Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2010   #721
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Easy answer is you replace Richard Smith with Gregg Williams, which is exactly what a ton of posters on this board wanted. Instead, you got a guy that had contributed to the prior crappy defense promoted to being in charge of a crappy defense.
Greg Williams?

Is that the guy that allowed 22 points to the 1-5 (they beat Oakland) 49ers? 275 yards to Alex Smith (his second best game this year)? 112 yards to Frank Gore (his second best game this year (by far))?

27 points to Atlanta? Their second highest point total of the year. 114 yards to Michael Turner? His second best game of the year by a wide margin as well. Atlanta hasn't been able to beat anybody this year worth a crap..... but the won this game with 27 points.

86 yards to DeAngelo Williams, who can't run more than 60 yards on the likes of the Giants, the Bucs, the Bengals, or the Bears.

Do you mean that Greg Williams?

Seriously?
Old 10-17-2010   #722
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Greg Williams?

Is that the guy that allowed 22 points to the 1-5 (they beat Oakland) 49ers? 275 yards to Alex Smith (his second best game this year)? 112 yards to Frank Gore (his second best game this year (by far))?

27 points to Atlanta? Their second highest point total of the year. 114 yards to Michael Turner? His second best game of the year by a wide margin as well. Atlanta hasn't been able to beat anybody this year worth a crap..... but the won this game with 27 points.

86 yards to DeAngelo Williams, who can't run more than 60 yards on the likes of the Giants, the Bucs, the Bengals, or the Bears.

Seriously?
luckily those teams aren't playing us

i'd love it if the Texans would "only" give up 22 points a game
Old 10-17-2010   #723
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
But am I happy the WAY we have been winning? Hell no.
this is what i disagree with. heck yeah i'm happy with the way we're winning. we dominated a team who goes no worse than 12 wins every season and in week 6 already have 2 come from behind wins. the second part of that statement describes what all great teams do, they find ways to win when things arent going well.

kubiak is a former offensive coordinator. a former quarterback. he coaches potentially the best offense in the league. has hired a staff who is familiar with him and doesnt appear to be finished. has given most money and draft picks to the defense and still dominates on offense. if there's a gripe with what kubiak's done it's frank bush ... though across 13 games of last season we had a fairly good defense, so i want to see what happens after the bye before proclaiming that the sky is falling.
Old 10-17-2010   #724
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Co-sign. That's how we are: We can't get rid of Kubiak because, well, look at what we had under Capers! (As if the only alternative would be re-hiring Capers. I swear, we sports fans can be dumbasses sometimes).

Having said that, I went to the game today, and it was a blast. I have no voice and damn near had a heart attack, but defintely a good day at Reliant.

Still, I bet if you asked Kubiak about our problems on defense, he would say: "What problems? Our defense is fine."

Clueless.
only 2 people have mentioned capers, guess who.
Old 10-17-2010   #725
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I'm not saying Kubiak should be fired (yet), but I do not think that he has done a great job this season...despite his W/L record...

See, it works both ways....
See, I'm not going to get into the "excuses" about why I believe Kubiak has done a great job this year. But I will tell you this.

Before the season started, I thought the only way we wouldn't make it to the play-offs, was if we had some serious injury to important members of this team.

Now, I don't think even that will stop us.
Old 10-17-2010   #726
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78862 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I just checked ESPN, and I'm sure they don't have all the stuff in from today, but they have Washington last. We're 31st. Oops. My bad. We're not last, we're next to last. LOL
So who do you want to point the finger at next? Your deceased mother-in-law or the tooth fairy?
Old 10-17-2010   #727
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
You DO realize these are the same Chargers that lost to the Raiders and Rams in successive weeks, right?
Did you say successive weeks? Is that like two weeks in a row or something?

Maybe they are being more consistent than I'm giving them credit for.

Old 10-17-2010   #728
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 253700 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
So who do you want to point the finger at next? Your deceased mother-in-law or the tooth fairy?
The tooth fairy. I don't have a mother-in-law.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Old 10-17-2010   #729
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Well, whose fault is it that we have the worst defense in the NFL right now?

Smith? Kubiak? Bush? Other coaches? Players? Refs? Texans Talk BBS posters?

It's somebodys fault. My God, our defense couldn't stop a high school team right now. I'm glad we won, I want to see the Texans in the playoffs, I want a Super Bowl trophy for our team just as much as anyone does. But it doesn't mean I'm going to turn a blind eye to the most craptastic defense I've ever seen. In 2002 the expansion Texans were 16th in the league in defense at the end of the year. Where is the Texans defense rated now? LAST!!!!!!
Gee, yesterday this was the most potent run game in the NFL.... today they're not even a highschool team.

Oh yeah, forget the fact that Demeco went down, his back up wasn't active today, we had someone who never (that I know of play the position) taking his place, & some guy I didn't even know was on our team playing the WiLL LB spot.
Old 10-17-2010   #730
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 253700 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Gee, yesterday this was the most potent run game in the NFL.... today they're not even a highschool team.

Oh yeah, forget the fact that Demeco went down, his back up wasn't active today, we had someone who never (that I know of play the position) taking his place, & some guy I didn't even know was on our team playing the WiLL LB spot.
Huh?? I was speaking to the defense, not the offense. It's obvious we have one of the best offenses in the league. As to Demeco going down, they were already playing bad when he was in there.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Old 10-17-2010   #731
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37204 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You DO realize these are the same Chargers that lost to the Raiders and Rams in successive weeks, right?
You DO realize they didn't have their All-Pro left tackle, nor their #1
receiver during those games, right? Both of their stars
were trying to force the front office to trade, and had yet to play
a down of football until this week.
Old 10-17-2010   #732
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
I just have to know, do you think Kubiak is the answer? Forget all the posts by the people you refer to as "jokes." Just answer the ****ing question if you are going to bash everyone on here for expressing a viewpoint that is different than yours. Do you think Kubiak can or will be the guy to take us to the promised land? Do you think our defense has played up to par under Kubiak in his ENTIRE time coaching here? Have we really played the way you would like?
Yes, Kubiak will get us to the promised land.
Yes, I was very happy with out defense last year.
Yes we've played the way I would like
Quote:
If the answer to all of those questions is yes, then continue your bashing. We are all Texans fans, and we all want what is best for this franchise. Some of us are just tired of believing this team has "turned the corner", but then continue to be let down by the teams poor play.
It's kinda hard to turn the corner when you guys keep moving the damn thing.

These ugly wins.... would have been losses last year. Plain & simple. It's nothing that is going to show up on a stat sheet. Nothing you can put your finger on. It's that intangible maturity level we were lacking last year. If we're 100% healthy after the by, this team is going to turn circles around those corners you keep moving.
Quote:
Just remember dude, we are all rooting for the same franchise. We are all happy that we are sitting at 4-2. We all want the best for this team. Some of us just see things that bother us, see big mistakes that bother us, and see an inconsistent team that can't seem to play two good halves and believe heads need to roll because of it.
Take inconsistent out of your vocabulary. Let's get more specific. What's wrong with our pass defense? If you say secondary, show me... if you say it's our young corners, show me. There are plenty of threads around here discussing the specifics. Several posters have contributed evidence contrary to popular belief, but we keep getting the same arguments..... inconsistency.

Let's get specific, what's been inconsistent?
Old 10-17-2010   #733
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37204 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Greg Williams?

Seriously?
The same Gregg Williams that held Tampa Bay to 6 points today?
When will the Texans allow less than 24 points? When will
the Texans defense not make bad quarterbacks look decent, decent
quarterbacks look like probowlers, pro bowl quarterbacks look like
hall of famers, and giving hall of fame quarterbacks career games?

Saints Defense >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Texans Defense
No comparison.

I have NO confidence they'll keep the Colts under 24 points in two
weeks. Give up that number in Indy, and that's a LOSS.
Old 10-17-2010   #734
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
this is what i disagree with. heck yeah i'm happy with the way we're winning. we dominated a team who goes no worse than 12 wins every season and in week 6 already have 2 come from behind wins. the second part of that statement describes what all great teams do, they find ways to win when things arent going well.

kubiak is a former offensive coordinator. a former quarterback. he coaches potentially the best offense in the league. has hired a staff who is familiar with him and doesnt appear to be finished. has given most money and draft picks to the defense and still dominates on offense. if there's a gripe with what kubiak's done it's frank bush ... though across 13 games of last season we had a fairly good defense, so i want to see what happens after the bye before proclaiming that the sky is falling.
It's all perspective man. I see what you are saying but what I see is a team that only seems to really come out when their backs are against the wall or when they are really motivated (which is rare). The Colts game was one of those games. We came out ready to play and treated game 1 of this season like it was our Super Bowl. Our players were even hyping it as such and what did we do? We came out and punched the Colts in the mouth unlike just about any team we have ever played. I commend them for that.

But what do we do in game 2? We get stomped in the first half and have to rely on a miraculous comeback to win the game against a team we should have beaten fairly easily. And game 3? Well you know what happened.

If we come out and beat up on the Colts again in two weeks, then I will shut my pie hole. But I'm not counting on it...

Old 10-17-2010   #735
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Still, I bet if you asked Kubiak about our problems on defense, he would say: "What problems? Our defense is fine."

Clueless.
No doubt about it, someone is clueless alright. Kubiak ain't never said no dumbshit like that, & after every win this year, he's told us there are some things we need to work on.

Clueless.......
Old 10-17-2010   #736
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213938 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
You DO realize they didn't have their All-Pro left tackle, nor their #1
receiver during those games, right? Both of their stars
were trying to force the front office to trade, and had yet to play
a down of football until this week.
sooooo... you're saying the loss of key players matters to other teams' performance but it shouldn't matter to the Texans because it's always Kubiak's fault...?

just trying to understand where you're coming from
Old 10-17-2010   #737
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
People act like the Colts led the league in defense the last 10 years.
Old 10-17-2010   #738
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Yes, we're 4-2. Give up 24 points on any of our division teams,
Jets, or Ravens, that's a potential 7 losses right there. This defense,
that Kubiak's responsible for, is HORRRRREENNNNDOUSSS.

We can't count the loss of Demeco as an excuse, because they
were still horrendous with him in there. Cushing isn't the animal
he was last year, and the kiddie corners got worked by receivers
with bad hands today.

The run defense is merely average. When a team runs with dedication,
they will wear this defense SMOOTH OUT. The offense can NOT put up
35-40 points a week. If we're to sniff 6 more wins this season, the
defense MUST find a way to hold people under 20 points. Has
not happened yet, and we've played more than 1/3 of the season.
Old 10-17-2010   #739
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Huh?? I was speaking to the defense, not the offense. It's obvious we have one of the best offenses in the league. As to Demeco going down, they were already playing bad when he was in there.
No, I was talking about the Chiefs running game.
Old 10-17-2010   #740
texansdrummer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8156 texansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to texansdrummer

Not even Jerry Jones would fire his coach at 4-2....is that really the kind of FO some of you want? If it were up to this board we'd have about 10 coaches each......game.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read