Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 09-28-2010   #1
Ckw

Default Brent Celek

Well, we all know what he is capable of. Right now, I have Celek and Winslow as my TEs. Should I drop Celek? Since it looks like Vick is the starter, it doesn't look like Celek is going to get many looks because Vick is a RACIST!!!!!! (j/k)

Available TEs are Aaron Hernandez NE, who I really like, John Carlson, Jermain Gresham, and Jeremy Shockey. Also, the KC TE is available but they are on a bye week and so is Winslow so I'd be without a starting TE this week if I went with him.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
Old 09-28-2010   #2
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brent Celek

Aaron Hernandez NE

DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-28-2010   #3
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72917 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Carlson.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010   #4
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90373 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd dump Winslow. I have him and he is too injury-prone to be consistent. Either Carlson or Petigrew are good pick ups
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010   #5
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72917 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Celek is damn good though. Hate to see him get dropped then have a couple huge games.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010   #6
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Aaron Hernandez NE

DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!
Any reasons why? You expecting big things from him? He has looked good so far, but seems like a bit of a risk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Carlson.
Carlson has just let me down too many times. This would be the 3rd straight year I have had him, and he just never seems to produce consistently.

All I am looking for is a TE to put up 5-10 points a week consistently. He doesn't have to have huge upside, but some would be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
I'd dump Winslow. I have him and he is too injury-prone to be consistent. Either Carlson or Petigrew are good pick ups
You think so? Anyone else think I should drop Winslow? His upside is huge though. I mean when he plays, he is the Bucs number 1 option. The bye week is coming at a GREAT time for him, so he may be able to get healthy and come back and play well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Celek is damn good though. Hate to see him get dropped then have a couple huge games.
Agreed. But I am afraid that Vick won't utilize him. It doesn't matter how great the TE is, take Vernon Davis for example so far this season, if the QB sucks or doesn't throw to him, he is worthless for fantasy purposes.

Anyone that gives me reasons for why I should pick up a certain player will be repped accordingly. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-28-2010   #7
Ckw

Alright I went conservative, and a little crazy. I now have 3 TEs. I dropped Fred Taylor and picked up Aaron Hernandez.

I now just have to decide whether to start Hernandez or Celek this week...
Sponsored links
Old 09-28-2010   #8
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Alright I went conservative, and a little crazy. I now have 3 TEs. I dropped Fred Taylor and picked up Aaron Hernandez.

I now just have to decide whether to start Hernandez or Celek this week...
Is this a PPR league?
Old 09-28-2010   #9
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Is this a PPR league?
Nope. Standard scoring. 6 points for TDs, 1 point for every 10 yards, etc.
Old 09-29-2010   #10
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Just dropped him in all 3 of my leagues. I had high hopes for the guy but I can't wait all season for him to reach his potential.

I was able to grab Hernandez in 2 leagues and reached for Carlson in the other.
Old 09-30-2010   #11
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I grabbed the TE from KC. Dude is ballin'. I got him backing up Gonzales. Hernandez has looked good as well.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read