Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2010   #701
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
That's how I roll!!!
Old 10-17-2010   #702
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
That's how I roll!!!
Missed ya today bud! I needed someone to hit real bad...

we could have gone lookin' for melon heads and mudpies!
Old 10-17-2010   #703
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I see TB is in good form after the W.
Old 10-17-2010   #704
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I see TB is in good form after the W.
I'm always in good form!!
Old 10-17-2010   #705
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
4-2

Undefeated in the AFC

Leading the AFC South.

It's on Kubiak.

I've seen coaches get fired even after taking their teams to the play-offs.

I'm not saying Kubiak should be fired (yet), but I do not think that he has done a great job this season...despite his W/L record...

See, it works both ways....

A coach can be doing a better job than his record indicates, or he can be doing a worse job than his record indicates...

I'd actually like to Kubiak, just present a team that comes out and plays good football from all aspects in one of the wins we've had...Or hell...even one of the losses...Doesn't matter...

"How" this team has been playing is poorly for the most part. I'm very happy we got the win today,but c'mon...You'd really have to be sticking your head in the sand to ignore the many shortcomings we have...especially defensively...

I actually think the offense is fine, but I doubt we are going to be able to win shootouts every week...
Old 10-17-2010   #706
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Old 10-17-2010   #707
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 172895 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
The Chargers just got their All-Pro left tackle back from a holdout, and
their #1 receiver, Vincent Jackson, is expected to report to the team
from a holdout. So, by the time the Chargers play us, their offense
should be "full tilt."
You DO realize these are the same Chargers that lost to the Raiders and Rams in successive weeks, right?
Old 10-17-2010   #708
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I agree with this, as I pointed out earlier. You're a fool and/or being deliberately obtuse to ignore the obvious signs that people in this thread are arguing.
Yes, I'm being a deliberately obtuse about the situation. The post I quoted, you're talking about results, & judging Kubiak on results. Well, I posted the results.... yet you're judging him on something totally different.

Last year, all off-season, when some of us are talking about being a top 4 defense over the last 13 games, or being a top 10 defense over the whole season, we were countered with the W-L.

That's all that mattered.

But now... now.. that group wants to talk about actual performance. forget the W-L because it doesn't mean anything.

Now, we want to talk about what the W-L will be at the end of the year, if "this" don't happen, or if Kubiak doesn't do "that"

Make up your minds, that's all I'm saying.
Quote:
So I'll tell you what: you go on thinking exactly what you posted, and we'll just revisit that at the end of the season. This thread's not going anywhere, because Kubiak's not doing anything to make it go anywhere.
I'm not scared. I'll be here.
Old 10-17-2010   #709
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Fire Kubiak!!! Fire Kubiak!! Fire Kubiak!!!

Please!!! Some of you people are jokes and I thank the good Lord above, some of y'all are nothing more than posters on a message board and have nothing, whatsoever to do with the Texans!

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Old 10-17-2010   #710
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 172895 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonhed View Post
Oh and another thing. I think our 4-2 record says a lot more about the talent on our team than it does about our coaching. They are winning in spite of the coaching, imo.
Listen, you Kubiak haters can't have it both ways.

if the players win the game, then it's on them when we lose.

if you folks claim the coach doesn't get the players prepared/inspired/ready when we lose, then he must have gotten them ready/prepared/inspired when we win.

and if it's just the talent responsible for this win (or any win), then I ask you who assembled that talent? Who makes the cuts and decides who starts and who plays? I think that guy is the head coach.

And the coach or the players (pick one) have us at 4-2 and leading the division.

Thank you, you just made a case why Kubiak should stay.
Old 10-17-2010   #711
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm getting wins, but not winning football, and definitely not solid football. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good, so I'm happy about that, but only a fool continues to rely on luck. It's not hard to determine trends from Kubiak's tenure, and you'd have to be a fool to ignore trends.
That has to be one of the most negative, glass half-empty posts I've seen in awhile! Congratulations! Rep coming your way!

For you and the rest of you who get tired of a coach just because he hasn't met YOUR expectations fast enough, be careful what you wish for. It never turns out the way you want.
Old 10-17-2010   #712
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
No need to feign ignorance. Some of us want our team to actually play
for the big prize now-and-then. The days of being "the best non-winning
team in the NFL," and enjoying it, are over. Kubiak's inconsistent team
is the same bunch we've watched since he got here.
Kansas City looks pretty inconsistent to me right now. How many touchdowns have they allowed before today? 305 passing yards? 129 yards on the ground?

GreenBay looks pretty inconsistent to me. Dolphins beat them. Washington beat them. Detroit scored 26 points on them. Chicago beat them.

San Diego is looking pretty inconsistent. Oakland & St Louis? I can understand one of the worst teams in the league beating you. But two?

Chicago loses to the Giants when the Giants weren't playing well. The offense scored what 3 points (the Giants offense). They lost to Seattle.. Seattle!

Welcome to the NFL.

Instead of talking about subjectives, lets get into a conversation about specific performances, lets talk about what's really wrong on this team. You keep talking about energy, ho-hum, attitude.... that's BS. You make it sounds like they'd win every game if they just want it bad enough.

This is the NFL, & it don't work that way.
Old 10-17-2010   #713
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, whose fault is it that we have the worst defense in the NFL right now?

Smith? Kubiak? Bush? Other coaches? Players? Refs? Texans Talk BBS posters?

It's somebodys fault. My God, our defense couldn't stop a high school team right now. I'm glad we won, I want to see the Texans in the playoffs, I want a Super Bowl trophy for our team just as much as anyone does. But it doesn't mean I'm going to turn a blind eye to the most craptastic defense I've ever seen. In 2002 the expansion Texans were 16th in the league in defense at the end of the year. Where is the Texans defense rated now? LAST!!!!!!

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Old 10-17-2010   #714
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Yes, I'm being a deliberately obtuse about the situation. The post I quoted, you're talking about results, & judging Kubiak on results. Well, I posted the results.... yet you're judging him on something totally different.

Last year, all off-season, when some of us are talking about being a top 4 defense over the last 13 games, or being a top 10 defense over the whole season, we were countered with the W-L.

That's all that mattered.

But now... now.. that group wants to talk about actual performance. forget the W-L because it doesn't mean anything.

Now, we want to talk about what the W-L will be at the end of the year, if "this" don't happen, or if Kubiak doesn't do "that"

Make up your minds, that's all I'm saying.

I'm not scared. I'll be here.

Nice post TK. All we heard from certain quarters was that results were what mattered. Now when the results are good ( and prior to wk 1 we all would have been estatic with a 4-2 record) it's not the results at all, it's how we got there.
Old 10-17-2010   #715
Ckw

Quote:
Fire Kubiak!!! Fire Kubiak!! Fire Kubiak!!!

Please!!! Some of you people are jokes and I thank the good Lord above, some of y'all are nothing more than posters on a message board and have nothing, whatsoever to do with the Texans!
I'd just like to know why you've done such a good job keeping up with this thread but have failed to answer my questions both times I have asked them.

Sure, get drunk celebrating the win. Party hard. Enjoy it. Am I happy we won? Hell yes. But am I happy the WAY we have been winning? Hell no. We have had ONE big time win. Kubiak has been consistently outcoached. Our defense has been abysmal. Our recent draft picks, Cushing off roids may eventually need to be included, have been failures up to this point (please note I am not saying they will NEVER be good or even great players).

I just have to know, do you think Kubiak is the answer? Forget all the posts by the people you refer to as "jokes." Just answer the ****ing question if you are going to bash everyone on here for expressing a viewpoint that is different than yours. Do you think Kubiak can or will be the guy to take us to the promised land? Do you think our defense has played up to par under Kubiak in his ENTIRE time coaching here? Have we really played the way you would like?

If the answer to all of those questions is yes, then continue your bashing. We are all Texans fans, and we all want what is best for this franchise. Some of us are just tired of believing this team has "turned the corner", but then continue to be let down by the teams poor play.

Just remember dude, we are all rooting for the same franchise. We are all happy that we are sitting at 4-2. We all want the best for this team. Some of us just see things that bother us, see big mistakes that bother us, and see an inconsistent team that can't seem to play two good halves and believe heads need to roll because of it.

Old 10-17-2010   #716
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
I'm getting wins, but not winning football, and definitely not solid football. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good, so I'm happy about that, but only a fool continues to rely on luck. It's not hard to determine trends from Kubiak's tenure, and you'd have to be a fool to ignore trends.
3 scores in the 4th Qtr... luck.

we're just lucky...

Old 10-17-2010   #717
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post

It's somebodys fault. My God, our defense couldn't stop a high school team right now. I'm glad we won, I want to see the Texans in the playoffs, I want a Super Bowl trophy for our team just as much as anyone does. But it doesn't mean I'm going to turn a blind eye to the most craptastic defense I've ever seen. In 2002 the expansion Texans were 16th in the league in defense at the end of the year. Where is the Texans defense rated now? LAST!!!!!!
I understand what you are saying, but actually Buffalo is last.
Old 10-17-2010   #718
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
I understand what you are saying, but actually Buffalo is last.
I just checked ESPN, and I'm sure they don't have all the stuff in from today, but they have Washington last. We're 31st. Oops. My bad. We're not last, we're next to last. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Old 10-17-2010   #719
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Scooter's little statement about remembering 2 wins is exactly what I was talking about earlier about fans expectations and the front office's expectations. People are so afraid of what they were under Capers, that Kubiak's average seasons and inconsistencies are acceptable. All of his problems as a HC get ignored. If the Texans do make the playoffs most of the fans will act like we won a SB even if we get blown out as a WIldcard team and play uninspired. Making the playoffs will get this team a parade probably. This team's utter failures from the Capers era unfortunately has dropped expectations big time.
Co-sign. That's how we are: We can't get rid of Kubiak because, well, look at what we had under Capers! (As if the only alternative would be re-hiring Capers. I swear, we sports fans can be dumbasses sometimes).

Having said that, I went to the game today, and it was a blast. I have no voice and damn near had a heart attack, but defintely a good day at Reliant.

Still, I bet if you asked Kubiak about our problems on defense, he would say: "What problems? Our defense is fine."

Clueless.
Old 10-17-2010   #720
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post

Rep!

Some of you need to read this over a few times. Sure we have some injuries. But this is KUBIAK'S DEFENSE. HE assembled this team. HE chose his coordinators. HE chose many of his players. HE decided to go into battle with a rookie CB, a couple of 2nd year CBs, safeties that can't cover, and HE decided to let go of one of our better backup LBs in Danny Clark.

Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read