Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-29-2005   #1
grandslam1
Veteran

Default Jermaine Lewis

Did Jermaine Lewis ever play with the Texans?
grandslam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005   #2
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes. For a year I think. We got him from the Ravens, as a KR/PR/WR and he didnt have the same results with a bunch of noobs.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005   #3
Diehardtexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
Yes. For a year I think. We got him from the Ravens, as a KR/PR/WR and he didnt have the same results with a bunch of noobs.
He didn't have it with a bunch of old farts either when he got picked up by Jacksonville either. I think it was Jacksonville or one of those Florida teams.
Diehardtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005   #4
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Played? I would not call what he did playing.-Hulk75
and yet you call what David Carr did last Saturday in Dallas actually playing............very interesting. Enlightening at your choice of who is actually playing and who isn't.
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005   #5
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I never had much against Lewis though he took a lot of heat for not producing like he did in Baltimore. How was he supposed to do that with the guys we had blocking for him in 2002? Nobody ever thought for a second that he was going to become an asset in the passing game but the Texans gave him a look anyway. We didn't have much else and I always thought they told him he'd get a fair shot at playing WR just to cushion the blow of coming to an expansion team.

He never seemed to like it here. He never really looked comfortable. I got the impression he had good communication with his blockers in Baltimore and he never established that here. He never would have either with the turnover we had in the first couple of years.
Old 08-29-2005   #6
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

let me spell it out for you Hulk75. In real simple terms, using small words, so you can understand the meaning.

You take a 'cheap shot' at a proven Vet like Lewis who has at least done something in his career, albeit with the Ravens. The reason he didn't do that well here was explained by Hervoyel pretty well. Same reason that David Carr ate dirt 70+ times in the first season, the blocking stank.

Yet everytime someone mentions David Carr, who hasn't done diddly in his career, or more specifically his faults, you defend him like he is the next coming of Joe Montana, or Dan Marino. Well, he ain't. Or if he is, it will be in the far future, IMHO. So unless you got a crystal ball that can tell that, you are only speculating, like the rest of us.

I find that interesting, and enlightening, personally. Your choice of what constitutes a REAL NFL player and whether they actually 'played' the game is slanted so badly as to be laughable. Not to mention, up till this point in David Carr's career, IRONIC.
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #7
Rightnow
Veteran

The reason Jermaine didn't last was he dropped a couple kicks. Can't do that on Caper's squad.

I used to like listening to his show on the radio.
Rightnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read