Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2010   #481
Lucky

Rep Power: 218553 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Kubiak spoke to several players today. I know it's out of the norm, but I saw him speak to Kareem, Bernard, Schaub & AJ... some of them more than once.
I saw what I saw. And that was a coach on an island.
Old 10-10-2010   #482
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30799 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Bill, come on man. You're awesome dude and one of my favorite posters, but when is enough enough for you? I mean the way this team week in and week out can only perform well enough to get the job done when their backs are against the wall points to one thing: poor coaching and poor game planning.

Every year it is the same thing and I feel like I am freaking bipolar with this team. Every year I start out believing Kubiak is the man for the job and he will be the guy to get us to the promised land. Actually, what else am I supposed to think? If I just think we are going to suck and the coach is a failure, why go through the pain, misery, and depression I feel on days like this?!?

But the man continues to do the same things and this organization continues to do the same damn things. We won't spend the money when it counts (Schobel, Rolle, etc.), and Kubiak continues to be on one week, off the next, on one half, and off the the next. It is ridiculous man, and I am just getting tired of seeing it.

I am sick and tired of the excuses!!!! Oh, we just don't have the personnel, our defensive backs just aren't good enough, our defensive tackles just aren't good enough, our running backs just aren't good enough, and the excuses go on and on and on!

Every team has weaknesses. Every freaking team in the NFL! But every year we continue to use our one or two weaknesses as our excuses for why we can never get over the damn hump. So when for you guys do the excuses stop? As I said man, I mean no disrespect in what I am saying. I honestly would like to know how you continue to be okay defending this organization. I mean sometimes I feel like the ardent defenders of the McNair organization are just like the homers defending the Obama administration constantly making excuses for why things aren't getting better.

You had me up until your last sentence. And we just know Bush did a fantastic job as President, yes? That doucebag damn near ruined this freaking country.

I suggest you leave politics out of the discussion about football.
Old 10-10-2010   #483
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Fact: Kubiak and Co. have had FIVE drafts.

Fact: Every player on this team has been chosen by Kubiak and Co.

How many NFL coaches out there have had five drafts with their current team without making the playoffs? What's the average duration of an NFL career?
You're speaking as if we aren't going to make the play-offs this year. If that were the case, you're right, we need a change...... But to this point, Kubiak & crew has only had 4 shots at making the play-offs, they are on their fifth try now.

Personally, I'm devastated by what I saw today, what I saw vs the Cowboys, what I saw against the 'Skins, & even what I saw against the Colts. The one thing we thought we had, the passing game really isn't were it needs to be.

I believe that starts with our QB. He doesn't beat the blitz with any regularity. He doesn't extend plays. & he's throwing an awful lot of ducks, five games into the season.

I never thought we were supposed to be the Baltimore Ravens, or the NYJets. I understand we have problems on defense, but we knew that going in. I knew the defense was going to have to get better as the season went on.

Today's fiasco, in my mind, is hard to pin on the defense.... 33 points.. 400 yards of offense. I mean we got two turnovers & the offense did squat with them. In Dallas, we scored 6 points outside of garbage time. I believe we ran the ball so much against Indy, because we couldn't throw it.

If we can control the game on the offensive side of the ball, we can turn this thing around. With Kubiak as our HC, I feel comfortable that we can do that.

Why he hasn't grabbed the offense by the neck yet, I don't know.

But it's time.
Old 10-10-2010   #484
Lucky

Rep Power: 218553 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Yes. There's a place for political discussion. This is not that place.
Old 10-10-2010   #485
Ckw

Quote:
You had me up until your last sentence. And we just know Bush did a fantastic job as President, yes? That doucebag damn near ruined this freaking country.

Actually, you fell right into my trap and did exactly what I wanted you to do and made my argument for me. It's all deflection. My point wasn't about politics or Obama or Bush. My post was about Gary Kubiak, and the Kubiak's band of merry men and their ability to constantly find every reason why it isn't his fault.

Obama & Bush = Kubiak & our secondary/DTs/RBs/etc.

Old 10-10-2010   #486
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Yes. There's a place for political discussion. This is not that place.
And just to clarify, my comment wasn't intended to bring about political discussion. It was simply the best analogy I could think of, and spartan did exactly what I wanted him or someone else to do: mention Bush when I was talking about Obama just as people mention our weaknesses when we bring up Kubiak's failures.

Old 10-10-2010   #487
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 18298 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Its probably been mentioned before but taking a franchise to its first ever playoff is the not the easiest thing in the world to do. Heck, even in the playoffs its hard to get a playoff team to the divisional championship game!

As long as we don't go 3-13 and improve upon our 9-7 record or make it to the playoffs we should be good. I know I'm bitter after a game but we have to realize that this is football and this is why teams play. Look at the Rams, they took down the Skins' but were humbled by the Lions who lost four straight game before winning one.

We still have a long way to go so lets see what happens...

GO TEXANS!
Old 10-10-2010   #488
PockyAF
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3090 PockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Actually, you fell right into my trap and did exactly what I wanted you to do and made my argument for me. It's all deflection. My point wasn't about politics or Obama or Bush. My post was about Gary Kubiak, and the Kubiak's band of merry men and their ability to constantly find every reason why it isn't his fault.

Obama & Bush = Kubiak & our secondary/DTs/RBs/etc.
Old 10-10-2010   #489
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PockyAF View Post

Hilarious dude!!! Rep!

Old 10-10-2010   #490
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30799 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And just to clarify, my comment wasn't intended to bring about political discussion. It was simply the best analogy I could think of, and spartan did exactly what I wanted him or someone else to do: mention Bush when I was talking about Obama just as people mention our weaknesses when we bring up Kubiak's failures.
Bullshit.

You know what? I happent to be watching W. on cable right now. Great film. You are doing exactly what Bush and his clowns did: Make it up as you go along, then change things later to save face.

Just for the record, I have been calling for Kubiak's head for a long time now. As I said originally, I agreed with you. Until you brought up politics. You could have easily made your point w/out getting political.
Old 10-10-2010   #491
Ckw

Quote:
Bullshit.

You know what? I happent to be watching W. on cable right now. Great film. You are doing exactly what Bush and his clowns did: Make it up as you go along, then change things later to save face.

Just for the record, I have been calling for Kubiak's head for a long time now. As I said originally, I agreed with you. Until you brought up politics. You could have easily made your point w/out getting political.
Dude, chill out. You are a bit too wound up. For the record, and then I want to stop with the political discussions period, I think Bush was a TERRIBLE president. I just don't think Obama has been any better, and this isn't the NSZ so I'm not going to go into the reasons why I don't think he has been any better.

Read my post again. I wasn't saying EVERYONE that supports Obama also supports Kubiak. That has nothing to do with it. I just find it uncanny how people continue to be able to make excuses for these two guys. It was an ANALOGY. That's it. No more, no less. And for the record, please don't tell me you are basing your opinions of Bush on the movie W, a good movie yes, but not exactly a historical documentary.

Now, go smoke a joint and chill the f out.

Old 10-10-2010   #492
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 75856 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Dude, WTF? Obama = moron and W = moron....they were both effing epic morons. You don't see that = blindness...

Back to football.....

I'm not at the point of firing Kubes, I can't lay it all at his feet. This team has always done the ole win one, lose one routine with an occasional winning streak (2005 being the exception as we only lost).

Really you could see this loss coming a mile away. Think about it...

Win big game in Washington....check
Lose big game to Dallas..........check
Win "bouncback" game in OAK..check
Lose follwoing game epically....check

So expect a win next week and the old "all is well" feeling from the FO to the coaches.

Inconsistency is the only thing consistent at reliant (with the exception of horrible secondary)

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 10-10-2010   #493
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Dude, chill out. You are a bit too wound up. For the record, and then I want to stop with the political discussions period, I think Bush was a TERRIBLE president. I just don't think Obama has been any better, and this isn't the NSZ so I'm not going to go into the reasons why I don't think he has been any better.

Read my post again. I wasn't saying EVERYONE that supports Obama also supports Kubiak. That has nothing to do with it. I just find it uncanny how people continue to be able to make excuses for these two guys. It was an ANALOGY. That's it. No more, no less. And for the record, please don't tell me you are basing your opinions of Bush on the movie W, a good movie yes, but not exactly a historical documentary.

Now, go smoke a joint and chill the f out.
You started this. Not me. And, no, I am not basing my opinions about The Frat Boy on the movie W.

History is what it is.
Old 10-10-2010   #494
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
You're speaking as if we aren't going to make the play-offs this year. If that were the case, you're right, we need a change...... But to this point, Kubiak & crew has only had 4 shots at making the play-offs, they are on their fifth try now.
As I clarified in a subsequent post, that is exactly my premise. If the team makes the playoffs this year, then I'm not on the Fire Kubiak bandwagon. And as I also clarified, I want him to be around for a long while. I like the man. But this is the year - playoffs or bust.

After the Colts game, I thought privately to myself that I'd get excited when they played well offensively against a 3-4 defense. If this is the sometimes-on, mostly-off offense we'll see for the rest of the year, then we're done. If the defense continues at its current pace (and I see no real reason to suspect it won't), we're screwed.

So I guess my optimism has gone from cautiously optimistic to mostly pessimistic. I fully recognize that a good deal of that attitude is formed as a result of being a Texans fan for all this time. I mean, I'm somewhat intelligent. I can detect trends.
Old 10-10-2010   #495
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Dude, WTF? Obama = moron and W = moron....they were both effing epic morons. You don't see that = blindness...

Back to football.....

I'm not at the point of firing Kubes, I can't lay it all at his feet. This team has always done the ole win one, lose one routine with an occasional winning streak (2005 being the exception as we only lost).

Really you could see this loss coming a mile away. Think about it...

Win big game in Washington....check
Lose big game to Dallas..........check
Win "bouncback" game in OAK..check
Lose follwoing game epically....check

So expect a win next week and the old "all is well" feeling from the FO to the coaches.

Inconsistency is the only thing consistent at reliant (with the exception of horrible secondary)
Amen. Both presidents have major issues.

Moving on, I agree with you. I had a really bad feeling the last couple of days about this game. We were a bit too fired up after Oakland. And, of course, we will now probably beat the hell out of KC.
Old 10-10-2010   #496
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post

That pretty much sums up the Texans in my opinion. Up, down, up, down, and here we go again. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Old 10-10-2010   #497
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 91406 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bullshit.

What channel is W. on?
Old 10-10-2010   #498
Ckw

Quote:
You started this. Not me. And, no, I am not basing my opinions about The Frat Boy on the movie W.

History is what it is.
Quote:
Amen. Both presidents have major issues.

Moving on, I agree with you. I had a really bad feeling the last couple of days about this game. We were a bit too fired up after Oakland. And, of course, we will now probably beat the hell out of KC.
Did you not read when I said the following:

Quote:
For the record, and then I want to stop with the political discussions period, I think Bush was a TERRIBLE president.
The point was it isn't about Bush or Obama or Clinton or Lincoln or Jefferson or your great grandma. My only purpose in even mentioning Obama was to state that it is amazing how people when they want to can make excuses for anything they want. Maybe a better analogy for you would have been that people are so good at making excuses for Kubiak they would probably be successful at convincing the world that their shit doesn't stink.

We certainly do live in an overly sensitive society...

Old 10-10-2010   #499
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been watching Houston NFL teams take the field since roughly 1976 now that I think about it. I was 11 then and when I look back my memories are kind of fuzzy and a little biased from general nostalgia and fondness for the time. One thing remains true without any exception and that's the fact that every team I ever watched play football was a direct reflection, for better or worse of it's coach.

Bum Phillips teams weren't sophisticated or exceptionally talented but they never quit and they left everything they had out on the field. Ed Biles teams appeared to lack direction as his tenure went on. Initially they were the same bunch of moderately talented overachievers that Bum Phillips had coached but as the games went by you could tell they lacked a motivator. Hugh Campbell's Oilers were low on both talent and experience and reflected his finesse approach to the game. They were soft and more often than not pushed around all over the field. Jerry Glanville's Oilers were angry, aggressive, and stupid and played dirty football with a chip on their shoulder just like the pompous little midget who led them wanted them to. Jack Pardee took that team and taught them a better version of their offense but never could teach them discipline. In fact I don't think he even tried. His team had the same disoriented look on their faces he had when things didn't go well. Jeff Fisher's Oilers I didn't pay attention to because they were a lame duck and I wasn't putting any money in Bud Adams pocket if I could help it.

Dom Capers Texans were a lot like Hugh Campbell's Oilers. Lacking in talent (on the field and on the sideline) they played simple, boring, unimaginative football that their "mimbo" rookie QB could understand. The first incarnation of the Texans was too stupid to do much of anything without shooting itself in the foot. In one word they looked lost much like a man with more than he can handle on his plate. I think that's an apt description of Dom Capers the Head Coach.

Gary Kubiak's Texans are.... frustrating and hard to figure out. There's something wrong with them on both sides of the ball and they are to a man Gary's guys. Make no mistake, if the team looks good it's on Gary and if the team looks like they did today then that's on Gary too. This is his mess. He picked them, he coaches them, and he tells them what to do. OK, so his coordinators do that last one but he picked those men as well. What you see on the field is a direct reflection of Gary Kubiak and what he's capable of doing. 5 drafts, 5 training camps, 5 shots at free agency are on display this season and there is no single factor that can possibly outweigh the imprint of Gary Kubiak and the job he's done.

We are 3-2 and tied for first place in our division. We went 3-1 in the first quarter of the season. We're 0-1 to start the second. If we enter the bye week at 4-2 and still holding on to a piece of the division lead then much of this will die down. If we slide into our bye week at 3-3 then the two weeks prior to the Colts on Monday Night Football will be filled with howls for Kubiak's head by fans who will have paid to see a 1-3 team at home.

I'm waiting until the Monday night game against the Colts to decide what I think about this bunch.
Old 10-10-2010   #500
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
We certainly do live in an overly sensitive society...
Watch it, you may hurt my feewings
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read