Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2010   #781
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

4-2 is nice. Unchartered waters and porous defense or not, it feels good
Old 10-18-2010   #782
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
4-2 is nice. Unchartered waters and porous defense or not, it feels good
This. It is amazing that people have said for years that all they want to do is win, no more excuses. Now they win, and people want flawless games. It's a w, 4-2 at the bye. 3-0 vs AFC, 1-0vs AFC South, can't complain too much. We have a glaring hole, but thats what the bye is for.
Old 10-18-2010   #783
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
This. It is amazing that people have said for years that all they want to do is win, no more excuses. Now they win, and people want flawless games. It's a w, 4-2 at the bye. 3-0 vs AFC, 1-0vs AFC South, can't complain too much. We have a glaring hole, but thats what the bye is for.
Truth is I think everyone is happy about being 4-2 going into the bye.

I think what everyone is more critical about is what's ahead.

The best example I can give is student on spring semester. Sure they have an 80 or 81 despite not showing up for classes several times, have turned in assignments late or just by the hair of their skin, getting by with some luck and intelligence. They've got spring break ahead and they can use that time wisely to fix some of their problems or not use it wisely. Midterms are looming as well aas the most difficult part of the semester. They obviously aren't going to pass if they keep doing what they are doing.

Let's hope the team uses this bye week well and gets some help moving forward. If not the doom and gloom predictions mitt not be too far fetched.
Old 10-18-2010   #784
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

What reallly eerks me is that DALLASS is 1-4 with you know who being their one and only win!! That's like rubbing salt in a wound!!! I know, has nothing to do with the Kubiak saga, just had to say it anyway.
Old 10-18-2010   #785
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107813 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Can you give examples? It would be interesting to see how the team fared in subsequent years.
After the '86 season, John Mackovic was fired by the Chiefs after taking them to the playoffs for the first time in 15 years. It was Mackovic's 4th year, and they made the playoffs with a 10-6 record, primarily on the back of some pretty incredible special teams play. In the three previous seasons, Mackovic's records were 6-10, 8-8, 6-10. After the season, a number of the players (led by Nick Lowery their place kicker) went to Lamar Hunt and demanded that Mackovic be fired and replaced by Frank Gansz - the special teams coach/Asst. HC. Hunt agreed and did it.

Gansz coached two years for the Chiefs, and compiled an 8-22-1 record. The Chiefs then hired Marty Schotteheimer who took them to the playoffs in 7 of the ten years he was there - starting with his second year in 1990.
Old 10-18-2010   #786
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 71984 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
He might mean "diversity." The myriad of ways the Texans get their
asses whooped at Reliant has been quite "diverse."
We're all about some Equal Opportunity here man!

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 10-18-2010   #787
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

The part I find frustrating about Kubiak and these Texans is that they constantly make me eat my words! Every time I feel confident they seem to struggle, and every time I get close to giving up on a game they seem to pull it together.
Old 10-18-2010   #788
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 165380 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Can you give examples? It would be interesting to see how the team fared in subsequent years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Marty S. comes to mind. He got fired after the Chargers went 14-2 and to the AFC championship game iirc.

Bum Phillips was also fired after going to the wild card game.
Cha-ching, JB. If memory serves the Chargers went back to the playoffs a couple of times right after that under Norv T. though with a less glamorous record. I know Houston went down the crapper after Phillips thanks in part to Ed "I'm too wimpy to make Dave Casper get a haircut" Biles.
Old 10-19-2010   #789
PockyAF
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3090 PockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respected

From LZ's blog:

Quote:
I think the scheme isn't terrific. One person I speak with who works for a team the Texans play told me that they were very easy to figure out on defense and that "nobody in the secondary worries you at all".
This is the coordinator that Kubiak is content with leading the defense. The secondary are a group of backs that Kubiak is content with having them on the field.

He's digging himself a grave for a funeral that no one is going to.
Old 10-19-2010   #790
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 71984 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PockyAF View Post
From LZ's blog:

"I think the scheme isn't terrific. One person I speak with who works for a team the Texans play told me that they were very easy to figure out on defense and that "nobody in the secondary worries you at all". "

This is the coordinator that Kubiak is content with leading the defense. The secondary are a group of backs that Kubiak is content with having them on the field.

Don't worry, per Kubes yesterday on trade deadline and addressing the secondary, we'll solve it "in house".

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 10-19-2010   #791
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 296677 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by PockyAF View Post

Then let it be. There will be several people ecstatic that Kubiak is gone.

But we're 4-2 & the defense played it's role in 4 of those wins, just like they did in the two losses.

We shut the Redskins down (more or less) in the second half. Got our offense the ball back in overtime.

We stopped Kansas City on their last two possessions to seal the comeback victory.

And against Dallas & NYGiants, I don't know how many times we put the ball in the offenses hands to see them go 3 & out.
Old 10-19-2010   #792
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
I'd just like to know why you've done such a good job keeping up with this thread but have failed to answer my questions both times I have asked them.

Sure, get drunk celebrating the win. Party hard. Enjoy it. Am I happy we won? Hell yes. But am I happy the WAY we have been winning? Hell no. We have had ONE big time win. Kubiak has been consistently outcoached. Our defense has been abysmal. Our recent draft picks, Cushing off roids may eventually need to be included, have been failures up to this point (please note I am not saying they will NEVER be good or even great players).

I just have to know, do you think Kubiak is the answer? Forget all the posts by the people you refer to as "jokes." Just answer the ****ing question if you are going to bash everyone on here for expressing a viewpoint that is different than yours. Do you think Kubiak can or will be the guy to take us to the promised land? Do you think our defense has played up to par under Kubiak in his ENTIRE time coaching here? Have we really played the way you would like?

If the answer to all of those questions is yes, then continue your bashing. We are all Texans fans, and we all want what is best for this franchise. Some of us are just tired of believing this team has "turned the corner", but then continue to be let down by the teams poor play.

Just remember dude, we are all rooting for the same franchise. We are all happy that we are sitting at 4-2. We all want the best for this team. Some of us just see things that bother us, see big mistakes that bother us, and see an inconsistent team that can't seem to play two good halves and believe heads need to roll because of it.
That's my point, right there in bold!!! Some people aren't happy unless they're miserable. The defense sucks!! Gary Kubiak sucks!! Andre Johnson, well nevermind there!!! The cheerleaders suck and not in the good way. It matters not!! Because a win is a win is a win... Unless you're Texan fan, then it's a win is a whine is a whine!!!

What? I don't know our defense sucks? I've been preaching defense since the days of Sharper, Glenn, Coleman, Payne and Gary Walker!!! I can admit that.

Some people ***** to hear themselves ***** or at least wanna make themselves out to be some self-professed genius. These are the same people that tell you stats are for losers, but when those stats are negative, they are the first ones to bring it up..

The only stats that matter are:
4-2
#1 in the AFC South.

Thank G*D I'm going to Ren Fest this weekend!! I need a weekend away from the geniuses around here.
Old 10-19-2010   #793
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 150044 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Don't worry, per Kubes yesterday on trade deadline and addressing the secondary, we'll solve it "in house".
Ex-Boilermaker Rick Smith is our answer
Old 10-19-2010   #794
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

He said he would look at making a trade, but wanted to also find a solution in house since trades don't happen very often.
Old 10-19-2010   #795
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 391219 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Some people ***** to hear themselves ***** or at least wanna make themselves out to be some self-professed genius. These are the same people that tell you stats are for losers, but when those stats are negative, they are the first ones to bring it up..

The only stats that matter are:
4-2
#1 in the AFC South.
This is the frustrating hypocrisy. Of course analyzing the team is the main purpose of this MB but many of the naysayers last year called any attempt to analyze and see improvement drinking koolaid, being a homer, making excuses because all that mattered was the record. Now the record doesn't count.
Old 10-19-2010   #796
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
This is the frustrating hypocrisy. Of course analyzing the team is the main purpose of this MB but many of the naysayers last year called any attempt to analyze and see improvement drinking koolaid, being a homer, making excuses because all that mattered was the record. Now the record doesn't count.
Chris Carter says; C'MON MAN!

Of course the record counts. But this defense is horrible. Last year I could see the improvements even in the FAIL games. So why can't some see the FAIL even in some of these wins.

I am thrilled the Texans are 4-2, leading the division, curing cancer, kissing babies and all that jazz. Seriously, thrilled! It has been so long since I have been this pumped about the team, BUT, that is tempered by the reality of this horrible, briquette defense. Schedule says that we are in for some losses asap if that D is not turned around.

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 10-19-2010   #797
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 391219 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Of course the record counts. But this defense is horrible. Last year I could see the improvements even in the FAIL games. So why can't some see the FAIL even in some of these wins.
I don't see people claiming the D is just hunky dory.
Old 10-19-2010   #798
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 296677 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Chris Carter says; C'MON MAN!

First, we gotta stop giving Chris Carter credit for "C'mon Man!!" That's Keyshawn's thing.

Second, we all see what's going on on defense. We all know we don't stand a chance going forward without some major improvements to play on the defensive side of the ball. We just believe that Kubiak sees the issues as well, and is doing everything he can to get it fixed. Others don't believe he is capable of getting it fixed, & are already calling for someone to get fired, even though we are 4-2.
Quote:
I am thrilled the Texans are 4-2, leading the division, curing cancer, kissing babies and all that jazz. Seriously, thrilled! It has been so long since I have been this pumped about the team, BUT, that is tempered by the reality of this horrible, briquette defense. Schedule says that we are in for some losses asap if that D is not turned around.
When we temper it with reality, I think it is important to understand we don't know what's going to happen next Sunday, much less 10 Sunday's from now. To say we can't beat the Jets is absurd. They ran across issues same as we did last year, if it weren't for the help of Curtis Painter & several injured Bengals, their season would have turned out a lot different.

Same with Baltimore, They're looking good right now, pretty strong. But they found a way to lose 7 games last year, same as us. We know what our problems are, we're going through them right now. What are Baltimore's issues? If they haven't gone through them yet, they will. Every team does.

& we (at least I do) have no doubt we'll be playing good football on both sides of the ball soon.

So to temper reality..... the team you saw the last six weeks won't be the team playing in Indy Monday night. I can guarantee you that. Will that team be better or worse than this team, I don't know. But I tend to believe it will be better.
Old 10-19-2010   #799
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I don't see people claiming the D is just hunky dory.
I do. Not to mention names, but the member's name rhymes with schmunderkyss.
Old 10-19-2010   #800
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I do. Not to mention names, but the member's name rhymes with schmunderkyss.
What I thought he said was as bad as they have been they have made some key stops letting us get to 4-2 and he expects them to get better. But anywhoo...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read