Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2010   #521
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 218004 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I saw Foster drop a shovel-ish pass that hit both his freaking hands too.
You're right about this. I'm giving Schaub a hard time, because he isn't extending drives, & making things happen.

This tells me that he's trying, & it's not all on him.... thanks.
Old 10-10-2010   #522
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2317 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
Pink Soap available at front desk. Here we go this thread is not any good with out you Dumb Arses. We are getting manhandled by the NFC and all is over, fire the coach, how about Andre you catch the ball, or Foster you make yourself look good to the coach so he can have some confidence in our running game, and Defense get your head out of your arse and stop somebody, you looked like a red light in India the way you let Eli Manning school your butts. It is all a team effort and it is not all on the coach. If I was coach we would be moving into the Holiday Inn right now for the next week or longer to get this problem solved. Curfue is at 10 pm and we start at 6 am. And each and every player would be teamed with a fire starter. This can be fixed and Kubiak has the rest of the season to do it regardless how many times you call for his head
this is why there is only one Joe Texan...this is a manstallion of posts. rest of you doubters got served.

Are we going to get this crap after every loss? Schaub had a bad game, foster had a bad game and shocker our young secondary (which we knew was weak from day 1) had another bad game. The Texans are on their best start ever , like joe said we need to calm down over a non conferance loss, As we all discussed ad nauseum ITS ALL ABOUT THE DIVISION. this team is built to beat the teams in our division. If this crap still happens when we play Jax, Indy or Tenn then concern is warrented. All the Texans need is 4 more division wins to get into the playoffs. if the Texans go 5-1 or 4-2 in the AFC South they win division and are in the playoffs. records against nfc teams are third on tie breaker. so the Texans need to take care of their business in the AFC South.

Until they start doing this against Afc south team..step off the ledge.
Old 10-10-2010   #523
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

and the AFC u know justin case LOL

at that means "Try" and beat teh

Chargers
Ravens
Jets
Old 10-10-2010   #524
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Huge detail here. I'd rather watch a bad team that gave me 60 minutes
of blood, sweat, and tears, than this bunch we have here who thinks they
own the building just by "showing up."

This team doesn't INSPIRE fan loyalty, because they don't return what the
fans give THEM. This ain't the Oilers, and they should not be placed into
the same category. The Texans have NOT yet earned the Houston fanbase.
The Texans earned the fanbase when they put the word HOUSTON in front of it.

As long as they play in Houston I will be a fan.
Old 10-10-2010   #525
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 52212 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
this is why there is only one Joe Texan...this is a manstallion of posts. rest of you doubters got served.

Are we going to get this crap after every loss? Schaub had a bad game, foster had a bad game and shocker our young secondary (which we knew was weak from day 1) had another bad game. The Texans are on their best start ever , like joe said we need to calm down over a non conferance loss, As we all discussed ad nauseum ITS ALL ABOUT THE DIVISION. this team is built to beat the teams in our division. If this crap still happens when we play Jax, Indy or Tenn then concern is warrented. All the Texans need is 4 more division wins to get into the playoffs. if the Texans go 5-1 or 4-2 in the AFC South they win division and are in the playoffs. records against nfc teams are third on tie breaker. so the Texans need to take care of their business in the AFC South.

Texans young secondary had two picks, where was the rest of the D? no pass rush, poor in run support etc. not to mention penalty after penalty. poor preperation there is no excuse 5th week into the season @ home against a team your favored to beat. that was an ass whoop'en

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 10-10-2010   #526
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

It's not just the NFC East that has our number. It's pretty much any team that plays physical.

The scouting report on Kubiak's Texans from DAY FVC<ING ONEhas been to punch em in the mouth early and they don't come back from it.

You think Kubiak would have an answer after 5 years of this shit. Apparently he doesn't. He's as clueless on how to play smash-mouth teams as he was in 2006 when he started.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Old 10-11-2010   #527
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
As a fan that has watched Houston football since 1970. You are spot on.

I will also wait until after the Colts game to see how the season goes. .
I have been watching Houston football all my life and I turn 50 next month. My dad used to get free tickets when he worked at GAF next door to the Houston Post. Yes Herv you ARE spot on. But I won't wait until after the Colts game to see how the season goes. Unless the Texans make a really good pickup in the secondary via free agency or trade this team is not going anywhere.

There is another thread on here that shows that the Texans are on course to set an all time record as the worst pass defense EVER. And that even takes into consideration they improve a little bit over the 1st 5 games. You can see teams now game planning against Kareem Jackson and our safeties. It will not stop until the Texans figure out how to fix the huge leak(s) that is in our secondary. This is the NFL.

Look at our remaining schedule.

Kansas City Chiefs
Bye
@ Indianapolis Colts
San Diego Chargers
@ Jacksonville Jaguars
@ New York Jets
Tennessee Titans
@ Philadelphia Eagles
Baltimore Ravens
@ Tennessee Titans
@ Denver Broncos
Jacksonville Jaguars

I think away losses are likely at Indy, Philly and Titans. Denver and Jacksonville are toss ups. I think home losses are likely to the Chargers and Ravens. The Chiefs, Titans and Jacksonville are toss ups. I just don't see any better than 8-8 possibly 9-7 but more likely 7-9. Anybody that can pass can beat us. San Diego will slaughter us with Gates. The Jags might do the same with Lewis. Remember Vernon Davis last year when our defense was better? I'm just not optimistic if the Texans don't aquire some kind of help. What sucks is this puts us 1 year behind if all this leads to a coaching change. Should have done it last year imho.
Old 10-11-2010   #528
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Sounds like Ol' JT has you fetching his cigarettes for him.

When he turns his pants pocket inside-out.... are you able to hang onto it? Seems like the Cheetos crumbs might make it slippery.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Old 10-11-2010   #529
thunderkyss 
&amp; so it begins

Rep Power: 218004 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
I'm just not optimistic if the Texans don't aquire some kind of help. What sucks is this puts us 1 year behind if all this leads to a coaching change. Should have done it last year imho.
True... True.
Old 10-11-2010   #530
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Really? Cuz we don't. Last year we won 1 game in our division. We are a whopping 2-14 against the Colts, who we are built to beat? Yes, we beat them last time. I'm not convinced we won't lose the next 5 divisional games is a row...

You know what?, I think we're built to beat the Raiders, Cardinals, and Longhorns...

Old 10-11-2010   #531
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

I have several problems with today's game. Here are a few of them:

1) When Schaub rolls out, he needs to get rid of the ball a lot quicker. I remember one play specifically when he rolled out to the right and Dreessen was coming across towards the sideline in front of Schaub. Instead of throwing it when Dreessen was open, and giving him a chance to make a play, Schaub held onto the ball until it was too late, and then threw it away. He made several similar plays today. He just seemed very slow in his reactions today.

2) Steve Slaton should not be returning kicks. He is terrible back there. I would rather see David Anderson returning kicks than Slaton, and Anderson shouldn't be returning punts or kicks either, which brings me to #....

3) David Anderson should not be returning Punts. He doesn't seem to track the ball very well in the air, and doesn't do much with it after he catches. it. It's days like this that I really miss J. J. Moses.

4) TheTexans are trying to get pressure on the QB with the front four, and aren't very effective. Since they are not putting much pressure on the QB, they are putting the secondary under extraordinary pressure.

5) Our secondary is young, and very inexperienced, so it looks like the DC is trying to protect them by playing a lot of zone. Because of this, even average QB's are able to pick them apart. On the few times that the Texans sent an extra man, and were able to put pressure on Manning, we were able to force a couple turnovers. I guess what I'm saying here is the Texans should blitz more. Combined with more blitzing, the Texans should run more Man-to-Man. The CB's are young, so put them out on an island, and make them prove that they deserve to be there. If they are playing hard and get beat, well, that's a learning experience for them. As it is, they are so far off the WRs that they are unable to make a play.

6) regarding #'s 4 & 5....This is a DC issue. From what I am seeing, the DC is not putting the guys in the positions to make plays. It looks as if he wants to play it safe isntead of letting the kids do what they were drafted to do. This doesn't instill any confidence in the team, and in all actuallity, it has more of a negative effect on the psyche of the players, because it make them think that their coaches don't believe in their abilities. This is a bad thing. I believe you should put these young CB's out on an island and let them either sink or swim. If they can't cut it, you find someone else who can. The thing is, you won't know if they can handle it until you make them try.

****At what point do you fire the DC?

Last edited by vtech9; 10-11-2010 at 12:44 AM. Reason: add last line
Old 10-11-2010   #532
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I got it!

They are not game-planning for NFC teams. They have been studying the Chiefs all week!

Brilliant!

I-D-I-O-T-S

Old 10-11-2010   #533
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have been watching Houston football all my life and I turn 50 next month. My dad used to get free tickets when he worked at GAF next door to the Houston Post. Yes Herv you ARE spot on. But I won't wait until after the Colts game to see how the season goes. Unless the Texans make a really good pickup in the secondary via free agency or trade this team is not going anywhere.

There is another thread on here that shows that the Texans are on course to set an all time record as the worst pass defense EVER. And that even takes into consideration they improve a little bit over the 1st 5 games. You can see teams now game planning against Kareem Jackson and our safeties. It will not stop until the Texans figure out how to fix the huge leak(s) that is in our secondary. This is the NFL.

Look at our remaining schedule.

Kansas City Chiefs
Bye
@ Indianapolis Colts
San Diego Chargers
@ Jacksonville Jaguars
@ New York Jets
Tennessee Titans
@ Philadelphia Eagles
Baltimore Ravens
@ Tennessee Titans
@ Denver Broncos
Jacksonville Jaguars

I think away losses are likely at Indy, Philly and Titans. Denver and Jacksonville are toss ups. I think home losses are likely to the Chargers and Ravens. The Chiefs, Titans and Jacksonville are toss ups. I just don't see any better than 8-8 possibly 9-7 but more likely 7-9. Anybody that can pass can beat us. San Diego will slaughter us with Gates. The Jags might do the same with Lewis. Remember Vernon Davis last year when our defense was better? I'm just not optimistic if the Texans don't aquire some kind of help. What sucks is this puts us 1 year behind if all this leads to a coaching change. Should have done it last year imho.

I have been complaining as much as anyone about how bad our CB's are but to say we can't beat a team with a good passer is a bit off I think.

Would you not consider Peyton Manning or Donovan Mcnabb good passers?
Old 10-11-2010   #534
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 22430 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What sucks is this puts us 1 year behind if all this leads to a coaching change. Should have done it last year imho.
This is what I was saying way back in January. We should have made the switch then, and this year would have been our new coach's transition year. Unlike a lot of fans, I'm not afraid of taking a step back to make a huge leap forward. Too many fans are terrifed of any other coach coming in here, and the team going backwards. There is a chance that a new coach could move us FORWARD as well.

We will see. There's still plenty of season for Kubiak to prove me wrong. I honestly hope he does.
Old 10-11-2010   #535
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Face paint was from miller light and was great taste, less filling. If this team cannot be coached like the old days then they can't be coached. I say they run then from 7 am till lunch and then run till 6 pm every day this week, we might not learn much but we will not get that winded look we had today.
Old 10-11-2010   #536
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
I have been complaining as much as anyone about how bad our CB's are but to say we can't beat a team with a good passer is a bit off I think.

Would you not consider Peyton Manning or Donovan Mcnabb good passers?
The Texans played their best game against Indy and beat them with the running game. Manning will feast on our secondary in Indy. Our secondary has now been exposed and every team on our schedule knows about it. The Texans were really lucky to beat Washington. McNabb had a good day against us and could have easily won if Schaub hadn't had his one good passing game so far to keep us in it along with Foster. As the season rolls on it will only get worse if Kubiak and Bush don't figure out a way to fix it. Thats just the way it is in the NFL. If something works teams will use it against you until you show them you can stop it.
Old 10-11-2010   #537
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
The Texans played their best game against Indy and beat them with the running game. Manning will feast on our secondary in Indy. Our secondary has now been exposed and every team on our schedule knows about it. The Texans were really lucky to beat Washington. McNabb had a good day against us and could have easily won if Schaub hadn't had his one good passing game so far to keep us in it along with Foster. As the season rolls on it will only get worse if Kubiak and Bush don't figure out a way to fix it. Thats just the way it is in the NFL. If something works teams will use it against you until you show them you can stop it.
I am re-watching the game rite now and I almost agree with you..our secondary and particularly Kareem Jackson are so bad it is painful to watch.

I still think we CAN beat pretty much any team with the team we have rite now, despite a terrible secondary.
Yes they need to improve A LOT or we need to make some FA move/trade if we want to make a deep playoff run but overall this is still a dangerous team.
Old 10-11-2010   #538
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 85968 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
You know what?, I think we're built to beat the Raiders, Cardinals, and Longhorns...
We lost to them on MNF last season. Actually we lost to the Raider and Cardinals too.
Old 10-11-2010   #539
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Woke up this morning and saw the 3d quarter score was 24-10 and I fell back asleep thinking they may pull it out. Yeah ,well... not so much.

I'm not judging until we have more Division games. I will say that the first two wins gave a lot of people hope for a great season that may be unwarranted, myself included.

You can never judge a team on the first few weeks of a season.
Old 10-11-2010   #540
thunderkyss 
&amp; so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
I am re-watching the game rite now and I almost agree with you..our secondary and particularly Kareem Jackson are so bad it is painful to watch.

I still think we CAN beat pretty much any team with the team we have rite now, despite a terrible secondary.
Yes they need to improve A LOT or we need to make some FA move/trade if we want to make a deep playoff run but overall this is still a dangerous team.
Our pass coverage sucks, I'm not saying any different.

But we had 6 possessions in the first half, and put up 3 points.

No one thought our defense was going to win games for us.

If we had scored on just half of those possessions (two touchdowns in addition to our one field goal) this is a different game. We go into halftime, down 24-17.

We held them to 10 points in the second half. We had 6 possessions in the second half, we should have scored on half of them. Add another 10 points, and we're talking 34-34.

Forget the ifs... don't make a big deal, that I said if & should have.. forget about the defense.

We scored 10 points at home, & couldn't move the ball. That's the point.

We're talking about no pressure on the QB, I'm watching this game a second time, & I'm seeing plenty of pressure. I'm seeing a QB who holds his schitz together under pressure & makes things happen, receivers who work to their QB when things go wrong.

Then I watch our QB who is looking for the first opportunity to throw it away.

We're talking about our poor secondary, guess what, every other team has been able to exploit the Giants secondary... the Titans exploited the Giants secondary, just like they exploited the Cowboys secondary.

I think our defense is getting better. It's just too hard to see, when your offense goes 3 & out the majority of the time.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read