Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2010   #621
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
It's always someone else's fault. The coordinators. The assistants. The players. It's never on Gary Kubiak. He's just the head coach.
Well, since this is the guy Kubiak wanted, it's definitely on him. If this were Mike Singletary, who probably took what he thought was the best available (I don't know if Singletary was able to pick "his" guy).. then I wouldn't blame the HC, I'd blame the OC.... like Garrett in Dallas, Wade shouldn't be blamed for that situation.

But yes, this time if it's the OC, it's on Kubiak & he'll tell you so.
Old 10-16-2010   #622
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
But yes, this time if it's the OC, it's on Kubiak & he'll tell you so.
Kubiak will certainly tell you so. It's just that nobody wants to believe him.
Old 10-16-2010   #623
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

The calls by the OC and DC are on them, but the choosing of those coordinators is on Kubiak. What is also on Kubiak is not getting onto those coordinators for not making the adjustments needed to overcome adversity.

IMHO, I think the Defense has played pretty damned good when we put pressure on the QB AND our secondary is Man on Man. If we get pressure on the QB with our 4 man front, all the better, but if we can't, we need to start blitzing more.

Our Secondary being good is dependant on getting pressure on the QB. However, it doesn't matter how much pressure we put on the QB if the Secondary is playing a soft zone, and gives the QB an open target to dump it off to.
Old 10-16-2010   #624
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtech9 View Post
The calls by the OC and DC are on them, but the choosing of those coordinators is on Kubiak. What is also on Kubiak is not getting onto those coordinators for not making the adjustments needed to overcome adversity.

IMHO, I think the Defense has played pretty damned good when we put pressure on the QB AND our secondary is Man on Man. If we get pressure on the QB with our 4 man front, all the better, but if we can't, we need to start blitzing more.

Our Secondary being good is dependant on getting pressure on the QB. However, it doesn't matter how much pressure we put on the QB if the Secondary is playing a soft zone, and gives the QB an open target to dump it off to.

If Jackson is playing well in the second half of the season then the decision to start him will look a lot better than it does now. That's the gamble they took. If we are 4-2 at the bye and the young secondary begins to gel, then this will be a very different conversation as we head throug November. I'm not predicting it... but, that is what the coaches are thinking.
Old 10-16-2010   #625
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
If Jackson is playing well in the second half of the season then the decision to start him will look a lot better than it does now. That's the gamble they took. If we are 4-2 at the bye and the young secondary begins to gel, then this will be a very different conversation as we head throug November. I'm not predicting it... but, that is what the coaches are thinking.
And if Jackson looks the same and we are 3-3 at the bye after being 3-1 after four games, then people will say the sky is falling.

Neither one would really be a proven statement, but what we do know is what they have shown so far.

What they have shown is the propensity to have total team wide breakdowns.

That, and I can pretty much guarantee that the opposing QB will have a great day.
Old 10-16-2010   #626
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm not disagreeing. Our defense sucked Sunday. 21 points in the first Qtr, 34 points overall. That aint going to get it on any Sunday.

My post was mainly to point out that the defense looked good in spurts. We have reason to be optimistic. It was originally in reply to another post saying they didn't have one good stand the entire game.

Honestly I'm still optimistic about this team but it is tempered somewhat.

The team has done some good things. The defense has done some good things.

I actually am not as down on Kareem as a lot of people are. I think he will be a good corner for us. If not by the end of this year, definitely next year. I like his open field tackling and even though he has gotten beat he is normally right there on the receiver. I think the pass rush is hampered by the fact that opposing QB's are able to hit their back foot and let the ball come out. They rarely have to hold onto the ball for long, and when they do we normally make things happen up front and on the back end.

What I am not optimistic about is the intensity and focus we bring each Sunday come game time. I just don't believe we will get that corrected any time soon. We may be able to win some games in spite of that, but more often than not it will lead to a loss.

I think we can beat the Chiefs this Sunday, but I just don't have a good feeling about this game..
Old 10-16-2010   #627
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Dom had five seasons here is only fair Gary has the same amount of time. Injuries or not the good teams find ways to overcome those.
Old 10-16-2010   #628
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 103337 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

We're 3-2, tied for 1st and undefeated in the AFC south. It's all on Kubiak.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Old 10-16-2010   #629
Dwade
Veteran

Rep Power: 56 Dwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
We're 3-2, tied for 1st and undefeated in the AFC south. It's all on Kubiak.
And we got destroyed by a 1-3 Dallas team, and demolished by a Giant's team that lost to the Colts...
Old 10-16-2010   #630
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwade View Post
And we got destroyed by a 1-3 Dallas team, and demolished by a Giant's team that lost to the Colts...
And we destroyed a 3-2 Colts team that destroyed the Giants, and beat a Washington team that destroyed the cowgurls.

Welcome to the NFL.
Old 10-16-2010   #631
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwade View Post
Kubiak is the epitome of milquetoast. No passion
That is some typical bullshite from someone that apparently doesn't pay attention.
Old 10-16-2010   #632
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
That is some typical bullshite from someone that apparently doesn't pay attention.
You're not expecting common sense are you?
Old 10-16-2010   #633
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
And we destroyed a 3-2 Colts team that destroyed the Giants, and beat a Washington team that destroyed the cowgurls.

Welcome to the NFL.

I don't feel good about either of those wins other than the fact that they were wins.

About the only thing we had going for us against the Colts was the running game.

Against the Skins,we sucked for most of the game but we had quite a few late game heroics and some lucky balls bounce our way.

I'm glad we got the win, but under Kubiak I've seen too many games like the Giants, Cowboys and the Saints in the pre-season.

For some reason, this team just don't not come out ready to play every Sunday like a professional franchise should. I've been a big kubiak supporter, and I would still hate to have to get on the band wagon that wants to see him go, but this stuff is getting old.

There is no reason for us to play as poorly as we have played in some games this year. I don't care how bad the secondary is, we should not be giving up this many yards.

Simple things like putting the corners up on the WR and not conceding 6-7 yard receptions reflects on the D-coordinator and head coach. Not being able to move the ball with the offensive talent we have reflects on the O-coordinator and head coach. Poor special teams play reflects poorly on the Special teams coordinator and the head coach.

What do all of those deficiencies have in common?

That's right, the common denominator is the head coach.

I'm hoping Kubes can get his stuff together and get his team to play like a professional franchise on a weekly basis, but honestly it's not looking too good right now.
Old 10-16-2010   #634
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
For some reason, this team just don't not come out ready to play every Sunday like a professional franchise should. I've been a big kubiak supporter, and I would still hate to have to get on the band wagon that wants to see him go, but this stuff is getting old.
I think our defense came to play. There was a lot of energy, & they were playing fast IMHO... too fast.

Schaub has came out slow every game this year. I think that is a real issue. The game against the Seahawks in 2009 is the only "fast start" I can recall right now.

Owen Daniels looked great against the Giants. I hope he'll help us get off to a fast start the rest of the season.

I'm also still very impressed with Dressen. With those two tightends, I don't see how we could ever get off to a slow start. They are both very adequate blockers & they both have soft hands. The defense should never be able to tell which tight end is going to do what.

Our 2 TE sets should be deadly.
Old 10-16-2010   #635
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Simple things like putting the corners up on the WR and not conceding 6-7 yard receptions reflects on the D-coordinator and head coach. Not being able to move the ball with the offensive talent we have reflects on the O-coordinator and head coach. Poor special teams play reflects poorly on the Special teams coordinator and the head coach.
I have never... ever... ever,ever ever seen a game where the CBs did not give cushion. I have never seen a game where both corners played press coverage the entire game.

I think there is a reason for that.

Maybe we do it more than other teams...... I won't argue that. But that's basic defense & is in every teams play book.
Old 10-16-2010   #636
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I have never... ever... ever,ever ever seen a game where the CBs did not give cushion. I have never seen a game where both corners played press coverage the entire game.

Maybe we do it more than other teams...... I won't argue that. But that's basic defense & is in every teams play book.
Not saying press the corners the entire game. Not even saying press them at all. Just saying play them a little closer and not concede easy yards a majority of the time.

If I'm a QB and I know that your are going to play that soft zone and give my receivers a 6-7 yard cushion even when it's short yardage to go, I'm going to take that all day.

Go back and look at the Giants game...Before the announcers even said anything about how silly the Texans D looked playing that soft zone for the whole first half, I was wondering what kind of coach Kubiak really was.

Look at the play by play...Eli wasn't throwing deep over the middle. He was throwing short and intermediate passes outside of the hashes. This has long been a problem with this defense. They go into a mode where they just allow the opposing QB to have easy underneath passes.

In the second half you see we started to play up on the receivers some and 'coincidentally' we started getting more pressure on Eli and more forced throws.

I just can't understand playing your corner back 6 yards off the LOS when the offense only needs two yards for a first down. Makes absolutely no sense...especially if you have safety help over the top.

But I never said anything about pressing the corners or playing them a certain way for the whole game. The whole point is to mix it up. Pressing the whole game will get you beat just as bad as playing off the whole game.
Old 10-16-2010   #637
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Took the words right out of my mouth. I wish just once I could see a game where the D did play press coverage a LOT just to see what happens.

Old 10-17-2010   #638
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Go back and look at the Giants game...Before the announcers even said anything about how silly the Texans D looked playing that soft zone for the whole first half, I was wondering what kind of coach Kubiak really was.
I hate listening to what the commentators say.... especially Ron Jaworski or Chris Collinsworth. They yap & yap & prove they don't really understand the game as much as they should.

Now if it were Gruden or Madden (& there are a couple more that know what they are talking about, but not many).

This is the beginning of the second Qtr
Old 10-17-2010   #639
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

More

Old 10-17-2010   #640
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

This year our special teams are worse. Our pass rush is worse. Our secondary is waaaaay worse. Our offense is worse.

Every year I defend Kubiak. I'm now convinced this is his last year.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read