA is white.

Old 10-19-2010   #848
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
DA is white.
That must be why the Texans suck... too many racists on the team & coaching staff....
Old 10-19-2010   #849
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
What's with the DA love I hear so many people with? As a punt returner,
he's a disaster. In a situation where you need a touchdown or big play
to finish a drive, he's a disaster. JJ gets no credit at all when compared
to DA, and I don't get it.
I love JJ. I was arguing he should be our #2, but DA was another safety blanket for Schaub on third downs.
Old 10-19-2010   #850
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
That must be why the Texans suck... too many racists on the team & coaching staff....

Yea, start ANOTHER FIRE BUSH thread immediately!! Our d sucks because he is BLACK!! Geeeeezzzz!! I have bronchitis, need a hot tottie and a good movie! Chat with all you "racist" later!!!
Old 10-19-2010   #851
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

OMG, he's black! I never noticed.

Old 10-19-2010   #852
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Yea, start ANOTHER FIRE BUSH thread immediately!! Our d sucks because he is BLACK!! Geeeeezzzz!! I have bronchitis, need a hot tottie and a good movie! Chat with all you "racist" later!!!
Meh, she must be black too.

Old 10-19-2010   #853
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think it's pretty evident what they need to be concerned with.
YUP!! The lines at the escalator are way too long. I'm getting older and older and walking up the ramps is starting to kick my butt!
Old 10-19-2010   #854
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Know why I came to this thread? 'Cuz I heard in another thread that this is where everybody's fighting rampantly.

Problem is I don't know whether to say "Fire Kubiak!" or "Keep him" to piss people off.

Old 10-19-2010   #855
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Know why I came to this thread? 'Cuz I heard in another thread that this is where everybody's fighting rampantly.

Problem is I don't know whether to say "Fire Kubiak!" or "Keep him" to piss people off.
Either way you can piss off a lot of people. If you want to get everyone, just say
"Fire Kubiak" and "Promote Bush" and "Bring back Casserly". That ought to do it.
Old 10-19-2010   #856
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 78568 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'm pretty sure if you go one way or the other, you've got your bases covered

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
Old 10-19-2010   #857
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Bring back Casserly!

Old 10-19-2010   #858
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 231518 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Prior to the season, there were some guys who said that the W/L record was the only stat that mattered and Kubes should be fired because of his W/L record.

We're 4-2.

Now some of those same guys are saying that the W/L doesn't matter because of what our W/L record will be in the future because of how bad our defense is. Well, that's the future.

This team has shown that it's got the guts to keep fighting and scratching and clawing for 60 minutes until they pull out the win. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

But, come on, at least wait until we're out of the playoff picture before bringing this BS back up. We have to go 1-5 over the next 6 games to reach Dexman's dreaded 5-7. And we might just do that. We have to play some good teams. But don't try to be a fortune teller about it. Give the team a chance to decide for itself what its freaking record is goign to be.
Old 10-19-2010   #859
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
But, come on, at least wait until we're out of the playoff picture before bringing this BS back up. We have to go 1-5 over the next 6 games to reach Dexman's dreaded 5-7. And we might just do that. We have to play some good teams. But don't try to be a fortune teller about it. Give the team a chance to decide for itself what its freaking record is goign to be.
You know, I don't even mind the fortune tellers. Their opinions are just as valid as mine.

But the way they want to treat the situation, as if Kubiak has already failed, as if this team has already missed the play-offs, as if we've already lost 7 games.

Old 10-19-2010   #860
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Casserly always favored D players.

Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read