Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2010   #661
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
As much as players may despise him, I would love for Gruden to become the next HC for our team. He can yell and scream all I want and he's proven to get results.
I think it's pretty obvious you wants something other than results.

We're 4-2 leading the division.
Old 10-17-2010   #662
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
What he has shown us for all these years is that he doesn't get this team amped up to play two full halves consistently, and this is a team that plays either really HOT or really COLD from quarter to quarter.
I honestly think we make more of this than there really is. The other team get's paid too.. they want to win as well, but regardless what happens, Kubiak is always on the back end. If we blow someone out in the first half, but the other team makes a second half comeback, Kubiak is playing conservative & can't get his team to play for 4 Qtrs. If we stumble in the first half, but come out on fire in the second, He can't get his team amped up to start a game.

Last year, the only thing that mattered was W-L.... stats didn't mean anything. there were no moral victories. This year, we're 4-2 half the team playing injured, we lose our MLB (the QB of the defense), we get a win...... but it ain't good enough.
Old 10-17-2010   #663
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
We're 4-2 leading the division.
Come on TK. I know you can see how desperate the Texans situation is right now even at 4-2 and leading the division. They just had to score 35 points to beat a Chiefs team that is a run first team. It won't happen like that all year. The Texans defense is horrible and they alone will keep this team from going anywhere. The better teams will exploit our weaknesses to embarrassment. It is great to be happy today but we still have to look at the big picture.
Old 10-17-2010   #664
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNTLEWOLF View Post
My question is,"Who do they beat to get the six wins?"
Don't think for one minute that the colts won't be ready with answers to beat this team as will Jacksonville-twice, and Tennessee-twice. That looks like 5 losses to me and that is in our division. My feeling is that we can stick a fork in this team cause they're done. But Kubiak will get his contract extended again cause, shucks, he's a great guy.
Why can't we wait two weeks before we start this?

Just two weeks?
Old 10-17-2010   #665
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I don't understand what he can show us at this point. What can he show us? <snip>

This franchise and it's fans need higher expectations and that's the biggest problem.
It has nothing to do with fan expectations. The team extended him, and Kubiak has built this team into what it is. So Kubiak can get up there and talk about how Earl Mitchell is the type of DT they want, or that they think they'll be fine at the S position, or that they need yet another TE instead of help on D. But show me. If he actually thinks all that, then he needs to win with it.

Moreover, firing the coach in mid-season is just flushing the season down the tubes. There's still a chance that they can make the playoffs with a terrible defense, although that chance seems to be diminishing each week. And even if they do make it, they'll get their asses handed to them. But if you fire Kubiak in mid-season, the team is finished.

So start warming up the interview skills for the off-season and just hope in the meantime. It's all we can do.
Old 10-17-2010   #666
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I honestly think we make more of this than there really is. The other team get's paid too.. they want to win as well, but regardless what happens, Kubiak is always on the back end. If we blow someone out in the first half, but the other team makes a second half comeback, Kubiak is playing conservative & can't get his team to play for 4 Qtrs. If we stumble in the first half, but come out on fire in the second, He can't get his team amped up to start a game.

Last year, the only thing that mattered was W-L.... stats didn't mean anything. there were no moral victories. This year, we're 4-2 half the team playing injured, we lose our MLB (the QB of the defense), we get a win...... but it ain't good enough.
Sorry, but I'm calling BS. The Texans consistently prove one thing - that they make the other team look really great. New Texans marketing slogan should be "Reliant Stadium: Where Stars Are Made".
Old 10-17-2010   #667
Lucky

Rep Power: 172599 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why can't we wait two weeks before we start this?

Just two weeks?
Certainly. As long as we don't have to endure 2 weeks of "Kubiak has the team moving in the right direction" threads.
Old 10-17-2010   #668
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69341 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

These posts are ****ing absurd.
Old 10-17-2010   #669
thunderkyss 
&amp; so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
Come on TK. I know you can see how desperate the Texans situation is right now even at 4-2 and leading the division. They just had to score 35 points to beat a Chiefs team that is a run first team. It won't happen like that all year. The Texans defense is horrible and they alone will keep this team from going anywhere. The better teams will exploit our weaknesses to embarrassment. It is great to be happy today but we still have to look at the big picture.
The HC told you what the plan is. We're going with this young secondary, come hell or high water. He believes in them, & I believe he very well should. I'm loving Glover Quin in his second year. If Jackson can play to that level, we'll be set. I have faith that Jackson will. He's looking really good to me.

Gary believes in the guys we have. He believes they will get better. & we're 4-2.
Old 10-17-2010   #670
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 115966 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Hmm...

We're 4-2, 1st place in the division and undefeated in the AFC.

It's all on Kubiak.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Old 10-17-2010   #671
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNTLEWOLF View Post
Dex I got your point. I was just trying to imagine where this team as it stands now, will dig up six wins. I know that you weren't implying that this team could even get six wins.
As I see it we might beat Denver and possibly the Chargers the way they are playing.
The Chargers just got their All-Pro left tackle back from a holdout, and
their #1 receiver, Vincent Jackson, is expected to report to the team
from a holdout. So, by the time the Chargers play us, their offense
should be "full tilt."
Old 10-17-2010   #672
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Bush needs to go , however, I don't know who they could replace him with ...
Old 10-17-2010   #673
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
Hmm...

We're 4-2, 1st place in the division and undefeated in the AFC.

It's all on Kubiak.
Yep. And if Kubiak is as willing as you are to ignore in victory what he would not ignore in defeat, then I guess we'll see where that gets him, huh?

Like I said, this is his make-or-break year. Regardless, his decision-making has not improved this team's chances to win.
Old 10-17-2010   #674
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 115966 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Yep. And if Kubiak is as willing as you are to ignore in victory what he would not ignore in defeat, then I guess we'll see where that gets him, huh?

Like I said, this is his make-or-break year. Regardless, his decision-making has not improved this team's chances to win.
My post will be the same no matter what happens.

If we end up 4-12 it will look like this:

Hmm...

We're 4-12, last place in the division and got our asses kicked in the AFC.

It's all on Kubiak.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Old 10-17-2010   #675
thunderkyss 
&amp; so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Sorry, but I'm calling BS. The Texans consistently prove one thing - that they make the other team look really great. New Texans marketing slogan should be "Reliant Stadium: Where Stars Are Made".
I'm only watching the game right now, but so far I don't have any huge problems with the game. I did listen to the whole thing on the radio, but the first half looked pretty good to me.

If I remember the broadcast pretty well, the offense moved the ball a little, the great kick-off returner Vonta Leach got us in position to score 7 in the second qtr, & we gave up a late last minute TD.

No big deal, happens all the time.

Offense looked bad in the 3rd Qtr.. defense looked really bad in the 3rd Qtr (we lost Demeco early in the 3rd).

We scored 21 points in the 4th... if it were the NYGiants scoring 21 points in a single Qtr, it's excellent frek'n coaching. If it's the Texans, it's blind luck.

remember, stats are meaningless. Ws & Ls are the only thing that matters. You want to ***** about Kubiak losing 8 games this year, let's wait 'till he does.

that's all I'm saying.
Old 10-17-2010   #676
thunderkyss 
&amp; so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Certainly. As long as we don't have to endure 2 weeks of "Kubiak has the team moving in the right direction" threads.
Man.... Kubiak sure has this team moving in the right direction. Never give up, play till the whistle blows.... just do it. We must protect this house, it's in you........

yadda, yadda, yadda.
Old 10-17-2010   #677
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Yes. You're right. There WILL be balance. LOL
Old 10-17-2010   #678
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 151293 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

The way I see it Kubiak is the head coach of the Texans and will be for the foreseeable future. Granted, the foreseeable future in the NFL is nor far but this is the deal right now.

I was disappointed when Kubiak's contract was upped but from that moment on all I can really do is ***** about draw plays on 3rd and 20. I think right now firing Kubes would do more harm than good.

If there is no Week 18 for this team I'm sure I will have plenty to say but for now this the hand dealt and so I will just have to live with it and hope for the best.
Old 10-17-2010   #679
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1893 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

I mentioned this elsewhere and got no responses. I wonder if anyone else has noticed that between our Head Coach, DC, and OC, they have less than 6 years of experience in that coaching spot. Kubes has 4, Bush has 1, Dennison has 0.

Ultimately, in the NFL, you are what your record says you are. Still, last year we should have won a couple games we lost (Colts at home, Jags at home). This year, we have won one we should have lost (Skins) and very nearly another (Chiefs).

Here's what I'm saying. Last year we got unlucky in going 9-7. This year we are damn lucky to be 4-2 and the way we are playing right now, I won't be surprised to see us miss the playoffs again.

I don't think Kubiak should go because of where we are right now, but because of where I expect us to be in 10 weeks. Actually I think Kubiak has gotten as a HC, but his coaching team is abysmal, and that's what matters.
Old 10-17-2010   #680
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 290661 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

4-2 is good, but there will be two other AFC South teams with the same record after Monday night. The team in last place will be 3-3. This is the year the Texans HAVE to win in the division, or they'll miss the playoffs again.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read