Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2010   #741
DexmanC
Hall of Fame
 
DexmanC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,806
Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
sooooo... you're saying the loss of key players matters to other teams' performance but it shouldn't matter to the Texans because it's always Kubiak's fault...?

just trying to understand where you're coming from
soooooooooooo.... I'm saying a coach that's taken his team to the playoffs
a couple times within 5 years gets more "benefit of the doubt." Kubiak's
in a position where he has to deliver, even if all 53 men on the roster are
lost, and he has to bring in reserve players from the CFL.
__________________
With the first pick of the 2014 NFL Draft, The Houston Texans select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback; Louisville.
DexmanC is offline  
Old 10-17-2010   #742
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 41
Posts: 32,305
Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
You DO realize they didn't have their All-Pro left tackle, nor their #1
receiver during those games, right? Both of their stars
were trying to force the front office to trade, and had yet to play
a down of football until this week.
Ah..... it's okay for the San Diego Chargers to have excuses..

that seems fair...
__________________
thunderkyss is online now  
Old 10-17-2010   #743
J_R
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,645
Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Kubiak has gone from

"It needs to get better."

"We gotta fix it."

"It needs to get better."

"We gotta fix it"

to

I have no answer for our D so...(that's me saying that)

"Our O and ST will have to carry and win games for us"


Where is Dale and Barrett when you need them to decode the pressers, heh.
J_R is offline  
Old 10-17-2010   #744
DexmanC
Hall of Fame
 
DexmanC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,806
Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Ah..... it's okay for the San Diego Chargers to have excuses..

that seems fair...
See my response to ObsiWan...
__________________
With the first pick of the 2014 NFL Draft, The Houston Texans select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback; Louisville.
DexmanC is offline  
Old 10-17-2010   #745
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06
 
Pantherstang84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,194
Rep Power: 5378 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
The same Gregg Williams that held Tampa Bay to 6 points today?
When will the Texans allow less than 24 points? When will
the Texans defense not make bad quarterbacks look decent, decent
quarterbacks look like probowlers, pro bowl quarterbacks look like
hall of famers, and giving hall of fame quarterbacks career games?

Saints Defense >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Texans Defense
No comparison.

I have NO confidence they'll keep the Colts under 24 points in two
weeks. Give up that number in Indy, and that's a LOSS.
Actually, I think it is the same Gregg Williams with a ring on his finger as a defensive coordinator.
Pantherstang84 is offline  
Old 10-17-2010   #746
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste
 
kiwitexansfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Age: 36
Posts: 8,818
Rep Power: 43261 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
Actually, I think it is the same Gregg Williams with a ring on his finger as a defensive coordinator.
Gregg Williams is a high risk/high reward type.

When it works its sensational, when it doesn't it is sensational. I think with his defenses it depends a lot on the bounce of the ball and a bit of luck.
__________________
All random posts made entirely of smilies courtesy of kiwitexansfanjr -age 4
kiwitexansfan is offline  
Old 10-17-2010   #747
DexmanC
Hall of Fame
 
DexmanC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,806
Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Gregg Williams is a high risk/high reward type.

When it works its sensational, when it doesn't it is sensational. I think with his defenses it depends a lot on the bounce of the ball and a bit of luck.
I do know his defense doesn't consistently give bad/mediocre quarterbacks
career games every week.
__________________
With the first pick of the 2014 NFL Draft, The Houston Texans select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback; Louisville.
DexmanC is offline  
Old 10-17-2010   #748
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste
 
kiwitexansfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Age: 36
Posts: 8,818
Rep Power: 43261 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
I do know his defense doesn't consistently give bad/mediocre quarterbacks
career games every week.
Perhaps not but they do concede big plays regularly and against good OLines and QBs they get sliced and diced.

All depends on what you want in a defense, there is more than one way to cook an egg..... too bad our ovens broken.
__________________
All random posts made entirely of smilies courtesy of kiwitexansfanjr -age 4
kiwitexansfan is offline  
Old 10-17-2010   #749
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 41
Posts: 32,305
Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
The same Gregg Williams that held Tampa Bay to 6 points today?
The 28th scoring team in the league Tampa Bay Buccaneers??

The high flying 16 points per game Tampa Bay Buccaneers??

& you think that is impressive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
When will the Texans allow less than 24 points?
If they were to play the Bucs they'd probably allow less than 24 points.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
When will
the Texans defense not make bad quarterbacks look decent, decent
quarterbacks look like probowlers, pro bowl quarterbacks look like
hall of famers, and giving hall of fame quarterbacks career games?
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Just thinking out loud.

Peyton Manning
Houston 433 yards
NYGiants 255 yards
Broncos 325 yards
Jaguars 352 yards
Chiefs 244 yards

Donovan McNabb
Dallas ..171 yards
Houston..426 yards
StLouis... 236 yards
Philly... ..125 yards
GreenBay..357 yards

Tony Romo
Washington 282 yards
Chicago ..374 yards
Houston ..284 yards
Tennessee ..406 yards

Bruce Gradkowski
STLouis....162 yards
Arizona....255 yards
Houston...278 yards
SanDiego...14 yards

Eli Manning
Carolina ..263 yards
Indy... 161 yards
Tennessee...386 yards
Chicago....195 yards
Houston....297 yards

Matt Cassel
San Diego... 68 yards
Cleveland... 176 yards
San Francisco.. 250 yards
Indy..... 156 yards
Houston... 201 yards
Which QBs are you talking about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Saints Defense >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Texans Defense
No comparison.
No comparison is right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
I have NO confidence they'll keep the Colts under 24 points in two
weeks. Give up that number in Indy, and that's a LOSS.
I have every confidence we will beat the Colts. Whether that means keeping them under 24 points, or scoring 38.
__________________
thunderkyss is online now  
Old 10-17-2010   #750
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste
 
kiwitexansfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Age: 36
Posts: 8,818
Rep Power: 43261 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I have every confidence we will beat the Colts. Whether that means keeping them under 24 points, or scoring 38.
Actually I feel good about that one too.

Our whole franchise has been built around the premise of beating Manning. If we don't win that one it is a huge condemnation of all that has been done here.
__________________
All random posts made entirely of smilies courtesy of kiwitexansfanjr -age 4
kiwitexansfan is offline  
Old 10-17-2010   #751
DexmanC
Hall of Fame
 
DexmanC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,806
Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If they were to play the Bucs they'd probably allow less than 24 points.
The Texans just allowed Matt Cassell, season QB rating around 55, go
off for a rating of 120+. The Chiefs score around 17 points a game,
yet put up 31 on the Texans. What evidence do you have, that the
Texans can hold ANY team under 24 points?
__________________
With the first pick of the 2014 NFL Draft, The Houston Texans select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback; Louisville.
DexmanC is offline  
Old 10-17-2010   #752
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 41
Posts: 32,305
Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
...and the kiddie corners got worked by receivers
with bad hands today.
Let me get this straight.

Because receivers caught balls they dropped every other game of the year, our defense is bad?

Because they all of a sudden got stick'm on their gloves, our defense is bad.

I'm not denying that we have work to do on the defense. Not denying that at all, but your argument here (at least on of them) is that we are so bad... guys who normally drop balls catch them when they play us.

Is that what you are saying?
__________________
thunderkyss is online now  
Old 10-17-2010   #753
DexmanC
Hall of Fame
 
DexmanC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,806
Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Let me get this straight.

Because receivers caught balls they dropped every other game of the year, our defense is bad?

Because they all of a sudden got stick'm on their gloves, our defense is bad.

I'm not denying that we have work to do on the defense. Not denying that at all, but your argument here (at least on of them) is that we are so bad... guys who normally drop balls catch them when they play us.

Is that what you are saying?
I'm saying the Texans give no team *pause* when running their pass plays.
The Chiefs got more than twice the rushing yardage the Texans defense gives up on average.
This defense is SOFT. We're 6 games in, and that's what we've seen.
__________________
With the first pick of the 2014 NFL Draft, The Houston Texans select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback; Louisville.
DexmanC is offline  
Old 10-17-2010   #754
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste
 
kiwitexansfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Age: 36
Posts: 8,818
Rep Power: 43261 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
The Texans just allowed Matt Cassell, season QB rating around 55, go
off for a rating of 120+. The Chiefs score around 17 points a game,
yet put up 31 on the Texans. What evidence do you have, that the
Texans can hold ANY team under 24 points?
OFF TOPIC: Any particular reason your posts only use half of the length of the screen? Not the easiest to read.
__________________
All random posts made entirely of smilies courtesy of kiwitexansfanjr -age 4
kiwitexansfan is offline  
Old 10-17-2010   #755
Ckw
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Yes, Kubiak will get us to the promised land.
Yes, I was very happy with out defense last year.
Yes we've played the way I would like
It's kinda hard to turn the corner when you guys keep moving the damn thing.
Fair enough.

I just have to ask, are you related to Kubiak? Friend with him? Dating him?

Quote:
These ugly wins.... would have been losses last year. Plain & simple. It's nothing that is going to show up on a stat sheet. Nothing you can put your finger on. It's that intangible maturity level we were lacking last year. If we're 100% healthy after the by, this team is going to turn circles around those corners you keep moving.
Agreed. I am happy they have been wins instead of losses.

Quote:
Take inconsistent out of your vocabulary. Let's get more specific. What's wrong with our pass defense? If you say secondary, show me... if you say it's our young corners, show me.
I don't have the time to analyze tapes, print out pictures for you, or any of that crap. I go by what I see when I watch the game. What I see is that our linebackers, safeties, and corners are not that great in coverage. It was Kubiak's fault for sticking with the status quote and not doing anything to improve upon our pass defense.

Quote:
There are plenty of threads around here discussing the specifics. Several posters have contributed evidence contrary to popular belief, but we keep getting the same arguments..... inconsistency.

Let's get specific, what's been inconsistent?
I don't care to play semantics with you. Our entire team has been "inconsistent." Our offense can't seem to pass the ball one half, but then is successful the next. Our defense can't seem to defend the pass or stop the run one half, but then is successful the next. We have put up one "consistent" game this season: the Colts game.
 
Old 10-17-2010   #756
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 41
Posts: 32,305
Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
soooooooooooo.... I'm saying a coach that's taken his team to the playoffs
a couple times within 5 years gets more "benefit of the doubt." Kubiak's
in a position where he has to deliver, even if all 53 men on the roster are
lost, and he has to bring in reserve players from the CFL.
What do you want him to deliver? It's obviously not wins, because we got that.

It's obviously not wins against the toughest division opponent, because we got that.

It's not being undefeated in the AFC, after 3 conference games, because we got that too.

It's not going into the bye with a winning record..... we got that.

It's not leading the division, because... yep, you guessed it, we got that to.

What do you want Kubiak to "deliver" despite the multitude of distractions?

Show me one consistent team in this league, one that dominates both sides of the ball on every snap. Just one.
__________________
thunderkyss is online now  
Old 10-17-2010   #757
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 41
Posts: 32,305
Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
I do know his defense doesn't consistently give bad/mediocre quarterbacks
career games every week.
Can you back that up in any way?
__________________
thunderkyss is online now  
Old 10-17-2010   #758
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste
 
kiwitexansfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Age: 36
Posts: 8,818
Rep Power: 43261 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
What do you want him to deliver? It's obviously not wins, because we got that.

It's obviously not wins against the toughest division opponent, because we got that.

It's not being undefeated in the AFC, after 3 conference games, because we got that too.

It's not going into the bye with a winning record..... we got that.

It's not leading the division, because... yep, you guessed it, we got that to.

What do you want Kubiak to "deliver" despite the multitude of distractions?

Show me one consistent team in this league, one that dominates both sides of the ball on every snap. Just one.
I think our perspective as fans has really shifted given that we are pretty much all grossly dissatisfied despite being 4-2 and tied for the division lead.
__________________
All random posts made entirely of smilies courtesy of kiwitexansfanjr -age 4
kiwitexansfan is offline  
Old 10-17-2010   #759
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 41
Posts: 32,305
Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
The Texans just allowed Matt Cassell, season QB rating around 55, go
off for a rating of 120+. The Chiefs score around 17 points a game,
yet put up 31 on the Texans. What evidence do you have, that the
Texans can hold ANY team under 24 points?
I have none. But I've got 4 games worth of evidence that says they'll find a way to win.
__________________
thunderkyss is online now  
Old 10-17-2010   #760
DexmanC
Hall of Fame
 
DexmanC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,806
Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
What do you want him to deliver? It's obviously not wins, because we got that.

It's obviously not wins against the toughest division opponent, because we got that.

It's not being undefeated in the AFC, after 3 conference games, because we got that too.

It's not going into the bye with a winning record..... we got that.

It's not leading the division, because... yep, you guessed it, we got that to.

What do you want Kubiak to "deliver" despite the multitude of distractions?

Show me one consistent team in this league, one that dominates both sides of the ball on every snap. Just one.
Unlike previous years, the "lighter" games were front-loaded onto the
2010 schedule. There will be no miracle run of 4-0 to make 9-7 this year.
The way this team has played through 6 games, is not good enough
to beat hardly any of the next 10 games we face.

I'm critiquing the horrible defense, and flashy offense, and comparing it
to what I see from our upcoming opponents. Sloppy football will
not get us the 6 wins we need to make the playoffs, or to justify
another year of the Kubiak experiment.

We've just played the "easy" part of the schedule. Unless they come out
of the gate radically improved, things will get ugly FAST. The next
time the Texans play well in the AFC South, will be the first under Kubiak.
Until I see it, that's another 5 losses.

This 4-2 record looks built on "smoke & mirrors." They are playing
Cinderella football. It's exciting while it works, but when
the clock strikes midnight... I was expecting this team to set
the tone for the AFC South. That's just not happening with
how they are playing. We've still got 10 games to play, against
MUCH stiffer competition. Midnight is approaching FAST.

If they go to Indy and win, then I'll back off until they lose
3-in-a-row. Until then, I'll be criticizing all through the bye
week.
__________________
With the first pick of the 2014 NFL Draft, The Houston Texans select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback; Louisville.
DexmanC is offline  
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger