Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2010   #541
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

I'm rewatching the game right now. 3rd & 10 @ 10:21 remaining in the 4th Qtr. Matt waits until AJ is halfway across the field on a crossing route to throw the ball his direction. AJ really has no shot at catching this ball. The clock stops at 10:15, but there is a flag on the play.

They show Schaub walking back to the sideline & you can see (by the look on his face) when Matt realizes there is a penalty. He's got this, "Awe shit, you mean I can't go sit on the sidelines now" look on his face, & it's pathetic.

Lucky for him, NY declined the penalty.
Old 10-11-2010   #542
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't put too much stock in holding them to 10 points in the second
half. The Giants clearly switched to a ball control offense after the
second interception. The Texans had no answer, in any phase of the game,
for the physicality of the Giants.
Old 10-11-2010   #543
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
I wouldn't put too much stock in holding them to 10 points in the second
half. The Giants clearly switched to a ball control offense after the
second interception. The Texans had no answer, in any phase of the game,
for the physicality of the Giants.
I don't believe that. We came out punching them in the mouth to start the third Qtr.
Old 10-11-2010   #544
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't believe that. We came out punching them in the mouth to start the third Qtr.
After Eli threw his second pick, the Giants went back to Ball Control offense
and ran the clock out. The Texans offense STILL couldn't move the ball.
Special teams, without Jacoby, could not spark ANYBODY.
Old 10-11-2010   #545
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
The Texans earned the fanbase when they put the word HOUSTON in front of it.

As long as they play in Houston I will be a fan.
This is where I'm at as well, but it doesn't keep me from bitching about them. When the Oilers left town, I no longer cared about them. If the Texans leave town, the same there. As long as the Texans are a Houston team I'll always have them on my TV whether I'm cursing them or happy with them.

Football teams from Houston are just ill-fated it seems. Someone needs to hire a witch doctor or perform an exorcism or something.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Old 10-11-2010   #546
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
This is where I'm at as well, but it doesn't keep me from bitching about them. When the Oilers left town, I no longer cared about them. If the Texans leave town, the same there. As long as the Texans are a Houston team I'll always have them on my TV whether I'm cursing them or happy with them.

Football teams from Houston are just ill-fated it seems. Someone needs to hire a witch doctor or perform an exorcism or something.
I just think the owners hire too many nice guys down here. Must be
something in the barbecue sauce.
Old 10-11-2010   #547
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Gary Kubiak's Texans are.... frustrating and hard to figure out. There's something wrong with them on both sides of the ball and they are to a man Gary's guys. Make no mistake, if the team looks good it's on Gary and if the team looks like they did today then that's on Gary too. This is his mess. He picked them, he coaches them, and he tells them what to do. OK, so his coordinators do that last one but he picked those men as well. What you see on the field is a direct reflection of Gary Kubiak and what he's capable of doing. 5 drafts, 5 training camps, 5 shots at free agency are on display this season and there is no single factor that can possibly outweigh the imprint of Gary Kubiak and the job he's done.
Gary's guys? These are Gary's Kids, and this thread makes me feel like I am annually contributing to a Labor Day Telethon that will spawn no cure.
Old 10-11-2010   #548
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104197 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Has Kubes gone into "Skinny Wade Phillips" territory yet?
Old 10-11-2010   #549
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

One thing I noticed in this game was the refs called a penalty on almost every single punt and kickoff. It was crazy. It didn't effect the outcome of the game but it did stick out to me as being extreme. I didn't care too much for that particular referee crew. On another note I also got tired of hearing Hakeem Nicks name. It was like sandlot football for Eli and Hakeem. Our secondary is so bad it is embarrassing. I still get a sense that it can be fixed to some degree with better schemes. Not saying they would suddenly shutdown everyone but at least close enough to an opposing receiver to be in position to make an effort to break up the play or make the tackle after the catch. Players just look like they are lost and confused and end up leaving guys wide open. Bush may not make it through the year if the Texans continue down the path as being the worst pass defense in NFL history. Nah, Kubiak and McNair are loyal to a fault.
Old 10-11-2010   #550
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

When your opponent continues to throw the ball with a 17 point lead,
and 10 minutes left in the game, you have a SORRY secondary. They
don't respect you AT ALL. They even got a touchdown out of it, to
Steve Smith.
Old 10-11-2010   #551
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Really? Cuz we don't. Last year we won 1 game in our division. We are a whopping 2-14 against the Colts, who we are built to beat? Yes, we beat them last time. I'm not convinced we won't lose the next 5 divisional games is a row...

You know what?, I think we're built to beat the Raiders, Cardinals, and Longhorns...
Well so far this year we are 1-0 against our division and like I said in my post. If we play like that against teams in our division or conference then worry. I am waiting to see how they bounce back from this loss and how they want to go into the bye a 4-2 team or 3-3. I am not pushing panic button yet.
Old 10-11-2010   #552
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I noticed lots of times where our guys on defense are turning to each other, waving arms at each other, running to one spot and then realizing it's the wrong spot, and generally BARELY getting to a spot before the snap.

We had no clue, from a coaching standpoint to a player standpoint, what to do against the Giants offense.

When, all along, it was fairly obvious that all they were doing was throwing to Nicks on the sideline and/or Bradshaw out in the flats. Yet there was zero adjustment made by our coaches.

There's gotta' be something going on that we don't know about. There has to be some sort of shift within the staff and/or players that has got this group divided and easy prey.

They did not look like this last year. The rush defense was porous but that soon stopped. This thing, now, is just growing worse and worse as each week passes.

NFC East teams are devouring us like chicken wings. Whereas the NFC West teams (Rams, Cardinals, Seahawks, 49ers) were soft, these NFC East teams are big, nasty road graders in the trenches. Just as we try to be built for stopping the Colts, it appears the NFC East teams are built to collide head-on with one another every year...and we just got in the way of the brawl.

Anyone else get that feeling? Like we just accidentally entered a really really bad bar fight between very large men with a high pain tolerance? "Excuse me, coming through, pardon me, uhh..ackk! What are you doing? NO! Oh dear God, please stop! Uggh. Ouch! Hey, that's not legal! Uumpph! Someone call 9-1-1! I'm one of Gary's kids! I'm a minor, he doesn't even know I'm here!!!"
Old 10-12-2010   #553
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I noticed lots of times where our guys on defense are turning to each other, waving arms at each other, running to one spot and then realizing it's the wrong spot, and generally BARELY getting to a spot before the snap.

We had no clue, from a coaching standpoint to a player standpoint, what to do against the Giants offense.

When, all along, it was fairly obvious that all they were doing was throwing to Nicks on the sideline and/or Bradshaw out in the flats. Yet there was zero adjustment made by our coaches.

There's gotta' be something going on that we don't know about. There has to be some sort of shift within the staff and/or players that has got this group divided and easy prey.

They did not look like this last year. The rush defense was porous but that soon stopped. This thing, now, is just growing worse and worse as each week passes.

NFC East teams are devouring us like chicken wings. Whereas the NFC West teams (Rams, Cardinals, Seahawks, 49ers) were soft, these NFC East teams are big, nasty road graders in the trenches. Just as we try to be built for stopping the Colts, it appears the NFC East teams are built to collide head-on with one another every year...and we just got in the way of the brawl.

Anyone else get that feeling? Like we just accidentally entered a really really bad bar fight between very large men with a high pain tolerance? "Excuse me, coming through, pardon me, uhh..ackk! What are you doing? NO! Oh dear God, please stop! Uggh. Ouch! Hey, that's not legal! Uumpph! Someone call 9-1-1! I'm one of Gary's kids! I'm a minor, he doesn't even know I'm here!!!"
What you're describing, is when the defense quit playing for Richard Smith.
Wait for the players to drop the "We just run what's called" line, and you'll
have your answer.
Old 10-13-2010   #554
K_Jizzle....
noob

Default Is it time to fire the coach and defensive coordinator?

Man, I think it time for the Coach to go and the especially the Defensive Coordinator. We have a good front four and good linbackers but the DB's suck (Not Pollard). So with all the talent we have there is no excuse why we are last in defense. We don't blitz, no stunts, no linebacker blitz. We just play regular defense and get no pressure on the Quarterback. We need coaches that are defensive minded. Offense will be ok. But Defense is what wins CHAMPIONSHIPS........
Old 10-13-2010   #555
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is it time to fire the coach and defensive coordinator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Jizzle.... View Post
Man, I think it time for the Coach to go and the especially the Defensive Coordinator. We have a good front four and good linbackers but the DB's suck (Not Pollard). So with all the talent we have there is no excuse why we are last in defense. We don't blitz, no stunts, no linebacker blitz. We just play regular defense and get no pressure on the Quarterback. We need coaches that are defensive minded. Offense will be ok. But Defense is what wins CHAMPIONSHIPS........
Ok, Who would you replace them with? Its easy to say they should be fired, but its not so easy to come up with any solid replacements. There is a reason NFL coaches don't get fired in the middle of the season.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Old 10-13-2010   #556
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

You idi0ts can't wait until we have a losing record to pull out the pink soap? C'mon guys...
Old 10-13-2010   #557
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29607 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
You idi0ts can't wait until we have a losing record to pull out the pink soap? C'mon guys...
Uh, no, idi0t.

No one "WANTS" to lose. I have not seen anyone say that they are rooting for a losing season. Most of us want to win, and want to win with KUBIAK.

What we are saying, however, is that some of us are not convinced that that is possible. If Kubiak takes us to the playoffs and beyond, I will HAPPILY eat crow and praise him. If he stinks it up, he will be criticized.

That's how it works.
Old 10-13-2010   #558
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 346173 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post

I still think that Reliant/Astrodome are built on ancient Indian burial grounds or a nuclear waste dump or something equally disturbing.

Case in point: the Astros did nothing spectacular until they moved to Enron/Minutemaid, and then finally made it to a WS.

The Oilers history is well known, and that franchise never made it to the big dance until they left the Astrodome for Hillbillyville.

The Texans...8+ seasons and counting before they do anything...anything at all...anything worth even mentioning....still counting...

I second that motion for an exorcism!!
Old 10-13-2010   #559
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Uh, no, idi0t.

No one "WANTS" to lose. I have not seen anyone say that they are rooting for a losing season. Most of us want to win, and want to win with KUBIAK.
Yeah, I'm sure you love Kubiak a whole lot, just enough not to ask for him to be fired after 4 games. You gave him 5, good for you, lol...

Firing coaches mid-season works in baseball and sometimes basketball because the seasons last so long. In the NFL, there's really no point in removing a head coach mid-season because there won't be enough time for him to change anything significantly enough to turn the team around.

Quote:
What we are saying, however, is that some of us are not convinced that that is possible. If Kubiak takes us to the playoffs and beyond, I will HAPPILY eat crow and praise him. If he stinks it up, he will be criticized.

That's how it works.
The team is 3-2, so how about waiting until they have a losing record before saying the Texans can't win with Kubiak?
Old 10-13-2010   #560
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, I'm sure you love Kubiak a whole lot, just enough not to ask for him to be fired after 4 games. You gave him 5, good for you, lol...

Firing coaches mid-season works in baseball and sometimes basketball because the seasons last so long. In the NFL, there's really no point in removing a head coach mid-season because there won't be enough time for him to change anything significantly enough to turn the team around.
I don't think anyone's advocating for him to be replaced during the middle of the season.

Quote:
The team is 3-2, so how about waiting until they have a losing record before saying the Texans can't win with Kubiak?
The record isn't all that impressive considering who we beat. I expect us to get embarrassed again when we play the Ravens and Jets. The fact of the matter is that he's had 5 years and hasn't been able to put a physical team together yet except when he's playing the weak sisters.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read