Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2010   #461
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fire Kubiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
"Big name" coaches rarely work out. See: Jon Gruden in Tampa, Bill Parcells in Dallas, George Seifert in Carolina, Herm Edwards in Kansas City. I think paying Bill Cowher an absurd amount of money would likely be a mistake. Look at the coaches of your last few Super Bowl teams, and there are no "big names" except for Belichick. The only guy I'd rather have here than Kubiak right now is Tony Dungy, and I don't think he'll ever return to football.
Gruden only won a Super Bowl in Tampa.

Bill Parcells didn't work in Dallas? Did you see what he started with?

They're still living off of what he built there.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Old 10-10-2010   #462
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 93420 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

I'm just starting to believe that the Denver offense of "smaller and faster" O-linemen is no longer an every-situation solution, i.e. large, fast NFC East linemen. It works beautifully against most teams, but it's completely flattened against some elite teams. That's why it hasn't won a Superbowl since John Elway, and why Denver finally fired Shanahan after so many years.
Old 10-10-2010   #463
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 79528 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
I'm just starting to believe that the Denver offense of "smaller and faster" O-linemen is no longer an every-situation solution, i.e. large, fast NFC East linemen. It works beautifully against most teams, but it's completely flattened against some elite teams. That's why it hasn't won a Superbowl since John Elway, and why Denver finally fired Shanahan after so many years.
I think that offense is more played out than the "WildCat"...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Crapatrick!....
Old 10-10-2010   #464
Lucky

Rep Power: 180779 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans are 3-2 and tied for the lead in the AFC South. Kubiak is not getting fired anytime soon.

Having said that, I'm still bothered by Kubiak's gameday coaching approach. He is constantly standing alone, 40 to 50 yards from the LOS, and only speaking to whoever is on the other end of the headset. He never comes over to talk to the players when they come off the field. He never coaches or motivates the players during dead times, like TV timeouts. I find myself just watching Kubiak on the sideline, rather than the game. He seems dispassionate and removed during the game.

I just can't fathom how a coach can lead his team, when he is standing 50 yards away at all times. My bottom line is wins. 3-2 is better than 1-4 or 2-3. The Texans are still on course for reaching their goals. But in my heart, I just don't believe in Kubiak's coaching style. A head coach should lead on the field. And the Texans don't get that from Kubiak.
Old 10-10-2010   #465
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm absolutely terrified that we might have seen the very best we're going to get from this incarnation of the team. That's the elephant in the room as far as I'm concerned. Seeing this team just flop out of their locker room and then roll over to get their tummy scratched by the Giants, after previously seeing that very same act out of them against the Cowboys really calls into question the idea that we're on the right track. That's what causes all the fan infighting we have and all the "You're not a REAL fan" bullshit. Nobody wants to believe that we are on the wrong road, doing the wrong things, or signing the wrong players but this core is in its 5th year and saying that it feels like we may have hit a plateau doesn't sound unreasonable.

That's what I'm most concerned about. The idea of starting another rebuilding cycle fills me with despair at this point. I need Kubiak to be the right guy and I haven't seen a lot on the field the past three weeks to make me believe he is. I want to believe this group of players and coaches has what it takes.
Old 10-10-2010   #466
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 138542 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

******** people!!!
Old 10-10-2010   #467
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

I would be suprised if we brought Cowher in as HC. Would he overhaul our defense in favor of a 3-4 or will he keep our current 2-3-1 alignment (we have no DBs and DTs to speak of with the exception of Pollard)?

As long as we make it to the playoffs, we're going to keep Kubiak. If not, well Shanny got the axe after an 8-8 season so I have no doubt Kubiak might be on the way out.

If we DO look for a HC and Cowher is not one of em', how about bringing in Jon gruden so he can yell at our guys and light the fire we need or Marty Schotenhemier and play some MARTY BALL!
Old 10-10-2010   #468
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
The Texans are 3-2 and tied for the lead in the AFC South.
Eventually, Kubiak supporters are gonna have to come off that line, and
address the truth. Clinging on to that for dear life isn't correct, especially
when the league now has three solid weeks worth of film on Texans'
weaknesses on both sides of the ball. The Giants perfectly schemed
the Texans out of Zone Blocking. I couldn't believe my eyes. They
took the hammer the Texans had been beating teams with, and schemed
them out of using it.

The one-trick of the Texans offense was completely taken away by the
Giants. On defense, they simply abused the corners in the same manner
the Cowboys did. The Texans had to respect the Giants' run game, and
when he LB's had to help out against Bradshaw and Jacobs, those
corners got WORKED.

The test for the Texans now, is finding a way to be effective, now that
the good coaching staffs now have good tape on how to take your best
weapon out of your hands.
Old 10-10-2010   #469
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 259047 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Fact: Kubiak and Co. have had FIVE drafts.

Fact: Every player on this team has been chosen by Kubiak and Co.

How many NFL coaches out there have had five drafts with their current team without making the playoffs? What's the average duration of an NFL career?
Old 10-10-2010   #470
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 138542 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Just as I suspected!! Retarded ass, know it alls!!! I only wish y'all were as brilliant as you think y'all are.....
Old 10-10-2010   #471
Lucky

Rep Power: 180779 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

******** people!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Fact: Every player on this team has been chosen by Kubiak and Co.
Other than the best player, Andre Johnson.
Old 10-10-2010   #472
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30005 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fire Kubiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
"Big name" coaches rarely work out. See: Jon Gruden in Tampa, Bill Parcells in Dallas, George Seifert in Carolina, Herm Edwards in Kansas City. I think paying Bill Cowher an absurd amount of money would likely be a mistake. Look at the coaches of your last few Super Bowl teams, and there are no "big names" except for Belichick. The only guy I'd rather have here than Kubiak right now is Tony Dungy, and I don't think he'll ever return to football.
Dude, re-read your own post. Using your logic, we should give Kubiak a 100-year contract, correct?

Give me a ****ing break.
Old 10-10-2010   #473
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17026 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

O snap this thread is back again

Guyz kubes aint getting fired anytime soon me thinks
Old 10-10-2010   #474
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 259047 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
O snap this thread is back again

Guyz kubes aint getting fired anytime soon me thinks
Definitely not during the season. I want him to stick around for a long while, but as I pointed out above, this is his team. He's had five drafts, and there are precious few coaches in today's NFL that get that long to make the playoffs.

This is his team. If he can't make the playoffs with them this year, then he needs to go.
Old 10-10-2010   #475
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17026 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

i agree if he losses bad this season he should go

i dont think if we dont make the PS then he should go i think its how we lose and win and what not
Old 10-10-2010   #476
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just as I suspected!! Retarded ass, know it alls!!! I only wish y'all were as brilliant as you think y'all are.....
I hate to break it to you, but I am EVEN MORE brilliant than I think I am!!!

That, and I am also MUCH more humble than I think i am!!!

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Old 10-10-2010   #477
PockyAF
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3090 PockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
i agree if he losses bad this season he should go

i dont think if we dont make the PS then he should go i think its how we lose and win and what not
Does getting our ass stomped at home and scaring away the fans with their
horrid pass defense, and non-existent offense not do it for you?
Old 10-10-2010   #478
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 286048 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
The Texans are 3-2 and tied for the lead in the AFC South. Kubiak is not getting fired anytime soon.

Having said that, I'm still bothered by Kubiak's gameday coaching approach. He is constantly standing alone, 40 to 50 yards from the LOS, and only speaking to whoever is on the other end of the headset. He never comes over to talk to the players when they come off the field. He never coaches or motivates the players during dead times, like TV timeouts. I find myself just watching Kubiak on the sideline, rather than the game. He seems dispassionate and removed during the game.

I just can't fathom how a coach can lead his team, when he is standing 50 yards away at all times. My bottom line is wins. 3-2 is better than 1-4 or 2-3. The Texans are still on course for reaching their goals. But in my heart, I just don't believe in Kubiak's coaching style. A head coach should lead on the field. And the Texans don't get that from Kubiak.
Kubiak spoke to several players today. I know it's out of the norm, but I saw him speak to Kareem, Bernard, Schaub & AJ... some of them more than once.
Old 10-10-2010   #479
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

This thread sure brings back memories from when it first got posted last year.

Man, I was so worked up that I didn't even sleep that night. It's not looking good for tonight either.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Old 10-10-2010   #480
Ckw

Quote:

******** people!!!
Bill, come on man. You're awesome dude and one of my favorite posters, but when is enough enough for you? I mean the way this team week in and week out can only perform well enough to get the job done when their backs are against the wall points to one thing: poor coaching and poor game planning.

Every year it is the same thing and I feel like I am freaking bipolar with this team. Every year I start out believing Kubiak is the man for the job and he will be the guy to get us to the promised land. Actually, what else am I supposed to think? If I just think we are going to suck and the coach is a failure, why go through the pain, misery, and depression I feel on days like this?!?

But the man continues to do the same things and this organization continues to do the same damn things. We won't spend the money when it counts (Schobel, Rolle, etc.), and Kubiak continues to be on one week, off the next, on one half, and off the the next. It is ridiculous man, and I am just getting tired of seeing it.

I am sick and tired of the excuses!!!! Oh, we just don't have the personnel, our defensive backs just aren't good enough, our defensive tackles just aren't good enough, our running backs just aren't good enough, and the excuses go on and on and on!

Every team has weaknesses. Every freaking team in the NFL! But every year we continue to use our one or two weaknesses as our excuses for why we can never get over the damn hump. So when for you guys do the excuses stop? As I said man, I mean no disrespect in what I am saying. I honestly would like to know how you continue to be okay defending this organization. I mean sometimes I feel like the ardent defenders of the McNair organization are just like the homers defending the Obama administration constantly making excuses for why things aren't getting better.

Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read