Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2010   #601
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
It's the NFL. You either got it, or you don't. And outside of the initial win vs. the Colts this season, this team has looked disorganized and can't adjust to the other team.
Didnt the Texans adjust vs. the Skins?

Houston 1st half: 7 points
Washington 1st half: 20 points

Texans 2nd half: 20 points
Washington 2nd half: 7 points

I would say that is the epitome of adjusting in the NFL.
Old 10-15-2010   #602
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post

Well, would've been nice to see sort of adjustments in the Giants and Cowboys games. Instead I saw us get our ass kicked by two mediocre coaching staffs.

I was excited about the DC win, but in truth, we got lucky.

Offensively we're out of sync. Defensively our secondary is killing us. I just hope that with Cushing getting more reps with the other starters that the defense will look better as time goes on like usual.
Old 10-15-2010   #603
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Well, would've been nice to see sort of adjustments in the Giants and Cowboys games. Instead I saw us get our ass kicked by two mediocre coaching staffs.

I was excited about the DC win, but in truth, we got lucky.

Offensively we're out of sync. Defensively our secondary is killing us. I just hope that with Cushing getting more reps with the other starters that the defense will look better as time goes on like usual.
I understand how you feel. I was just replying to GP's statement that the Texans are unable to adjust.

And I will have to disagree that "we got lucky." The Texans executed the gameplan on offense and earned the win. Lucky would be our right tackle performing a choke hold on the OLB on the last plays of the game. Twice. lol @ Alex Barron.
Old 10-15-2010   #604
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Defensively our secondary is killing us. I just hope that with Cushing getting more reps with the other starters that the defense will look better as time goes on like usual.
I disregard argument that says this. Watch the games, & you'll see it's not true. Pass coverage is killing us, but it's definitely not the secondary. Even with Kj back there, his mistakes aren't the ones killing us.

Every team makes plays to the WRs, that's what they are supposed to do, so I don't over-react to one or two mistakes by Kj.

Lbs are killing us. You saw Cushing get a hand on a ball. Prior to the Giants game, Adibi is the only other LB to tip a ball, or be anywhere close to a ball thrown by a QB. Even Demeco's tip to Nolan in the Raiders game wasn't until the ball had already hit Murphy.

Watch other teams, see how many times LBs in coverage do their job & make it difficult for a QB to complete passes.

We don't have the best secondary in the league, but we don't have the worse either. Our zone coverages are crap & the CBs are doing a good job there... our safeties slightly worse, & our LBs are just terrible.

Like you said, I hope that changes with Cushing. But if he's the only LB who can attack the QB & defend the pass, I only see it getting slightly better.
Old 10-15-2010   #605
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 64539 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn.

I thought this thread just popped back up earlier this week when the loss was still fresh in our minds. I'm known to not let shit go but even I moved on lol. I see it's still going strong.

I have to say that as my comments prove I am not yet in the "Fire Kubiak" club and have no pink soap, more crapfests like last week will continue to sway that position.

This team is too talented sans the secondary not to win now.

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 10-15-2010   #606
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
*Thanks God above that some members of this board or just that, and not in the Texans organization*

Idiots!!!
Bill, I have a couple of sincere questions for you that I hope you will take the time to answer.

1. Do you think five years is enough time to get it right?

2. Do you think Kubiak is the man for the job and will be the coach to get us to the promised land? If yes, then continue calling everyone that wants Kubiak gone an idi0t.

3. Can you think of 8 games in the last two seasons where Kubiak has outcoached his opponent? I'm not talking about luck of the draw like the Washington game when we not only got lucky with Pollard blocking the field goal, not only got lucky with Andre making his miracle catch, and not only got lucky with Gano missing field goal try #2 in OT. I am talking about games like the Colts game this year or the Titans game last year.

Old 10-15-2010   #607
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 263584 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

meh.....the fact of the matter is the Texans are still an inconsistent team just like they were when Kubiak got here. They are just a more talented inconsistent team now.

The Texans have what it takes to win the AFC South if they so desire. The question remains how badly do "they" (players, coaches, front office) desire it. So far this year they've been doing what they've been doing since BEFORE Kubiak and Smith arrived; sometimes they show up for the game sometimes they don't.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Old 10-15-2010   #608
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I understand how you feel. I was just replying to GP's statement that the Texans are unable to adjust.

And I will have to disagree that "we got lucky." The Texans executed the gameplan on offense and earned the win. Lucky would be our right tackle performing a choke hold on the OLB on the last plays of the game. Twice. lol @ Alex Barron.
Executed the game plan? Which involved falling behind big in the first half and having Matt killed?

Part of was decent run defense the other part was DC unable to run the ball. Not to mention it took a heave throw on 4th and ten resulting ina jump ball that thankfully AJ managed to come down with.

Look I'll an ugly win anyday, but to think we went in and executed a game plan the entire game just isn't what my eyes saw that day.

They have shown they have the ability to adjust, but can't seem to be consistent on it. Same thing with Gary being able to manage a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I disregard argument that says this. Watch the games, & you'll see it's not true. Pass coverage is killing us, but it's definitely not the secondary. Even with Kj back there, his mistakes aren't the ones killing us.

Every team makes plays to the WRs, that's what they are supposed to do, so I don't over-react to one or two mistakes by Kj.

Lbs are killing us. You saw Cushing get a hand on a ball. Prior to the Giants game, Adibi is the only other LB to tip a ball, or be anywhere close to a ball thrown by a QB. Even Demeco's tip to Nolan in the Raiders game wasn't until the ball had already hit Murphy.

Watch other teams, see how many times LBs in coverage do their job & make it difficult for a QB to complete passes.

We don't have the best secondary in the league, but we don't have the worse either. Our zone coverages are crap & the CBs are doing a good job there... our safeties slightly worse, & our LBs are just terrible.

Like you said, I hope that changes with Cushing. But if he's the only LB who can attack the QB & defend the pass, I only see it getting slightly better.
Agree on our Lbers. I've said repeatedly that I like Diles, but his lack of foot speed is killing us over the middle. I'd really like to see him moved to the middle if the Staff just insists that Diles, Ryans, Cushing is really the best 3 we're got. I just know that isn't going to happen though.

I'm ust hoping more than anything that with Cushing back and getting reps we can have a LBer that can hold down the TE from completely killing us and he's the best pass rushing LBer as well.

Biggest problem is that its really not going to matter who lines up against Jackson, teams are going to target who he is covering. Athletically I think the guy has the tools to be good, just I think the staff made a big mistake in throwing him in the fire right away.
Old 10-15-2010   #609
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Biggest problem is that its really not going to matter who lines up against Jackson, teams are going to target who he is covering. Athletically I think the guy has the tools to be good, just I think the staff made a big mistake in throwing him in the fire right away.
Actually, I believe McCain gets targeted even more, even though he is only in on Nickel situations.

Also the Giants game, we looked rely good on defense, when they were fresh. If we can move the ball on offense, I don't care how as long as we take time off the clock, I don't think or defense, any part of it, will be a liability.
Old 10-15-2010   #610
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Executed the game plan? Which involved falling behind big in the first half and having Matt killed?

Part of was decent run defense the other part was DC unable to run the ball. Not to mention it took a heave throw on 4th and ten resulting in a jump ball that thankfully AJ managed to come down with.

Look I'll an ugly win any day, but to think we went in and executed a game plan the entire game just isn't what my eyes saw that day.

They have shown they have the ability to adjust, but can't seem to be consistent on it. Same thing with Gary being able to manage a game.
GS, when did I say that the Texans went in and executed a game plan the ENTIRE game? I simply said that they executed the offensive game plan, and made the plays that it took to win the game. You call it lucky. But I call it timely execution. We finally got our shit together and made some plays.

And I dont consider the 4th and 10 play to AJ as luck either. It was a top 10 QB throwing to the #1 WR in the league. Ill take my chances with that. Especially against Doughty.

I am all for holding people accountable for their actions. But when they make a good play you cant just cast it aside and say it was luck! Unless you like being a pessimist.
Old 10-15-2010   #611
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Actually, I believe McCain gets targeted even more, even though he is only in on Nickel situations.

Also the Giants game, we looked rely good on defense, when they were fresh. If we can move the ball on offense, I don't care how as long as we take time off the clock, I don't think or defense, any part of it, will be a liability.
I will add to this that I feel that a defense is going to get defalted fast when hey see their offense struggle that much. Kind of like, "here we go again." There are only a few defenses good enough to play lights out all 60 minutes. And they aint from Houston. If our offense can keep them fresh, and give them hope, I think our defense can make some plays.
Old 10-15-2010   #612
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Is that really proof of adjusting, or did guys just play better?

You have a 4th down 'miracle' catch by AJ in the endzone, and you also have a blocked FG by Pollard, and you also have their FG kicker miss a game winning FG...

I didn't feel good after that win and I don't feel good about it now.

I'm happy we won, but I'm not happy about how we won. Washington had to really screw up in the end, and we had to make some unbelievable plays to win that game. That's not a good combo.
Old 10-15-2010   #613
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

TK, the offense is not going to be on fire every week.

I would like to be able to actually win a game 13-10 every once in a while.

They are two separate units and even though they can help each other out, you can't out the blame on the offense because the defense wasn't "rested".

They can cause 3 and outs just like the opponents D can cause 3 and outs. Problem is, they don't do that often enough.
Old 10-15-2010   #614
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The biggest knock on this team, IMO, has been an inability to handle diversity in a game. True, that diversity shouldn't have been in some of those games... but it was there, & we've done better than not overall.
i hope you mean "adversity"

-Ben Franklin
Old 10-15-2010   #615
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281 View Post
i hope you mean "adversity"
He might mean "diversity." The myriad of ways the Texans get their
asses whooped at Reliant has been quite "diverse."
Old 10-15-2010   #616
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29405 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexmanc View Post
he might mean "diversity." the myriad of ways the texans get their
asses whooped at reliant has been quite "diverse."
lmao!!!!!!!!
Old 10-15-2010   #617
Dwade
Veteran

Rep Power: 56 Dwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak is the epitome of milquetoast. No passion
Old 10-15-2010   #618
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63941 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

With our offense out of synch more than it has been in years, I'm looking at our new offensive coordinator, not Kubiak.

Same goes for Gibbs.
Old 10-15-2010   #619
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
TK, the offense is not going to be on fire every week.

I would like to be able to actually win a game 13-10 every once in a while.

They are two separate units and even though they can help each other out, you can't out the blame on the offense because the defense wasn't "rested".

They can cause 3 and outs just like the opponents D can cause 3 and outs. Problem is, they don't do that often enough.
I'm not disagreeing. Our defense sucked Sunday. 21 points in the first Qtr, 34 points overall. That aint going to get it on any Sunday.

My post was mainly to point out that the defense looked good in spurts. We have reason to be optimistic. It was originally in reply to another post saying they didn't have one good stand the entire game.
Old 10-16-2010   #620
Lucky

Rep Power: 163616 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
With our offense out of synch more than it has been in years, I'm looking at our new offensive coordinator, not Kubiak.

Same goes for Gibbs.
It's always someone else's fault. The coordinators. The assistants. The players. It's never on Gary Kubiak. He's just the head coach.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read