Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-28-2005   #21
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Carr was a little off. However, missing the two surest hands on the team(Gaffney, Armstrong) certainly hurt. I counted 4 stone drops and at least 2 balls that probably should have been caught.
- A "little off" is an understatement... dude was horrible. On the positive side of things it looked like there were more opportunities for him to make plays... he just didn't get the job done.

2. The Oline looked very good despite the penalties. This referee crew was flag-happy. For instance, Pitts was called for a hold on a successful screen to DD in the first quarter. His hands were a little wide but it was an absolute pancake and a play that seldom is called holding.
- The 1st team line looked very good for the most part. Pitts has got to get his head out of his arse. He is good for at least 2 penalties a game.

3. The shorter drops, the quicker throws, and the added motion is going to dramatically affect the ability to avoid sacks and keep the Defense off balance. However, as a unit, the offense definitely still lacks rhythm as a result of these changes.
- Anyone notice that the offense looked a lot like the Colts'? Carr's play action fake was identical to Manning and the receiver looping back into backfield looked very familiar.

4. DD looks very, very good. Let's hope he can avoid injury and fumbles. If so, he's going average closer to 4.3 yards a carry this year.
- Agreed. And Morency appears to be good for 5-10 carries a game.

5. Seth Wand looked much better last night returning to tackle. He did a good job on Ware when he was in there. He maintained his blocks better and looked like the guy I thought I saw last season.
- I didn't notice Wand... that's a good thing. You should never hear an offensive lineman's name called.

6. By midseason, our Oline is going to be considered one of the best run-blocking lines in the NFL.
- Possibly. They ran the ball well in the last half of last year.

7. Our front 7 dominated the Cowboy Oline much of the game. The Cowboys caught us in a couple of blitzes late in the first half. However, the Jones touchdown was a result of CC Brown's inexperienced play.
- The Jone's touchdown was on the entire defense. The only guy with a chance of tacking him (DRob) came from the opposite side of the field and thru the backfield. A lot of people blew assignments on that play.

8. Peek and Babin looked very good and very active pass rushing. Babin is very solid in all facets of the game, IMO.
- Hmmm... I hesitate to say that they looked "very good". 4 and 2 tackles respectively does not qualify this imo, but they did make a few more plays this week.

9. We're going to be much more agressive defensively this year.
- They don't have a choice here.

10. Faggins didn't have a hangover from his poor game last week.
- Second leading tackler for the game. He did give up a TD and got kind of lucky on the penalty call.

11. Lewis Sanders doesn't look good. He may not make the roster.
- He should be gone.

12. Our special teams looks very good. Its obvious that our depth has finally caught up with the rest of the NFL.
- Special teams has been the highlight of the preseason.

13. Milford Brown was at the very least a servicable backup RG.
- I guess.

14. Greenwood and Wong won't make as many tackles as the Sharper/Foreman combo. However, they will make more plays.
- Greenwood didn't get credited with a single tackle. This guy has underperformed so far.

15. Hollings will not make the team and Bradford should not either.
- Yes and yes.

16. D. Ware isn't as good as his hype- at least not yet.
- He's already better than Babin was last year.

17. McKinney looks like the guy we thought we were getting four years ago. He's not getting pushed back and is winning many of his battles.
- We'll see.

18. Buchanan is going to frustrate. Especially since Glenn looks to have plenty left in the tank.
- Another underperformer,

19. After watching Denver and Indy, the AFC is very deep and very good. It will be tough to make the playoffs despite vast improvement. I count 2 teams in the AFC that wouldn't likely have winning records in the NFC: miami, cleveland, and possibly tennessee.
- Good point.

20. I'm ready for the season to begin!!!
- No more excuses once the season starts.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005   #22
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

give Dallas some credit, they won the game convincingly & if we can't agree that winning in pre-season is important then at least give their 2nd & 3rd units the nod for being better. that being said I'll be more concerned when the regular season starts
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read