Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2010   #561
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

I see the pink soap is back.

There are only two types of coaches, ones that have been fired or those who are about to be.
Old 10-14-2010   #562
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 391219 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is it time to fire the coach and defensive coordinator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
The record isn't all that impressive considering who we beat. I expect us to get embarrassed again when we play the Ravens and Jets. The fact of the matter is that he's had 5 years and hasn't been able to put a physical team together yet except when he's playing the weak sisters.
Really? So Indy and the Redskins are weak sisters?
Old 10-14-2010   #563
Lucky

Rep Power: 181825 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Really? So Indy and the Redskins are weak sisters?
Do we really know how good the Colts are this season? Those two games seem like ancient history after the last 2 home debacles. With a 3-2 record, it's absurd to consider firing Kubiak in season. But, is it too soon to question whether Kubiak and his coaching style will ever lead this team to the playoffs and a championship? I don't think so.
Old 10-14-2010   #564
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 391219 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Do we really know how good the Colts are this season? Those two games seem like ancient history after the last 2 home debacles. With a 3-2 record, it's absurd to consider firing Kubiak in season. But, is it too soon to question whether Kubiak and his coaching style will ever lead this team to the playoffs and a championship? I don't think so.
I get questioning Kubiak which is why I said nothing about him. But I hate when people get all silly and make whack assertions to support their arguments. The Colts have had 12 or more wins the last 7 years straight and have been in the playoffs 10 of the last 11 years. I think the idea they are suddenly a "weak sister" is absurd especially as an assertion of a fan from a team who just beat them for the 2nd time ever. Washington doesn't look like a behemoth but is leading the division and doesn't look like a weak sister either.
Old 10-14-2010   #565
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Not to mention that Oakland is better than people will admit.

Pull out the pink soap, pull out the pink soap!!!

Old 10-14-2010   #566
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30074 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is it time to fire the coach and defensive coordinator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Yeah, I'm sure you love Kubiak a whole lot, just enough not to ask for him to be fired after 4 games. You gave him 5, good for you, lol...

Firing coaches mid-season works in baseball and sometimes basketball because the seasons last so long. In the NFL, there's really no point in removing a head coach mid-season because there won't be enough time for him to change anything significantly enough to turn the team around.

The team is 3-2, so how about waiting until they have a losing record before saying the Texans can't win with Kubiak?

Do a search for all of my posts and tell me where, and when, I said Kubiak should be fired in the middle of the season.

Firing a coach in the middle of the season is a terrible idea, and rarely works. I have always argued that we should not have extended him. And, I am currently arguing that IF - repeat IF - we continue down the same consistent line of bullshit, he should be fired AT THE END OF THIS YEAR.

IF - repeat IF - he turns this team around and gets us to the playoffs, then, I will have been wrong about him, and will admit it.
Old 10-14-2010   #567
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

I have my doubts about kubiak but we are 3-2
They have laid some turfs this year but if we can get a win versus KC in our own stadium we will be 4-2 going into a bye with Duane brown coming back and giving 15 days of recovery to the ailing

If they go into the bye at .500 with a trip to Indy on MNF...well it will be hard to find much optimism

This is pretty much sink or swim Sunday
1-3 at home would be a big bad omen for me

Trust me, if they keep failing i will be grabbing the pink soap real quick like. Didn't I start this thread anyway? jk ;(
Old 10-14-2010   #568
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
They have laid some turfs this year but if we can get a win versus KC in our own stadium we will be 4-2 going into a bye with Duane brown coming back and giving 15 days of recovery to the ailing

If they go into the bye at .500 with a trip to Indy on MNF...well it will be hard to find much optimism

Trust me, if they keep failing i will be grabbing the pink soap real quick like. Didn't I start this thread anyway? jk ;(
Dude, did someone hack your account or something?

The change in your posts is nothing short of miraculous. Is this still "Doug from the Woodlands?"

Old 10-14-2010   #569
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

No football in 2011 anyways, so I say let Kubiak stay through 2011. LOL.

I still think Gary Kubiak has this idea that he can build an offense and stock it with the right players (which he has, to some degree) and that it will beat any team's defense because of the superiority of the system he employs.

He just has an Ostrich mentality, the habit of sticking his head into a hole in the ground instead of doing something that will actually HELP everyone around him.

I don't think he recovers from this. I think the team, overall, has lost confidence in him as the head coach. I don't think they will fight for him like they normally did at the end of each previous season.

And if this "team" is taking games off and essentially choosing when to excel and when to sandbag it, then shame on them all. And shame on Gurry Kubiak for not doing something about it.

Man, it is such a kick in the nuts to be a fan of an NFL team who is either horrible and cannot win or is a faker and breaks your heart consistently when it looks like they can do something meaningful (but bombs out on you instead).
Old 10-14-2010   #570
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107872 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Dude, did someone hack your account or something?

The change in your posts is nothing short of miraculous. Is this still "Doug from the Woodlands?"
This

I dont think he should be fired this season.

But I think we can all agree he shouldn't be signed to an extention either.
Old 10-14-2010   #571
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post

3-2 record, upon closer examination, is a prayer away from being 1-4.
Beat the Colts. Good win

Beat the Redskins. Required multiple miracles on both sides of the ball & special teams.

Got beat by the Cowboys. They were and are now WINLESS against everybody BUT The Texans

Beat the Raiders. Let them back into the game, and almost got beat.

Got embarrassed by the Giants. Coughlin and his coaching staff made
Kubiak and HIS team look like amateurs in ALL PHASES.

They've only gotten ONE 60-minute win against a good team, and I don't
remember the last time they beat a good team within the first
12 game window of ANY season under Kubiak. The Texans have
not given the fans any evidence they'll be able to survive the gauntlet
of games in November.

After November, we pretty much know who's going to the playoffs. All that's
left to be determined will be the seeding. The Texans bust be at least
7-5 by the end of November, to be in the running.
Old 10-14-2010   #572
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
This is true for many NFL teams, and not just the Texans.
Old 10-14-2010   #573
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
This is true for many NFL teams, and not just the Texans.
They still got me askin' "Who dey beat?"

Starting this week, they'll have to beat a LOT of reputable teams
to go to the playoffs. They must finish the season no worse
than 7-4 over the next eleven games.
Old 10-14-2010   #574
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 296677 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
What do you think about the 3-2 Greenbay Packers?
Wins: Philly, Buffalo, Detroit
Losses: Chicago, Washington

What do you think about the 3-2 Indianapolis Colts?
Wins: Giants, Broncos, Chiefs
Losses: Texans, Jaguars

Or the 3-2 New Orleans Saints
Wins: Minnesota, 49ers, Carolina
Losses: Atlanta, Arizona

What do you think about the 2-3 San Diego Chargers
Wins: Jacksonville, Arizona
Losses: Chiefs, Seattle, Oakland
Old 10-14-2010   #575
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
What do you think about the 3-2 Greenbay Packers?
Wins: Philly, Buffalo, Detroit
Losses: Chicago, Washington

What do you think about the 3-2 Indianapolis Colts?
Wins: Giants, Broncos, Chiefs
Losses: Texans, Jaguars

Or the 3-2 New Orleans Saints
Wins: Minnesota, 49ers, Carolina
Losses: Atlanta, Arizona

What do you think about the 2-3 San Diego Chargers
Wins: Jacksonville, Arizona
Losses: Chiefs, Seattle, Oakland
I'm talking about the Texans, and Kubiak.
Each one of the head coaches of the teams you've
mentioned have been to postseason within the last
five years. Kubiak has not, so his margin for error
is NIL.
Old 10-14-2010   #576
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Some of you people!!!

Including, Vista, and Brakos!!
Old 10-15-2010   #577
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 296677 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I'm talking about the Texans, and Kubiak.
Each one of the head coaches of the teams you've
mentioned have been to postseason within the last
five years. Kubiak has not, so his margin for error
is NIL.
So if Kubiak is doing as well as they are, he must be on the right track...

Cool.
Old 10-15-2010   #578
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
So if Kubiak is doing as well as they are, he must be on the right track...

Cool.
We shouldn't have to use the word "if" when referencing Kubiak.
When the word "if" surfaces during a discussion about Kubiak, take
"if" as a sign Kubiak is not meetin expectations.
Old 10-15-2010   #579
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 90450 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We shouldn't have to use the word "if" when referencing Kubiak.
When the word "if" surfaces during a discussion about Kubiak, take
"if" as a sign Kubiak is not meetin expectations.
Ya know, you are starting ( or maybe have been for awhile) coming across as a perfectionist fan. If we went 19-0, you would probably be complaining about margin of victory, or upset that we now had the last pick in the draft.

And there is nothing wrong with that...

Have you ever been escited about this team? If so, then when was the turning point? When the Texans lost on 9/15/2002?
Old 10-15-2010   #580
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Ya know, you are starting ( or maybe have been for awhile) coming across as a perfectionist fan.
Not at all. I understand Kubiak has been given more rope than any
coach in recent history, and am analyzing his progress during his *bonus*
season. Looking at the schedule, I'm seeing the *tougher* games
backloaded onto the schedule, unlike what we had in 2009. 7-4
the rest of the way, considering you'll be playing your DIRECT competition
for the Division Championship and /or AFC Wildcard in TEN of the next ELEVEN
games, gets you a playoff spot. Tiebreakers look like they're gonna be a HUGE
factor in the seedings, and the Texans play dang-near all of the teams they
need tiebreakers on head-to-head.

I'm just looking for SOMETHING, that shows me the Texans will finally
achieve a winning record in the AFC, when it hasn't happened in five
seasons.

Perfectionist? No. However, I'm not looking at the losses as numbers
only. The way the Texans played, in both losses, is what is unacceptable.
When they come out woefully unprepared, unfocused, and out-schemed,
they'd better win the game. Piss-poor performances, is what I'm posting about.
If they're gonna lose, they'd better play some good football while
doing it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read