Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2010   #801
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 64539 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
First, we gotta stop giving Chris Carter credit for "C'mon Man!!" That's Keyshawn's thing.
Actually, the originator of that was Joey Porter in the locker room post game one time. Remember, that was the game where he legally nailed Peyton Manning (or Tom Brady, one of the two but I think Manning) and he got flagged for it. After the game he was on a rant about that call and busted out with the first C'MON MAN.

I like CC's version of it better than Key but I digress.

Infantry - I know no one is saying that the D is great the way it is. But some sure are spinning as hard as possible that it's not THAT bad when it in fact is beyond THAT bad.

There is nothing to spin with this D and the skin of the Texans teeth only wins so many games throughout a year. That's all I'm saying.

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 10-19-2010   #802
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39337 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Smith and Kubiak also bother me by not pulling the trigger on many trades I am not a cool aid drinker.
Old 10-19-2010   #803
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

It seems with the trade deadline pending, no rumors on the horizon, a second half of the season schedule that's just brutal, and Kubiak continually stating that we're going to play with the guys we've got that he is intent and content on going down with the ship. More power to him, he can't be gone fast enough for me. Let's hope that McNair has learned enough to find a good head coach next time.
Old 10-19-2010   #804
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I do. Not to mention names, but the member's name rhymes with schmunderkyss.
Is that similar to fumundakyss?
Old 10-19-2010   #805
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
There is nothing to spin with this D and the skin of the Texans teeth only wins so many games throughout a year. That's all I'm saying.
Sure. Odd but the 3 worst D's in the league right now have a combined record of 11-6 and the lowest that loss number could be was 3 since there have been three games against each other.
Old 10-19-2010   #806
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 114917 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Look on the bright side... if Kubes rides the Flaming Peteys to another January at home atleast he left a lot of talented TEs for Bill Cowher to work with.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Old 10-19-2010   #807
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 64539 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Sure. Odd but the 3 worst D's in the league right now have a combined record of 11-6 and the lowest that loss number could be was 3 since there have been three games against each other.
And the Chiefs started at 3-0. The Bucs went into Cincy and got the W and SF who should have been by default the division winner with all that garbage out there are 1-5 with St Louis near the top of the division...

Sometimes the NFL is crazy, hardly what I would bet on a consistent basis though.

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 10-19-2010   #808
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Sometimes the NFL is crazy, hardly what I would bet on a consistent basis though.
Certainly nothing to base predictions on. But the NFL is crazy that way. I bet .0000001% of people would have given the Texans a snowball's chance if you told folks Peyton was going to hang 500 yds passing on them.
Old 10-19-2010   #809
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Stat of the week:

The SD Chargers have the #1 ranked defense AND the #1 ranked offense and are 2-4.

Our defense is good enough to win games at this point. We're 4-2. They may be awful, but record is what it is.
Old 10-19-2010   #810
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Now the record doesn't count.

Every Texans fans is extremely happy that they are 4-2. Some of us are looking at this defense (On track to be possibly the worst ever in NFL history against the pass) and then looking at the remaining games on the schedule and we see big trouble. The Titans and Colts have the same record as the Texans as well. The Texans have never had a winning record in their own division under Kubiak. I don't see how they can pull 6 wins out of the remaining 10 games which is what they will likely need to make the playoffs. I'm sorry if that sounds negative but this defense is that bad unless you are watching through TK's glasses.

It will take a good move before the trade deadline today or a miracle street free agent pickup to save this season. Kubiak's kids just aren't getting it done on defense.
Old 10-19-2010   #811
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
Look on the bright side... if Kubes rides the Flaming Peteys to another January at home atleast he left a lot of talented TEs for Bill Cowher to work with.
I guarantee you the Texans will play in January!!
Old 10-19-2010   #812
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Quote:
I bet .0000001% of people would have given the Texans a snowball's chance if you told folks Peyton was going to hang 500 yds passing on them.
Absolutely. But if you were the coach, how many times would you play with fire like that?

Not many I'd guess. But instead of making changes it seems we are going to just stand pat and spin the situation. Now we could come out and have some changes made we were unaware were being done right now or the D could somehow magically turn around by itself......but we are already 6 games deep and I don't see that happening.

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 10-19-2010   #813
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
It seems with the trade deadline pending, no rumors on the horizon, a second half of the season schedule that's just brutal, and Kubiak continually stating that we're going to play with the guys we've got that he is intent and content on going down with the ship. More power to him, he can't be gone fast enough for me. Let's hope that McNair has learned enough to find a good head coach next time.
If I were a head coach, I would be begging my GM to be working his butt off to get someone in here who can help.

However, when asked by the media, I'm going to say, "We believe the guys on our 53 can get it done. It's my job to make sure that happens."

I don't want the guys on the 53 to be looking over their shoulder, until Asomugha walks into the locker room.

I think it's pretty evident what they need to be concerned with.
Old 10-19-2010   #814
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Stat of the week:

The SD Chargers have the #1 ranked defense AND the #1 ranked offense and are 2-4.

Our defense is good enough to win games at this point. We're 4-2. They may be awful, but record is what it is.
That's a major point I've been trying to stress. We've played good D before, we've played good offense (most of the time) but we found ways to lose.

The 53 guys we've been putting on the field..... regardless who they were, have found a way to win games. & it hasn't been the offense saving the defenses butt, or the defense saving the offenses butt..... it's been team wins.

How can we be upset with that?

Oh yeah, throw the Cowboys up there with the #3 offense, & the #4 defense, & the 1-5 record looking up at the NFC East.
Old 10-19-2010   #815
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39337 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Capers was here for four seasons. 4-12, 5-11, 7-9, 2-14.

This is Kubiak's fifth season as HC.

I said it before the season started and I'm sticking to it: I reserve judgment on Kubiak until the season is over.

While I certainly understand the frustration in this thread about the inconsistent football that we are witnessing, I'm not going to lie, 4-2 feels great!!!

The Texans snatched victory from the jaws of defeat yesterday, and like most every other Texans fan, I thought we were going to lose for 59 minutes and 32 seconds. But man, you've got to give credit where it's due, and both the players and coaches showed us something that this franchise is not known for: resilience.

Who knows what the future holds, but I do know that we - as fans - should sit back, take a breather on the bye-week, and just enjoy 4-2 right now.
The Cheifs lost the game with a comeback by the Texans but if the D continues to stink then after the bye things will get ugly.
Old 10-19-2010   #816
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
That's my point, right there in bold!!! Some people aren't happy unless they're miserable. The defense sucks!! Gary Kubiak sucks!! Andre Johnson, well nevermind there!!! The cheerleaders suck and not in the good way. It matters not!! Because a win is a win is a win... Unless you're Texan fan, then it's a win is a whine is a whine!!!

What? I don't know our defense sucks? I've been preaching defense since the days of Sharper, Glenn, Coleman, Payne and Gary Walker!!! I can admit that.

Some people ***** to hear themselves ***** or at least wanna make themselves out to be some self-professed genius. These are the same people that tell you stats are for losers, but when those stats are negative, they are the first ones to bring it up..

The only stats that matter are:
4-2
#1 in the AFC South.

Thank G*D I'm going to Ren Fest this weekend!! I need a weekend away from the geniuses around here.
Quote:
This is the frustrating hypocrisy. Of course analyzing the team is the main purpose of this MB but many of the naysayers last year called any attempt to analyze and see improvement drinking koolaid, being a homer, making excuses because all that mattered was the record. Now the record doesn't count.
Quote:
I don't see people claiming the D is just hunky dory.
Geez, no one, at least that I have read, is saying the record doesn't count. But guess what guys? The season doesn't end after 6 games. 4-2 is great! I am thrilled!

But if all of you recognize that the D looks like shit, then how can you be overly optimistic about the next 10 games? This defense is the worst defense in the entire league. We can't reasonably expect our offense to continue getting lucky and making huge plays at the end of games to keep us winning. It simply isn't realistic.

But go on. Continue celebrating the fact that we are 4-2. I am happy too. I'm also a realist and recognize we can't continue doing the things that we have been doing. We can't continue giving up 410.5 yards per game, 306.2 passing, and 27.8 points per game. The teams we are surrounded by (Detroit, Oakland, Arizona, Buffalo, Jacksonville, and Denver) are a combined 11-23. Good company.

Old 10-19-2010   #817
Ckw

Quote:
Worst D's by what standard? Points allowed seems like the measuring stick and by my math, not including us, the worst defensive teams in the league are a combined 11-23. Nice spin though.

Old 10-19-2010   #818
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
I'm sorry if that sounds negative but this defense is that bad unless you are watching through TK's glasses.

It will take a good move before the trade deadline today or a miracle street free agent pickup to save this season. Kubiak's kids just aren't getting it done on defense.
I've made the argument several times, that if our offense gets us a lead early in games, that will allow our defense to fly after the ball carrier, and put some serious stops on our opponents. So far this season, we haven't given up more than 3 points when the offense held the ball more than 4 minutes.

Using game data that is available all over the place, shoot holes in that theory.

I don't understand why the game day thread of the NYGiants game go on & on about great hits our D got on Eli, talk about Antonio (or whoever) chasing Manning out of the pocket, but when the final whistle blows, and the final score is 34-10... everyone starts believing we couldn't pressure Manning at all. They forget that we opened the second half forcing the Giants to go three & out on their first possession, forced an INT on the second possession, & forced an INT on the third possession putting our offense on the 17 yard line which led to the only touchdown they scored on 13 possessions.

On the Giants first offensive possession, they totaled a negative 3 yards of offense.

I'm not talking about good defensive possessions, I'm talking about outstanding defensive possessions.

Looks more like a consistency issue, than a talent issue. That's all I'm saying.
Old 10-19-2010   #819
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
The Cheifs lost the game with a comeback by the Texans but if the D continues to stink then after the bye things will get ugly.
How many times have people said that about the Colts?

They beat the Texans with an ugly 4th Qtr miracle. If that defense keeps playing like that, they won't make it to the post season.
Old 10-19-2010   #820
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Worst D's by what standard? Points allowed seems like the measuring stick and by my math, not including us, the worst defensive teams in the league are a combined 11-23. Nice spin though.
The common measuring stick used by every commentator around for O's, D's, QB's, RB's, etc. is yards and that's what I used. You might notice it is the default sorting criteria on the stat sites. But I guess Schaub wasn't really the "leading passer" last year because he didn't have the most passing TD's and CJ wasn't the "leading rusher" because he didn't have the most rushing TD's. You want to add in the scoring comparison fine but using the most common standard isn't spin.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read